Ep 17 - Retreat

Secretary Lee

 

LOTTE City Hotel Daejeon is a 18-story hotel located in front of the Daejeon Convention Cente, in Daejeon, the Silicon Valley of South Korea. They have a few banquet halls which were suitable for wedding events and they offered free parking for guests as well as free wifi. 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin was checking out the largest banquet hall with Mr Song, one of the hotel's public affairs supervisor. This was the 3rd hotel they visited, and so far, they like it here. Mr Song explained to them that their wedding event package include a honeymoon suite for the wedding couple, and complimentary 2 junior suites for the parents. And for other family members and guests, they can negotiate for a discounted price if Kyuhyun signed up with them. 

Kyuhyun asked him to give them 5 minutes to discuss. He led Sungmin to the window area "Min, though I like it here, but shall we discuss with our families first?" 

"Yes, okay. I do like this place too. I find the package is reasonable and it covers a lot of things. Do you think it's okay to see the honeymoon suite if it's available?" 

"Good idea!! Okay I will ask him" and luck was on their side because the suite was available. It was on the top floor, and Sungmin was starstruck when they entered the suite. It was so beautiful, with a sofa set and small dining table, a the river view was fantastic! 

"Ohhh, the bedroom! Ohmygod it's so beautiful!!" Sungmin closed . 

"Can't wait till we get married, right??!!!" Kyuhyun . He hugged her from behind briefly because Mr Song was answering a phone call and kissed her temple before letting her go. Sungmin giggled and playfully punched him. They explored the beautiful bathroom and the wardrobe too. All in all, it was really satisfying! 

They informed Mr Song that they would contact him by next Saturday after discussing with their families. Mr Song gave Kyuhyun his name card and a copy of the wedding package. They bowed at him and left. 

"Kyu, for wedding gowns, I want to consult the girls in the office first, for recommendations. So maybe we go another day?" 

"Ok... , or we can also go to Seoul, if you want. I'm ok with anything" Kyuhyun smile, holding her hand. It feels good now that they have set their wedding date and started to prepare for their big day. 

That night, both Kyuhyun and Sungmin called their family to inform them about the wedding date, the hotel, whether they are okay with it. When Kyuhyun called his family, Ahra was squealing in delight as her little brat brother was finally getting married! For Sungmin, when she video called her father, halmeoni told them that it was a good date and a good month, so everybody has no objections! 

Their office, SM Architects, would be having a retreat in Busan, and everybody would be leaving on Wednesday morning and back to Daejeon on Friday evening. Heechul had hired a coach, and he told everyone to take the coach and not to drive. They would be staying in Best Western Haeundae Hotel, which was overlooking and a walking distance to Haeundae Beach.  

On Monday, Ryeowook had sent out an email to inform them on the plan and schedule, and the coach would pick them up from their office. She did all the bookings, plus meal arrangements, and got Sungmin to help plan the coach seating arrangements and also hotel sleeping arrangements. Tiffany would be planning the games and retreat session for the architects and Yoon-Ah took care of all the expenses. 

Sungmin was in Kyuhyun's room to confirm about a meeting when she remembered to ask him about his coach seating arrangement. "Kyu, is it okay if I put you to sit with Mr Kim on the coach?" 

Kyuhyun looked at her "Why am I not seated with you?" 

"Ermmm, I mean you and him are our bosses, so...."

"I want to sit with you" 

"I donno who to put him with..." 

"Hmm, maybe put Shindong with him? And I want to sit with you" Kyuhyun stubbornly said. 

"Okayy" Sungmin smile. "But the hotel room arrangement, I can't stay with you of course... "

Kyuhyun sighed "Yeah, I know... So who are you staying with...?" 

"With Ryeowook. And Tiffany will stay with Yoon-Ah" 

"We should get married earlier so that we can stay together in Busan's hotel" Kyuhyun said, teasing her. 

Sungmin giggled. "So, can I put you with Mr Shim?" 

"How I wished that I can stay with you..." 

"Kyu, be serious!" 

"Okayy okayy, I'll stay with Chwang..!" 

"Okay, great, it's settled then!" Sungmin smile and got up. 

"Where are you going? I haven't finish..." 

"Ohh, I'm sorry Kyu" Sungmin turned back, and wanted to sit down to take notes. But Kyuhyun got up and went to her and stopped her from sitting down. 

"I need to recharge my battery" and wrapped one arm around her waist and gently pulled her, and the other arm holding her face and kissed her tenderly. 

