Ep 14 - JealousKyu

Secretary Lee

 

It was Friday evening and Sungmin wanted to go to the supermarket. She looked up when Kyuhyun came back from meeting and was about to tell him, when his phone rang. He smile at her and answered his phone while walking into his room. 

"Haiz, how am I suppose to tell him that I need to go off? Halmeoni asked me to get some stuff. Hmmm....  Let me wait for him for a while more.." Sungmin said to herself. 

Changmin came over and said hi to Sungmin and walked into Kyuhyun's room.  

"Is there a problem? Why are they still discussing at this hour? But Kyu didn't say anything. Should I wait?" Sungmin was indecisive. She continued to update Kyuhyun's calender in her laptop and replied some emails. It was coming to 6.45pm and the two architects were still in discussions. "Maybe I just text him that i go off first" Sungmin thought. 

It was almost 7pm when the two architects were done with their discussion. 

"Thanks Chwang! I get back to you on Monday on the roof plan" Kyuhyun followed Changmin out from his room. Then he said "Sungmin, wait for me..." and he realised that he was talking to an empty chair. "Ohh she's gone home?" and Kyuhyun looked at his watch "Ohh it's 7..." and Kyuhyun felt guilty because he forgot the time! 

He packed and left, driving straight to halmeoni house. Along the road he was hoping to see Sungmin so that he could pick her up. He reached halmeoni house and when halmeoni opened the door, she was surprised that Kyuhyun was alone. 

"Ohh you didn't come here with Sungminnie?" 

"You mean, she's not home yet?" 

"Not yet. I asked her to go to the supermarket. I thought she go with you" 

"Supermarket?" and Kyuhyun became worried and took out his phone. Then he saw Sungmin's message! Dumb him, why didn't he checked his phone just now! "Sorry halmeoni, I was in a meeting and I didn't check my phone that she messaged me. I'll go to the supermarket now" he bowed and quickly walked back to his car. 

Halmeoni was about to say "call her first..." but Kyuhyun has turned and walked back to his car. She smile and shook her head "Young people nowadays.." and she walked in and closed her door. 

Kyuhyun entered the supermarket and checked every checkout counter, but he didn't see his girl. So he walked in and looked for her. 

Actually when Sungmin reached the supermarket earlier on, and started getting her stuff, her push cart accidentally hit another push cart at a corner. Both of the owners apologised and when she looked up, it was Kangin! 

"Kangin oppa! I'm sorry I hit your push cart!" 

"Sungminnie! How are you? Don't worry about it! I'm sorry too I didn't check before turning the corner" 

"I'm good oppa! Are you still working at the same place?" she pushed her cart closer to the food cabinet so that she didn't block the passageway. Kangin did the same. 

"Yes, but I'm not at the counter anymore. You finish getting your stuff? What to pay and we sat down for a while at the cafe?" he pointed to the adjoining cafe. 

"Ohh sure! I just need to get strawberry jam and I'm done! I see you at the cafe?" 

"Ok cool. I checkout first and get a table for us" 

"Alright, see you soon oppa!" and Sungmin waved and picked up the strawberry jam in another aisle. She pushed her cart to the checkout counter and paid for her groceries. As she walked towards the cafe, she already saw Kangin who also saw her and he waved at her. 

They had a good time catching up. Kangin told her that he needed to rushed off later to pick up his daughter from his ex-wife house as he has custody during the weekend, and when Sungmin was surprised that he has a daughter, he took out his phone and showed her his daughter's photos. 

It was when Kangin was showing Sungmin the photos and their heads were closed to each other and Sungmin was giggling, that the almighty Cho Kyuhyun saw them from the last supermarket aisle. 

"Seriously?? I was so worried about her and here she is, giggling with another guy!" Kyuhyun grumbled to himself. 

He walked towards the cafe. "Ohh it's that guy from the ticketing counter. Her ex-school mate. What was his name... Kang something..." Kyuhyun was saying to himself. "Hmmm they look so cosy..." his jealousy started to creep in. 

"Ok relax relax... Keep calm and stay handsome" Kyuhyun told himself. He walked nearer to them from the outside of the cafe fence. 

"Oppa, I think you better go. Don't let your little girl wait for you!" Sungmin laughed and started to pack up her own groceries.

"Sungmin..." Kyuhyun called her, managed to sound pleasant, after he took a deep breath.. quietly. 

Sungmin turned and said happily "Kyu!!!" and then she said to Kangin "Oppa, you remember Mr Cho? He came with me the other time to collect the tickets"

"Oh yes! Nice to see you again, Mr Cho!" he bowed and then turnef to Sungmin "Alright, Sungminnie, I go off okay?" and he took his groceries and waved at Sungmin and bowed at Kyuhyun. 

"Kyu! You finished your meeting? How did you know I'm here?" Sungmin asked happily, then she remembered something "Ohh did you call me?" and she grabbed her phone to check. 

"No I didn't. Come, give me your groceries, I send you home..." 

Sungmin passed over her groceries and walked over to Kyuhyun. However, Kyuhyun didn't wait for her and turned and started walking out towards the carpark. Sungmin caught up with him and held his hand. 

"You know Kyu, his daughter is so cute!!! I'm happy that he got custody to spend time with his daughter on weekends" Sungmin said happily. She got into Kyuhyun's car and looked at the back seat to see whether her groceries spilled or not. She put on her seat belt and smile at Kyuhyun as he entered his driver's seat. She wondered why Kyuhyun didn't smile back. Maybe his mind was still in the meeting. She hope that there were no big issues. 

Kyuhyun was quiet throughout the drive. Actually what was going through his mind was the scene where Sungmin was so cosy with Kangin. She was relaxed, giggled and genuinely happy. "But when she was with me, she's normally more guarded and polite. Why couldn't she be as relax as she was with that Kangin guy, when she's with me?" Kyuhyun kept asking himself. 

Sungmin became uneasy. "Kyu, what's wrong?" she got no answer from him. Then it dawn on her that he might be angry with her for leaving office without him. 

"Are you mad at me?" Sungmin tried asking again. "I'm sorry I left office first. I wanted to tell you but you were having meeting with Mr Shim. That's why I messaged you" 

"It's not because of that..." Kyuhyun said, without glancing at her. 

Sungmin became confused. Then, she the scene with Kangin-oppa came to her mind. "Ohmygod, is he jealous because she was sitting with Kangin-oppa?" 

By now, Kyuhyun had turned into the driveway to halmeoni house. He parked his car outside the house, and looked at Sungmin. "You looked so cosy with Kangin-ssi" 

"Kyu, I just happened to bump into him at the supermarket. So we just sat down for a while to catch up because he needed to rush off to pick up his daughter. We knew each other since high school, so we are like close friends" Sungmin explained to him. 

"I know, but do you have to be so close to him to look at his handphone? You giggled and laughed with him and didn't even see me..." Kyuhyun said, sulking. 

"He was just showing me his daughter's photos!" 

"He could have passed to you his handphone..." he said, still sulking. 

Sungmin was getting angry. What did she do wrong? "Kyu, there you go again, being jealous without even know the whole situation! There is nothing going on between me and him! We were just looking at his daughter's photos, that's all!" Sungmin grabbed her groceries bag from the back seat, unbuckled her seat belt, opened the car sidedoor, and stomped off into her house. 

Kyuhyun was stunned. Yes he was jealous! Who wouldn't be jealous if his beloved girl was giggling cosily with another guy??... "But ohh shucks, I promised her father that I will not make her cry again... "