Ep 16 Necktie

Secretary Lee

 

"Alright, so, we stay with halmeoni from Friday night to Sunday night, and stay here during the weekdays? Is this okay with you?"

Sungmin knew that Kyuhyun was being considerate and had her concerned in mind.

Sungmin nodded her head and smile "Yes, thank you"

"And if I'm away on business trips which you didn't need to go with me, then you stay with halmeoni. I didn't want you to stay alone here"

"Ahhhh, Kyu, I'll be fine on my own..."

"No.... I'm not going to let you stay alone... and that's final" 

"Yes Mr Cho.."

And they laughed. Kyuhyun kissed and hugged her tightly. They ate lunch and Kyuhyun was nervous waiting for Sungmin's verdict on his cooking. Once she gave a thumbs up, he said "phew!" and they laughed and continued eating. 

After lunch, Kyuhyun brought her to Eunhaeng-dong, to walk around and did some shopping. Euneungjeongi Culture Street in Eunhaeng-dong in downtown Daejeon is the fashion epicenter of Daejeon and is comparable to the famed Myeongdong shopping district in Seoul. Packed with plenty of things to see, eat, and enjoy, the street is bursting with the lively vigor of the street’s young shoppers

Kyuhyun bought a pair of shoes for Sungmin after he saw that she was looking at it with interest, and at another shop, he bought her a Cross body handbag so that next time, her hands would be free for him to hold!. 

Sungmin dragged him to a shop and bought him a necktie. It was dark purple with cute small pink-outlined stars and Sungmin loved it a lot. For Sungmin's sake, he told her that he would put it on next week! It was a nice purple, just that he didn't really fancy those pink stars.... but well... since his lovely fiance bought it, so....

Surprisingly, Heechul love it a lot. They were all having a morning discussion in Heechul's office on Monday, and when everybody was dismissed, Heechul stopped Kyuhyun from leaving. "KimKyu!! Nice tie! Where did you get it??" 

"Sungmin bought this for me, so I hope that you are not jealous.." 

"Show off!!!! Yeah yeah now that you have a fiancee.... so where did she got it? It's really nice!" 

"I won't say it because I don't want you to have the same one as mine. It's very special to me..." 

"Tsk.. Brat! Get out of here..." Heechul shoo him off. Then he called Ryeowook "Wook! Come here!" 

"Yes boss?" 

"Are you lunching with Sungmin later?" 

"Hmmm, maybe, we haven't make plans. Why?" 

"Ask her where did she buy the purple necktie for that brat.." 

"Why didn't you ask Mr Cho just now..?" 

"I did, but that brat refused to tell me! He said he didn't want me to buy the same tie as his, coz his was bought by Sungmin! Such a brat!" 

"Ohh ok. Yeah I saw Mr Cho wore it and the purple and the stars are nice! Something different since he only put on dark colours tie" 

"So, you ask Sungmin later ok. Don't say that I wanted to know. Just ask her casually..." 

"Okay boss.." 

"That's my girl. Ok can you call Donghae in?" 

"Yup, ok" 

So during lunch, both Ryeowook and Tifanny were complementing and teasing Sungmin about her new shoes, and she told them that she liked the design and when she tried it on, it feels so comfortable, so Kyuhyun bought it for her and it was from Eunhaeng-dong. Ryeowook then recalled about her boss question. 

"Sungminnie, Kyuhyun was wearing a new tie today. Something different and he looks really good. Was the tie from you?" Ryeowook asked. 

"Ohh you noticed? Yeah, I bought it but I didn't expect him to put it on so soon! I was surprised this morning too!" 

"Oh wow, so you two went for a date at Eunhaeng-dong! So romantic!!" now Ryeowook got her answers, but she still didn't know the exact store. "Hmm, it's okay, I go check it out in Google!" she said to herself. 

"Just shopping and walking around. You know he's always busy so last Saturday he surprised me by cooking lunch himself and invited me over. After lunch then we went out" 

"Kyuhyun can cook??? Wow!!!" Tiffany said with surprise! "How was his cooking? Honest opinion, and you can tell us! We won't tell him!" Tifanny said making both Ryeowook and Sungmin laughed. 

"Well, it was bland..." and the three of them laughed "but it was overall alright. At least he make the effort, and he even learn how to fry tempura!" 

Ryeowook showed her thumbs up. She observed that Kyuhyun really changed a lot after Sungmin came into his life. Even her boss Heechul mentioned the same! 

The project led by Kyuhyun has started and he was always away in meetings, together with Changmin. Sometimes Sungmin only see her boss in the morning when he fetched her, and before she left home because he always make it a point to come out from his meeting to kiss her if he couldn't send her home. 