Sungmin knew that it's useless for her to say that somebody might walk in because her boss wouldn't care anyway. 

"Mmmmmm.... I feel better now..." Kyuhyun said, smiling gorgeously at her, making her shy and playfully beat his chest. "Okay Miss Lee, you are allowed to go now.." 

Sungmin giggled and covered her lips with her notebook and bowed slightly and walked out. 

Kyuhyun chuckled at her cuteness. She was really his energy booster. He wished that September would come sooner, so that she could finally be his forever. 

On Tuesday night, Sungmin was packing her overnight bag when halmeoni walked in to her bedroom. "Take care in Busan, Sungminnie" 

"Halmeoni, don't worry, Kyu is there too"

"Yes, but when he's not with you, you have to take care of yourself. Don't go around alone because you are bad with directions" 

"I promise you I won't go anywhere alone, halmeoni. I will go with my office colleagues. You must take care too halmeoni, coz I will only be back on Friday evening" 

"You don't worry about me, as usual I will lunch with my friends. Oh yes, Sungminnie, if you happen to see anywhere selling pottery tea sets, can you buy a set? Only if you happen to see okay, if not, it's okay, you don't have to search for it" 

"Ohhh yes, I heard from my colleague, Tiffany, that pottery tea sets are popular in Busan, but yes, if I happen to see, I will get a set for you!" 

"And you should always tell Kyu where you are going, if you are not going with him" 

"Yes, halmeoni, I will" Sungmin smile happily at her grandma. 

On Wednesday morning, everybody in SM Architect were excited to start their journey to Busan. Some of them joked that luckily their boss did not decided to take a train, else it might became a nightmare like the movie "Train to Busan". They laughed and got up the coach after putting their bags in the baggage compartment. 

Sungmin reminded them again who sit with who and was busy taking attendance. Kyuhyun sat in the inner seat first so that it's easier for Sungmin to get up to check attendance. 

Heechul got up the coach and saw that Kyuhyun was seated alone, so he sat next to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun looked at him with surprised. 

"Hyung, your seat is with Shindong, over there" Kyuhyun pointed to the front seat. 

"KimKyu, how could you, you are chasing me away?!!!" 

"I'm sitting with Sungmin" 

"Why can't I sit with you??" 

"Hyung, go away, I want Sungmin to sit here" and Kyuhyun pushed him away and sat in the outer seat. 

"You brat!!" Heechul playfully punched him and laughed, and got up. He knew that Kyuhyun would want to sit with his fiancee, so he was just teasing him! 

"Sungmin! You see this brat, he doesn't allow me to sit here!" Heechul called and complained to Sungmin who was walking back to her seat. 

Everybody laughed, including Sungmin, who said "Sorry boss" and then she asked him, "By the way boss, do you want to say a few words before we set off?" 

Heechul nodded and thanked Sungmin. He walked to his seat with Shindong and high-five with him, and put his newspaper there. Then he clapped his hand to get everyone's attention. 

"Good morning everyone!! I hope that it will be a smooth journey and we should reach Busan slightly after lunch. So, just relax and enjoy our retreat okay!" and Heechul showed his thumbs up and everybody clapped their hands and cheers loudly as the coach started moving. 

Sungmin sat in the inner seat next to the window.  Kyuhyun put his arm behind her shoulders and pulled her closer. She opened up her small carrier bag, and took out an aluminum wrap with french toast. 

"You fried that this morning?" Kyuhyun asked. The wonderful smell of the toast was enough to make him hungry. 

"Yeah, I kept some for halmeoni. I feed you?" Sungmin cleaned her fingers with a sanitiser and took a piece of toast and folded it and fed Kyuhyun. And whenever Sungmin feeds him, he would always try to bite her fingers, earning her cute giggles. 

Sungmin looked so pretty today. She put on a dark-pink long pants with a white long-sleeve teeshirt. She tied her hair into a ponytail, exposing her beautiful neck, which was making Kyuhyun crazy as he has to stop himself from wanting to kiss her neck. 

After they finished eating, Sungmin wiped her hands with a  sanitiser again, and tied all her trash into a plastic bag and zipped up her carrier bag. She leaned her head on Kyuhyun's inner shoulder and Kyuhyun kissed her temple. Kyuhyun felt so blissful holding her like this and having her leaning casually on him. 

Just like the rest, both of them fell asleep too, with their heads resting against each other. 

Suddenly one of the coach tyres punctured and the coach started swerving to the side of the highway...