Ep 5 - Halmeoni's house

Secretary Lee

Realising what he did, he slowly released Sungmin. "I'm sorry, I just felt sad that I make you cry... " Kyuhyun felt a bit awkward and wanted to kick himself. 

Sungmin smile "It's okay Mr Cho. Don't worry about it and I accepted your apology. And I actually prefers you to call me Sungmin, if that is okay with you"

"Yes, I like your name, and I will call you Sungmin from now on. I think it's better for a close working relationship and to break some barriers"

"But I will still call you Mr Cho, because you are my boss" Sungmin smile.

Kyuhyun is happy that she started smiling. Whatever, as long as you smile, he thought to himself. He nodded to Sungmin and at the same time, they felt some droplets of water. Both of them looked up and then looked at each other and laughed.

"Let's get back to the car!" Kyuhyun held her arm to gesture her to start walking. They ended up running and laughing because the rain started to be heavy. Just in time when they got into the car, it became a downpour.

Kyuhyun reached out to open a drawer at the passenger seat, to take out 2 face towels. He always put some clean ones in case he went to the gym and forgot his face towel. He passed one to Sungmin, who accepted it with sweet "thank you".

Sungmin is beautiful, and when she untied her hair to wipe it, Kyuhyun couldn't look anywhere else. So pretty, so beautiful! Ohmygod, why am I such a moron, Kyuhyun scolded himself!  

He switched on the heater so that Sungmin wouldn't feel cold. Once he has dried himself, he started his car and input the address for First Ebiga Restaurant in the GPS.

He tried not to look at Sungmin in case he lose concentration. They arrived at First Ebiga restaurant and was shown to their table, since he has made a reservation. First Ebiga is famous for their spicy seafood noodles, and the noodles were good, because it warmed up their body. Sungmin looked so radiant with her red lips due to the spicy noodles, and Kyuhyun has to stop his hand from reaching over to wipe her lips.

They reached National Archives around 3pm. National Archives of Korea  is an agency of  South Korean  government, in charge of preserving government-produced articles such as buildings, land area, and other records. It is headquartered in  Government Complex Daejeon  and has branches in  Busan  and  Seongnam, and an office in  Seoul.

After exchanging their passes, they went to the land area section. Kyuhyun was impressed that Sungmin knew how to search what he needed, and it was a great teamwork! Kyuhyun would select the lot that he wanted, informed Sungmin the lot number, and Sungmin would search and print out the actual land area. Once they had gathered what Kyuhyun needed for his redevelopment project, they made payments and their A2 size printouts were roll and stored in a black cylindrical container.

"Thank you, Sungmin, you are a great help!" Kyuhyun smile sincerely to Sungmin. 

Sungmin nodded, smiling. She loved the way her boss pronounced her name. Very y with his baritone voice. Oops, she felt like smacking herself for thinking in such a way. Work, she needed to concentrate on work. It's just work.

"It's coming to 6.00pm. Where do you stay, let me send you home" Kyuhyun said after they got into the car.

"But Mr Cho, we need to bring these prints back to office".

"I just leave them in the car, and bring to office tomorrow. What's your address?" Kyuhyun waited to key into his GPS, and turned to her.

Sungmin didn't want to trouble her boss, but at the same time, didn't want to be rude. She told him her address, but emphasise to him that he could drop her at any metro station entrance.

"I'm sending you home, ok, so don't argue" Kyuhyun smile and started driving.

Sungmin phone started vibrating and she took out her phone from her handbag. "Ohh, halmeoni. Yes, I'm going home now. Early? Errr, because Mr Cho and I went somewhere for office matters, and now he is sending me home" Sungmin turned to her boss and nodded when her boss mouthed "halmeoni calling?"

"Put her on speaker" Kyuhyun told Sungmin, who was surprised with what he just said. Kyuhyun gestured her to on the speaker. 

"Halmeoni, you are on speaker. Mr Cho is here with me" 

"Annyeong, halmeoni. Do you remember me?" Kyuhyun asked with a teasing voice. 

"Mr Cho? Yes, Sungminnie told me you are the one whom we nearly hit the last time! I am so happy that you are Sungminnie's boss!"

"I'm happy too that she's my new secretary! How are you, halmeoni?" 