During her dinner with halmeoni on Friday, halmeoni asked Sungmin "Have you and Kyu decide on your wedding date?" 

Sungmin looked up "Not yet halmeoni. Kyuhyun is very busy with his project now and I hardly see him too, except when he fetched me in the morning. I will discuss with him when I have the chance". 

"Aishhh, no hurry, I was just asking. Anyway, November is a good month if you two want to tie the knot".

"It's a bit too near, but I will still ask him" Sungmin said, and added "Halmeoni.... actually, he asked me to stay at his apartment after our marriage, but knowing that I prefer to stay here with you, he said that we can stay here on weekends, if that's okay with you.." 

"My dearest Sungminnie, don't think of me, you should think of your marriage first, whatever that can make your husband happy. I'm always out with my friends during the weekdays anyway, so don't mind about me. Well, yes, of course I'm happy if you two want to stay here during the weekends, but in case he changes his mind, don't insist, okay"

Sungmin looked down sadly. 

"Sungminnie.... a wife need to compromise and listen to her husband. I know Kyuhyun is good hearted and he will always make you happy. But it is your responsibility too to make him happy" 

"I understand, halmeoni" 

The doorbell rang and halmeoni looked at Sungmin "Talking about the devil hahaha" 

Sungmin laughed too! She got up and quickly walked to the door. Kyuhyun looked tired but was smiling happily when he saw her. 

"Heyyy" and he pulled her into his arms. "I miss this a lot" Kyuhyun said, referring to the hug. 

"You look tired. Meeting just ended?" and when he nodded, she said "Come in..." and she pulled his hand. 

"Annyeong halmeoni. Sorry I'm late.." 

"It's okay, Sungminnie told me you are very busy with your project..." 

Kyuhyun washed his hands and joined halmeoni at the dining table. Sungmin took a bowl of rice for him and poured him a glass of water. 

While Kyuhyun was eating, halmeoni asked him "I asked Sungmin just now whether you two has decided on your wedding date..." 

Kyuhyun looked up, glanced at Sungmin, and smile at halmeoni "I was thinking in November, but I haven't discuss this with Sungmin yet" 

"Kyu, that was the same thing that halmeoni suggested. November!" Sungmin was surprised. 

"Really?!! Wow halmeoni, we think alike!!" Kyuhyun laughed and initiated a high-five with halmeoni, who accepted it and laughed too. 

"Which date do you prefer?" halmeoni asked Kyuhyun. 

"Saturday, November 7th" Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin. 

"Kyu, isit too near? It's 3 months from now and we haven't book anything. 

"If I have my way, I want to marry you tomorrow..." and he laughed, making halmeoni laughed too. 

Sungmin was shy and playfully punched Kyuhyun. 

"Daejeon is not as bad as Seoul, so 3 months is still okay. We'll go to bridal showroom tomorrow? We can check hotels venue too". Sungmin nodded and smile happily. 

Kyuhyun felt that all his tiredness disappeared after he saw Sungmin. He was out in meetings with various authorities to get the project going and not seeing Sungmin the whole day made his battery weak! And the minute he reached office, he has to update Heechul, so he spent less and less time with Sungmin. 

Talking about Heechul, Kyuhyun told Sungmin later when they were having tea, what happened just now during his update session with Heechul. 

Kyuhyun noticed that Heechul put on the same tie as the one that Sungmin bought for him! The only difference was instead of pink-outlined stars, Heechul one was pink-outline clouds. "Hyung, you bought the same one as mine! How could you!" 

"It's not the same! And I told you I like it a lot! And you brat didn't want to tell me the exact shop, so I have to look around myself!" 

"Take it off...!" Kyuhyun threatened to remove it. 

"No! Don't you dare come near me!" Heechul started moving his chair backwards. 

"Hyung, take it off..!" 

"KimKyu you brat! What's wrong with having the same tie colour!" and he stood up and kept moving because Kyuhyun was coming towards him. 

"You have so many ties, why do you have to get the same one as mine!" 

"Stopped, don't touch my tie..!!" Heechul was practically screaming.

"Ohmygod, Kyu, so what happened in the end?" Sungmin wanted to know when Kyuhyun stopped to sip his tea. 

"I removed his tie hahaha, and left him sitting on the floor" Kyuhyun laughed out loud, recalling how Heechul ended up on the floor, after being cornered by him! "And as I left his room, he kept shouting 'Brat!!'  hahaha..." Kyuhyun laughed and Sungmin just shook her head seeing her two bosses being childish with each other over a tie...!