Ep 11 - no longer a secret

Secretary Lee


"So, KimKyu! I see that you are getting closer to your secretary! So number 7th is really a good number for you since Sungmin is your 7th secretary!!" Heechul teased Kyuhyun when he saw them coming to office together the 1st Monday when they were back from Shanghai. He immediately called Kyuhyun to come over to his office. 

Kyuhyun chuckled "I just happened to pass by her house, so I fetch her". 

"Don't bluff. You purposely went over to fetch her! Out with it, is there something going on between the two of you?" Heechul was adamant to know. He treated Kyuhyun as his brother, so he would be very happy if Kyuhyun is happy. 

At Heechul's intense stare, Kyuhyun gave up hiding. "Ok ok. Actually hyung, I'm in love with her and I've asked her to marry me".

"I knew it!!!! And damn it, you are fast!!!" he patted Kyuhyun's shoulder laughingly. "Congratulations!!! Finally you fell so deep!!! And I thought my stubborn little brother will never fall in love! Not so soon anyway!! So how's the feeling?"

Kyuhyun smile, trying to put his feelings into words "It's a wonderful feelings, hyung. At first, I was so touched when I realised that she really cares about me, even on those early days when she just joined this company. And she was always very humble, accomodative, willing to share her food, cooked for me when I went to her house, and took care of me when I got drenched, etc. I love her down-to-earth attitude, so homely, so demure, so pretty and so pure. I can't help it but to fall in love with her deeply as the days go by". 

"And does she feels the same way? Even if you are such a brat?" Heechul said, raising his eye brows, and crossing his arms. 

"Ahh... hyung, am I that bad???" Kyuhyun said pretending to sulk.

"Yes..." Heechul nodding his head and laughed.

"Ok I admit that I could be such a brat sometimes, but yes, she felt the same way and she loves this brat, annoying and jealous me.." Kyuhyun smile triumphantly. 

"You are such a lucky brat! So who else know?" 

"Only Zhoumi. And now you.." 

"Should I make an announcement then??" Heechul said jokingly. 

"No....!!"

"Why?? You two are our 1st couple in this office!! We can celebrate your engagement!!"

"I don't want to put Sungmin in a difficult situation if other staff . Let her work in peace"

"Sooner or later you two will tie the knot. So why not make it official now? By the way, have you met her family?"

"Let me discuss with her whether we should announce our engagement or not, ok? Talking about her family, guess what hyung? Her grandmother loves me a lot and she is very happy that we are engaged! And we'll be visiting her family in Seoul this coming weekend".

"Wow great!! Ok why not I organise a tea break session today and we'll announce the happy news!"

"Huhh, so soon??!!! I thought you mean end of this week!!"

"Why wait?? I'll get Ryeowook to order finger foods, cupcakes, pies and drinks!!!"

Kyuhyun gave up because no point arguing with Heechul if he has already decided on something. "Alright. I'll talk to Sungmin now..." Kyuhyun sighed and dejectedly walked out from Heechul room. He heard Heechul called Ryeowook, so probably Ryeowook will start ordering right after! 

Sungmin was cleaning her boss table and tidy up some A2 size drawings sprawled on his table. To her, at work, Kyuhyun is still her boss. At the sound of footsteps, she looked up and smile when her boss stepped in, and moved back to let him sit. But instead of sitting, Kyuhyun pulled her into his arms.

"Kyu, somebody will walk in..." Sungmin said shyly. 

Kyuhyun smile and let her go, but  held her hand. "Heechul hyung saw us coming together and force me to reveal to him the truth about our relationship"

"Ohh, so he knows?" Sungmin looked at him with a tinch of panic.

"Worst, he wanted to announce to everyone that we are a couple!! And guess what? It's later during tea break party which he is organising now!" Kyuhyun said, with one hand on his forehead. 

"Ohmygod!!" Sungmin closed her face with her hands. 

"Knowing hyung, he won't back out from his plan..." 

Sungmin sighed "We have to face it then. Do you mind everybody knows about us?" Sungmin looked up at Kyuhyun. She really hope that he will not be ashamed of her when everyone knows, because some people might gossip that he chose a secretary to be his wife, instead of a high-flyer lady architects in the same industry. 

"Of course I don't mind, in fact it's a blessing in disguise because we don't have to hide anymore. I was thinking more on how it will affect you. I don't want other staff to gossip behind your back" Kyuhyun pulled her closer again. He really want to kiss her but then again, they are in the office. So he just did a quick peck and caress her cheek, smiling lovingly. 

Sungmin became shy at Kyuhyun's stare "I better go back to my desk and start working" Sungmin gently pulled away from Kyuhyun and smile. 

"Hmmm okayyy... " Kyuhyun squeezed her hand before letting her go completely. Then he said "Min, can you print my schedule for this week? I want to see if I can slot in a few meetings and I want to have some spare time to spend it with you". 

Nodding her head, Sungmin said with a smile "Ok Mr Cho, I'll do it now" and gave a slight bow and walked back to her desk to complete the task.  Kyuhyun took a deep breath and started opening his drawings. He needed to concentrate, else he would constantly be staring at his girl. 

