Ep 8 - Confession

Secretary Lee

Sungmin was washing the dishes after their dinner when Halmeoni came home. She asked Sungmin who's luggage was that in their living room. 

"Mr Cho is here, and now bathing in my bathroom, halmeoni. He came here straight from the airport. And he gave you that ginseng that he bought in Shanghai" Sungmin smile happily, showing the gift from her boss.

"Ohh, so nice of him! I must thank him later. He must have given you something too?" halmeoni smile teasingly.

Sungmin smile shyly. She took out the beautiful silk scarf from her pocket that Kyuhyun gave her before he went up to take a bath.

"Wow, this is expensive silk material, and so beautiful. Must be hand-drawn!" halmeoni was admiring the scarf. She felt happy and thankful that Kyuhyun treasured her granddaughter and hopefully her wish would come true, that they love each other and would eventually be united in marriage.

"I feel bad that he bought me an expensive gift. He shouldn't because it was just a business trip and I'm just his secretary" Sungmin said, looking down.

"That means, you are special to him, my dear" halmeoni pinched her nose teasingly.

"Ahhhh halmeoni..... don't say that..." Sungmin smile shyly.

"Oh yes, I made some pudding in the fridge. We can have dessert. Why don't we cut some fruits too, then Kyuhyun can have dessert before he goes back to his apartment" halmeoni said excitedly. Sungmin smile and nodded, and started to take out some fruits. She knew Kyuhyun likes apples, so she peeled off the skin and started cutting. She cuts some pears and some strawberries as well, and arranged all on a big plate.

"Sungminnie, go up and inform Kyuhyun that dessert is ready. Go go... " Halmeoni urged Sungmin to go, while she arranged the pudding onto 3 plates.

Sungmin knocked on her bedroom door and called out her boss "Mr Cho? Dessert is ready... Mr Cho?" Sungmin knocked again. No answer. Maybe he is still bathing, Sungmin thought. Slowly, she opened her door and called her boss again. She saw that her bathroom door was open. Strange, she thought, where was her boss? She stepped in and then she saw it. Her boss had fallen asleep on her bed!

"He looked so peaceful and so handsome" Sungmin said to herself softly. She slowly shook him to wake him up.

"Mr Cho, dessert is ready" and Sungmin shook him again. Suddenly, she was pulled towards him and she lost her balance and landed on top of him! "Argghhhh.. ohmygod.. I'm so sorry Mr Cho..." Sungmin tried to get up but Kyuhyun stopped her. 

"How many times must I say to call me Kyuhyun?.." and his face was just inches away from her face. He was so handsome up close, and his hair smells of her shampoo and were ruffled gorgeously.

"I... I... I'm sorry, Kyu. I just wanted to call you down for dessert..."

Kyuhyun reached up and kissed her briefly. And smile sweetly at her. Slowly and gently, he let her stood up and he himself sat on the bed, trying to comb his hair with his fingers "Sorry, after bathing, I used your hair dryer and I became sleepy. And the whole room smell of you, so your bed has a welcoming effect. I must have fallen asleep" Kyuhyun said sheepishly. He really wanted to kiss her again. But, he shouldn't take advantage of the situation. Instead, he took her hand and gently pull her along, out of the room and towards the staircase.

Sungmin was still thinking of the brief kiss. Her boss' lips were so soft. Though it was brief, his face showed passion and... there was something else. Happiness? She didn't know how to describe what she briefly saw. She herself felt surreal and she felt that there was a glow on her face and she suddenly became shy when halmeoni looked up and smile seeing that they were holding hands. She tried to pull her hand, and Kyuhyun only let it go when they reached the dining table.

"My apologies, halmeoni, I fell asleep just now...." Kyuhyun said while yawning, covering his mouth politely. 

"It's okay, Kyuhyun. You must be very tired after flying back here... come come, have some dessert!" halmeoni gestured Sungmin to pour warm water for their guest. 

"Sit here, Min" Kyuhyun patted the chair next to him.

"It's okay Kyu, I can sit there" Sungmin said, gesturing the seat opposite Kyuhyun, next to halmeoni who sat in the head of the table. 

"Sit here, next to me" Kyuhyun said again. He pulled out the chair for Sungmin to sit. Sungmin obliged and sit down shyly. 

"Halmeoni, this pudding is very nice!! You made this?" Kyuhyun praised her sincerely. 

"Yes, I'm using an old receipe passed down from my late mother. It's a mixture of rice pudding, with mango and coconut. Come, have some more!" and she scooped more for Kyuhyun before he could stopped her. He said his thanks and started eating again. 

After he ate a few spoonful, he looked up at halmeoni "Halmeoni, I want to ask your permission to bring Sungmin along for my next business trip to Shanghai.." he said while glancing at Sungmin. 

"Aishhh Kyuhyun, if it is regarding work, how can I said no? And you need not ask my permission, just tell Sungmin that she needs to go with you..." halmeoni giggled. 

"I want her to come along because, not just because I need help, but also because..." and he glance at Sungmin again "because I missed her a lot. I don't think I can be away from her for very long, I don't know why and I never felt like this before, but my heart felt so pain not seeing her face everyday" Kyuhyun confessed and took her hand into his. "I love Sungmin, halmeoni, really really love her" and he glanced lovingly at Sungmin. 

"Oh my, Kyuhyun, this is what I've been hoping for!! But Sungminnie is a simple girl and might not be up to your standard...."

"No no, halmeoni, I don't care about all this. I have already fallen in love with her before I realised it, and I didn't know when it all started... and i hope Sungmin feels the same way as me..." and he turned to Sungmin who, by now, was too shy to look up.  She was so touched that her boss sincerely loves her. 

"Sungminnie? Say something" halmeoni . 

Sungmin looked up, and slowly turned to look at her boss. "I... love Kyuhyun too, halmeoni. Very much" Sungmin said shyly. She felt her hand got squeezed and she smile to the face that she missed when he was away from her in Shanghai. Kyuhyun smile happily and brought her hand up to kiss her hand. Sungmin felt shy in front of halmeoni, being treated lovingly by her boss. 

Halmeoni was clapping happily that what she has been praying has really happened. She couldn't thank God enough!