Ep 22 - Diet

Secretary Lee

 

Once back home, Sungmin planned to start on fruits diet on Monday onwards, because of all the good food she ate at Busan. She felt like she had put on a few kilos! 

On Saturday morning, Sungmin prepared breakfast for herself and halmeoni. She couldn't stop talking about Busan to halmeoni, especially the park that she visited on her last day, whereby after the morning de-brief by Heechul, Kyuhyun and herself decided to visit Busan Tower at Yongdusan Park. 

At the base of Busan Tower at Yongdusan Park was a statue honoring Admiral Yi Sun-shin, overlooking the park and the sea. He was a revered naval commander for the Joseon dynasty during the late 16th century. This whole area was also the site filming of the drama The King's Eternal Monarch.

"So did you see the handsome actor, Lee Minho?" halmeoni .

"Ahhh halmeoni, of course not!" she laughed making halmeoni laughed too. 

Sungmin smile remembering their time at the park. It was a lovely place, very breezy as it was facing the sea, and they had a very lovely time, walking leisurely around hand-in-hand, just the two of them. Kyuhyun was right, it felt good that they finally have a chance to be on their own in Busan. 

"Oh by the way halmeoni, we've bought the tea set, but the seller sent the whole box to our office as there were several orders, so I will pass to you the tea set on Monday night okay" 

"No problem. You didn't get a set for yourself and Kyu?" halmeoni said while munching the french toast that Sungmin had prepared. 

"Yes, halmeoni, we got one set for ourselves too" 

"I bet it must be pink in colour" halmeoni again and laughed. It was good to have her granddaughter's company again. Her house was very quiet during the days when Sungmin was away in Busan. 

Sungmin laughed "You and Kyu really think alike. Kyu was the one coaxing me to get the pink set as I couldn't tear my eyes off it. He knew that I like it, so he said get both set!" 

Halmeoni laughed "He's not coming today?" 

"No. He and all the architects have a meet up session at our big boss' apartment to discuss to put all ideas into action plan. They all so poor thing, halmeoni. Back from retreat, still have to continue working" 

"Haiz, I guess that's why their company is making good money. They are hardworking and top notch architects" 

Sungmin nodded her head, agreeing with halmeoni. "And on Sunday, he has to drive to Seoul to attend his Uni friend's wedding, so he couldn't join us for Kangin oppa's wedding" 

"It's okay, the two of us can go ourselves in our Sen. Let's give Kangin money as his wedding gift. I think he might need it more than gifts" 

"I was thinking to give money too, halmeoni. I will give for both of us"

"No, I have my own money..."

"It's okay, halmeoni, don't worry about it. We'll go after breakfast tomorrow?"

"Yes, okay. I hope their marriage is for the better this round..."

"I hope so too. Kangin oppa really loves his daughter a lot. It's good that he and his ex-wife decided to get back together. It's for the best for the sake of their daughter".

Kangin's church wedding was simple, just close friends and families, yet very touching. His ex-wife walked down the aisle with their daughter in matching wedding gown, and when the priest announced them as man and wife, their little daughter cried and hugged both of them. It was tears of happiness for such a young kid which touches the hearts of all the adults, making everybody dabbed their watery eyes, feeling happy for the re-union of their small family. 

Kyuhyun missed Sungmin badly but he was still stuck in Seoul. After his friend's wedding, his other Uni classmates wanted to go for coffee, so they all adjourn to Starbucks. He texted her that he might only reached Daejeon around midnight, so he couldn't go over to see her.

"It's okay. You need to rest, Kyu. Let's just meet in the office, okay" Sungmin replied his text.

He texted back with a sad face and replied "Okay, but I will pick you up, so I'll see you at your house, my love" and sent another sad faces.

Sungmin smile receiving his text. She prayed that he would reach Daejeon safely and hope that he would have a good rest.

The whole Monday morning till almost lunch time, all the architects were in the conference room discussing on their new project. They only came out just before lunch, looking tired but in high spirit. Kyuhyun came back to his office smiling handsomely at her and detoured to her desk to give her a kiss. 

Sungmin brought lunch for Kyuhyun, and brought cut fruits for herself. "Let's have lunch in your office?" she told him.

"Okay" and after they went into his room, he said "Can I trouble you to make another mug of coffee for me?" he smile and passed his mug to her. 

"Sure, Mr Cho" Sungmin smile sweetly and took her mug as well.

He has 'recharged' his battery this morning when he picked her up. They hugged and kissed and hugged again in his car. Seeing her and hugging her was all that he need to boost his energy!

Sungmin came back and they settled down to eat. When Sungmin opened her lunch container and Kyuhyun saw her fruits, he asked her with a confused look "Where's your lunch?" 