"I'm fine, thank you, Mr Cho. Please come to our house later when you send Sungminnie home. I cooked dinner and bake sponge cake"

"It's okay halmeoni, I don't want to impose on you" 

"No, no, the food is more than enough for the 3 of us. Please drop by later, Mr Cho" 

Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin who was praying hard that her boss would decline halmeoni's invitation. She smile at him and shrugged her shoulder. 

"Okay halmeoni, Sungmin has no strong objections, so I will drop by your house later" Kyuhyun chuckled and glance at Sungmin, who closed . 

"Great!! See you later Mr Cho" halmeoni said happily. 

"See you later halmeoni" Kyuhyun said and smile at his shy secretary. Sungmin off her phone and kept it back in her bag. 

She remained quiet for the rest of the journey. When the car turn into her block, she pointed their house to Kyuhyun "It's the one in blue, Mr Cho". 

Halmeoni stayed in 'My House Daejeon' estate, a terrace houses located in the Yuseong-gu area of Daejeon. After her husband passed away, she stayed alone, and Sungmin's father hired a cleaner to clean the house so that halmeoni would not feel too tired. And now that Sungmin is staying with her, Sungmin is the one cleaning the house and took care of the garden. 

"Nice house!" Kyuhyun said after parking his car. He got out and went over to open the door for Sungmin. 

"Thank you, Mr Cho" 

"Sungmin, if you are not comfortable for me to drop by, it's okay, I can leave" Kyuhyun said, pretending to turn around to walk back. 

Sungmin quickly caught his hand "No, no, Mr Cho, please, come in" Sungmin said, still holding her boss' hand. 

Kyuhyun chuckled and nodded, glancing at their hands. Sungmin let go of his hand and smile shyly, saying "sorry" softly. 

"Mr Cho!! Welcome to our home!! Sungminnie, what are you waiting there, come, bring Mr Cho in!!" halmeoni called from the door. 

"Good evening, halmeoni! You look very radiant!" Kyuhyun bowed respectfully. 

"Of course, because we have a handsome visitor!" halmeoni smile happily. "Come, dinner is ready. Sungminnie, bring him to our dining table" halmeoni gestured to Sungmin. 

"Wow, nice and cozy home!" Kyuhyun said while looking around. 

"Yeah, I like it here, very neat and cozy. Back home, too many glassware because my mother loves them" Sungmin said while showing the way to their dining room. "Are you from Seoul, Mr Cho?" 

"Yes, my parents and sister are there. I stayed here eversince I started working. During my final year in the University , I had my internship here in Daejeon, and I like it here, so after graduation, though I was offered a position in the Seoul office, I chose to be here because I really like it here"  Kyuhyun smile. 

Sungmin started scooping rice into a bowl and place it in front of Kyuhyun. "Everytime I visited halmeoni, I always told my mum that I want to stay here with halmeoni, and mum always teased me that I should find a job here then. And I really did!" Sungmin smile too. She scoop a bowl for halmeoni and for herself. 

Halmeoni brought in the cake, freshly bake, and smell so nice. She scoop some saba fish, scallop soup and omelette onto Kyuhyun's bowl and gestured him to eat. It was delicious and Kyuhyun was happy to eat a home cook meal. 

They talked for a while and later on, Kyuhyun kept praising the cake, because not only it was fresh, it was very spongy and not too sweet. 

It was late, so Kyuhyun declined tea and told them that he better get going. "Halmeoni and Sungmin, thank you for the delicious dinner and dessert. It's been a long time since I had homemade food. Thank you again" and Kyuhyun bowed to halmeoni. 

"It's our pleasure, Mr Cho. Why don't you come over again this Saturday, it's my birthday and Sungmin said she will bake for me a chocolate mousse cake and apple pie!" halmeoni turned to Sungmin to . 

"Halmeoni...., Mr Cho surely has other plans since it's a weekend, don't disturb him..." Sungmin said shyly, while pulling her grandma's arm. 

"Thank you for the invitation, halmeoni, I'll be here this Saturday afternoon. I can't wait to try Sungmin's cake!" Kyuhyun said teasingly, and Sungmin covered her face with her hands! Her face must be red by now...