Then, in an hour's time, Sungmin saw Heechul's email about the party. He didn't reveal anything, thankfully, and the invitation is for everyone to attend the tea break to celebrate some project completions and some good news. Sungmin became nervous and checked whether she has dressed appropriately. She had put on a cute A-shape light pink dress with pretty white-rose lace sewn along dress' boat-shape neck, sleeves and the dress hem. The dress ended at her calves elegantly. She was thankful that she looked reasonablely good! 

Sungmin got more nervous when Ryeowook summoned everybody to their open area where the finger foods, delicious looking dessert and beverage were already been laid out. 

"Ok everybody, I want to thank everyone of you for our company's achievements! We just won the best architectural company for being ecology-friendly, thanks to Kyuhyun's brilliant design, and also we won the best firm of the year!!" Heechul announce with lots of cheering and clapping from the staff. 

"And...." Heechul continued "I would like to announce something else..." and Kyuhyun glanced at  Sungmin who was looking shy and looked down. "We have a couple here who just got engaged!" and everyone was speaking with surprise. "Kyuhyun! Come here" and most ladies were covering their mouth with surprise. Apparently a lot of female staff were Kyuhyun's fan! And Changmin patted Kyuhyun's back and congratulated him. 

"This brat has finally falls in love" and everyone laughed and cheered Kyuhyun, and Heechul continued "and the person that has captured his heart is non other than the beautiful Sungmin, his secretary!!" and everyone was looking at Sungmin with surprise and were clapping their hands aporovingly. Ryeowook was so happy and hugged Sungmin and offered her congratulations and grabbed her fingers to look at her ring! The other secretaries too, came over and hugged Sungmin. 

Heechul gestured the two of them to come forward, and Kyuhyun, knowing that his girl would be shy, walked to her and held her hand to pull her gently, while the rest of the staff started cheering. 

"Thank you, everyone.  We actually met even before we both got to know that she was going to be my secretary ......" and Kyuhyun told them briefly what happened at that road junction, and that he was surprised too that she was the one who turned up as his secretary. 

"It must be fated, to tame you, brat" Heechul said with laughter from everyone. 

Kyuhyun laughed, and looking at Sungmin, he said "I'm not sure if it's love at first sight, but what I know is, I'm beginning to fall in love with her and love her a lot, and was thankful that she loves me back and care a lot about me, so I hope that you accept us as a couple and will not gossip behind her back. And in this office, she is still my secretary, so nothing change, okay" Kyuhyun said as a matter of fact. 

"What will change is both of you will always come to office together  and will be holding hands most of the time!" Heechul teased them, with laughter from everyone. Laughing, he continued "How about a brief kiss?" Heechul teased them again, and laughed when Sungmin gave him a horrified look. 

Kyuhyun readily took up the challenge and turning her to him, with one hand on her waist to pull her closer, and one hand holding her face gently, he started kissing her, with loud cheering from everyone!! 

"Wow, I feel like watching a KDrama!!!" Heechul laughed, with cheering from everyone, and  continued "Aren't they a lovely couple??" and everyone agreed with nodding their head and clapping their hands. "Okay, okay, announcement done, so, let's start eating!!" and he gestured everyone to start taking the food and drinks. 

Kyuhyun was very charming and would always took food and drink for Sungmin, until Sungmin has to say "Kyu, I can take myself..." Sungmin said shyly. 

"But I want to..." he smile and sat beside Sungmin. "Want to bring halmeoni out for dinner this Friday? I want to get her advise about your parents and what would be the best way to seek their approval for your hand..."

"Don't tell me that you are nervous about meeting my parents?" Sungmin .

Kyuhyun laughed "A bit. I'm not sure if I pass their criteria for being your husband-to-be, so I hope to be on their good side if I know what they like. And the best person to advice is halmeoni, no, not you" Kyuhyun smile, shaking his head teasingly, when Sungmin wanted to say something, apparently wanted to tell him that she knew her parents very well!. 

Giggling cutely, Sungmin said "Alright, I will informed Halmeoni about this Friday's dinner" and they continued to eat and got teased a lot by Heechul and other staff because Kyuhyun seemed like couldn't get away from his beloved secretary! 

"So, halmeoni, what will be the best way to seek their blessing for Sungmin's hand?" Kyuhyun asked halmeoni after they had placed their orders. Halmeoni had suggested Gwangcheon Sanghoe for dinner and here they were, sitting confortably near the window. 

Halmeoni laughed "Hmm, let me see. My son is very strict. So you need to prepare sitting on your knees on the floor for at leat 3 hours in order to get his blessings..." 

Kyuhyun started to get worried "Seriously, he is so strict?" 

Sungmin tried very hard to hold her laughter. She knew her halmeoni was only teasing Kyuhyun but he is taking it so seriously! 

"Yes, that is if you are lucky. If you are not, he will let you sit on the floor for 5 hours straight, before he give his answer" halmeoni said with a straight face. 

Kyuhyun looks like he's losing confidence "But, halmeoni, after 5 hours, he will still give his blessings right?" 

At his worried face, halmeoni burst out laughing, and Sungmin couldn't hold back any longer and burst out laughing too!