"This is my lunch..." Sungmin said, pointing to her fruits. 

"What? Why?.." 

"I want to start a fruit diet. I felt like I've put on a few kilos in Busan!" 

"Are you kidding me? You are so skinny!" 

"No, I did put on weight..." 

"Oh yeah? Where?" 

"Ermmmm at my waist and bum..." 

"Let me see..." Kyuhyun stopped eating and got up and stepped towards her to . 

Sungmin laughed "Kyu... sit down and eat your lunch..." 

"I want to gauge myself.." he threatened to pull her up to 'feel' her waist and bum. 

Sungmin laughingly dorged him and pushed his hands away. Kyuhyun laughed and returned to his seat. 

They resumed eating "Seriously Min, you are very slim. I don't want you to go on a diet"

"Why, fruits are healthy..." 

"Yes, but not enough"

"I will still eat sandwiches for dinner" 

"No rice???" 

"Just for 2 weeks..." 

"No, I don't allow it...." Kyuhyun told her, and when Sungmin looked down sadly, he sighed and said "Okay okay, only for 1 week. And this coming Saturday we go for a jog, and on Sunday, we go for a brisk walk. Exercise is better, don't just eat fruits!" 

Sungmin smile and nodded "Okayyyy" 

"Later at 4pm, if you are hungry, let me know, I get buns for you" 

"No need, I brought an apple" 

Kyuhyun sighed. His girl is very determined if she decided to do something. "Okay then.." 

Sungmin smile although she knew that Kyuhyun wasn't happy with her decision to go on diet. But seriously, she felt that she did put on weight! 

So, on Saturday, Kyuhyun came over at 7am in jogging attire and after waving at halmeoni, they started to walk towards the pathment, stretching along the way to ease their muscle and joints. Sungmin looked so cute in her light pink jogging attire, and her small towel was also pink and she tied up her hair with a pink hair band. 

They started jogging and Kyuhyun kept his pace to match with Sungmin and he stayed on the outer side, letting Sungmin jog on the inner side of the pathment. It was a cool morning and only a few people were seen jogging and brisk walking. 

"You really ate sandwiches every night?" Kyuhyun asked her dear fiancé.

"Yes, but I do feel hungry when I woke up around 3am" Sungmin chuckled cutely.

"This coming week, you just eat as per normal but maybe lesser portion. And yes, tea break you can munch an apple"

"So you agree that my waist and bum are bigger?"

"Hmmm I couldn't tell actually. I need to feel it more, in order to gauge accurately" and he purposely went behind Sungmin to check her bum.

"Kyu! What are you doing?!!"

"Checking your bum... "

Sungmin turned around and glared playfully at him "Stop it..." and she laughed. 

"I need to ascertain that it's true..." he laughed. 

Sungmin playfully beat him, but then when she stepped backwards, the path was uneven and she nearly fell backwards. Kyuhyun was quick to grab her hand to steady her.

"Min!!" and he held her body to steady her. "Are you okay?" he asked with concern, and looked down to see what was causing her near-fall. The path was worn out and cracked, so it became very uneven.

Sungmin touched her chest to calm herself. "Thanks Kyu. For a minute I thought I was falling backwards!"

He pulled her into his arms and soothe her back. Had she fell backwards, her head might hit the stone pathment. He breathe a sigh of relieved "Let's just do brisk walking..."

The walked and eventually reached a small park with an exercise area, where two guys were doing sone stretching. Kyuhyun led Sungmin to walk around the park but while walking, Kyuhyun noticed that the two guys kept looking at Sungmin with interest. 

Kyuhyun put his arm around Sungmin's waist and kept walking. "I still can't feel that you have put on weight! You ladies, always so worried about putting on weights..." 

"Of course. If I'm fat, you will look at other woman"

"First of all, you WILL put on weight when you get pregnant. So no point to desperately trying loose weight now, before our wedding. Secondly, I only want you, and I don't want any other woman" Kyuhyun pinched her nose. 

"When should we plan to start a family?" Sungmin asked him. 

"I want it to happen naturally. I really don't mind when, but the earlier the better" Kyuhyun smile at her and reached for her hand. 

"I heard during the 1st trimester, the pregnancy is not smooth-sailing. So I might be on medical leave on and off. You might not have a secretary then. 

"I can work from home. I want to take care of you" Kyuhyun squeezed her hand. 

"I can take care of myself, Kyu.." 

"I want to go through the pregnancy journey with you and I want to be with you all the time" 

"You still have to work..." 

"Yes, but once we get married, my priority will be you".

Sungmin smile at Kyuhyun. Such a lovely and dear husband. 

"And no dieting once we are married!" 

"Yes, Mr Cho..." 

And they both laughed, and slowly made their way back to halmeoni's house.