Ep 3 - The ex-senior

Secretary Lee

Seeing how ambarrasedly cute Sungmin was, Kyuhyun just wanted to burst out laughing. But he controlled himself and said "It's okay, don't worry about it" he smile, controlling his laughter. Sungmin was somehow different from his previous 6 secretaries. The others always made him angry and annoyed. But Sungmin....  so interesting to get to know her! 

"Ok let's start" Kyuhyun said after sipping more of his coffee to calm himself down. "There's an architect conference in Jeju this Wednesday, so I need you to book my flight from Daejeon to Jeju, and airport transfer to the hotel. I'll give you the hotel name and conference details later. I'll be there till Sunday. 

"Then, for Project Sky Garden, get Donghae to submit the drawings after Heechul gives his ok" Kyuhyun glanced up at Sungmin to check whether she was following. "And pass this drawing to Shindong, i've made my amendments so he can just update directly in the drawing" Kyuhyun passed a roll of drawing to her.  "I want you to install Autocad in your laptop, so that you can help me do minor amendments as and when I needed it". 

"Mr Cho, where do I get the Autocad software?" 

"Ermmm, ask Donghae, I think he saved a copy in our shared drive". 

"I see, ok". 

"While I'm in Jeju, I might need to text you to arrange for meetings. Can I have your handphone number?" Kyuhyun asked with a straight voice, while passing his phone to Sungmin. Truth is, he actually just wanted to have her number! Sungmin took his phone with a serious look, saved her number inside her boss's phone and send a missed call to her own phone. 

"Arranged for these drawings for printing. Get the printer contact from Donghae" Kyuhyun passed her a thumb drive. 

"What is the filename?" Sungmin asked, while accepting the thumb drive. 

Kyuhyun turned to his laptop and checked, and said "HomePlus.dwg, in the 'HP head office folder'" 

"Okay, will do, Mr Cho".

"On next Monday when I'm back, you need to follow me to National Archive, as I need to retrieve some old area maps to design a redevelopment project. Just make yourself free ok" Kyuhyun seat back on his seat, "Did you get all that?" 

"Err yes, Mr Cho" she looked at what she has written. "So for the flight to Jeju, do you have any preference for a particular flight?" 

"Just book Jeju Air, and charged it to company's card. Get the card details from Ryeowook" he bend down to take a paper from his haversack. "Here is the convention details, hotel name and dates. So you book my flight for Tuesday night and returning on Sunday afternoon. I will go straight from office for tomorrow night's flight" Kyuhyun told her. 

"Ok, I will book your flight now. Anything else, Mr Cho?" 

"Do you have plans for lunch today?" 

"I... actually cooked fried rice this morning, so I brought it for lunch today". 

Wow, she can cook! Kyuhyun praised her mentally. "Ok then, I will do a welcome lunch for you tomorrow? So don't bring something for lunch tomorrow ok" 

Sungmin smile because her boss was thinking of a welcome lunch for her. Mr Cho is such a nice boss! She must tell her grandma!! "Thank you, Mr Cho" she got up, nodded and bowed slightly, and walked out to her desk. 

After getting the company card's details from Ryeowook, Sungmin proceed doing the bookings for Jeju. There were a few timings after 7pm, and she was pondering which one was suitable for Mr Cho. If she book the 7.25pm flight, that means he has to leave office at 6pm sharp. She checked his meeting schedules in case there were any meetings in the evening. 

"Any problems with the flight booking?" suddenly Kyuhyun voice was in front of her! He handed over his passport to Sungmin. 

"Ermm, Mr Cho, there are a few night flight after 7pm, so I'm not sure which one suit you best." 

"Let me see" Kyuhyun walked over to her seat and bend down to see her screen. Again, Sungmin could smell his perfume as he was practically over her, looking at her screen! 

"Take the 7.35pm flight. I'm having discussion with Heechul at 5pm, so if it finishes after 6pm, I still have time to rush to the airport. For Sunday, take the 3.45pm flight home" Kyuhyun said while straightening his body. 

"Alright. I can book a cab too, tomorrow at 6.15pm? For you to go to the airport" Sungmin looked up at him for confirmation. Her boss face was practically above her! 

"That will be good. Thanks" Kyuhyun walked away and smile at her. "Can you collect the flight tickets? I think Jeju Air has a branch about 2 blocks from here". 

"Sure, Mr Cho" Sungmin said, already started to select the flights.  Mindful that her boss has long legs, she selected front row seat in the middle section, so that he would not feel cramp. She took his passport to input his details, and oh my, he looked so handsome even in passport photo!!! Her boss is indeed very handsome, and tall. She could still smell his perfume lingering around her. Oh well, she needed to stay focus and she shouldn't be thinking about her boss. 

She went to the pantry to eat her lunch around 12.45pm, and she was thankful that it was deserted. She chided herself for bringing too much rice, so in case she couldn't finish, she scooped out half of it to a paper plate she found in a plastic wrapper in the utentils drawer. She would pour it back to her container after she had finished eating her portion. 

She was about to scoop a spoonful of her fried rice when somebody place an ice latte in front of her.

She looked up and was surprised that it was, Mr Cho! 

"Do you mind if I eat with you? And the ice latte is yours" Kyuhyun said, smiling. 

"Of course not, and thank you for the latte, Mr Cho" she said, slightly shy, and noticed that he also has another drink, an ice coffee for himself. "You only bought sandwich?" 

"Yeah, I just grab whatever available at Starbucks and ordered our drinks" he said casually. Sungmin noticed he said "our drinks", that means he already intended to buy her a drink! Wow, somehow she felt so happy. 

"Mr Cho, actually I brought too much rice, so I scooped out some of it. Would you like to eat this? I've already heat it up" Sungmin gestured to the plate of extra fried rice.

"Oh wow, really? Why did you bring so much?" 

"I cooked for both myself and halmeoni, but then she said she has a lunch appointment with her friends, so I packed all the rice". 

"Ok then, I don't mind eating what you cook" Kyuhyun smile happily. 

Sungmin smile back and gently pushed the plate of fried rice to her boss. She took a clean spoon from the dish rack and a serviette, and put them next to her boss. 

"I hope it taste ok. Please go ahead Mr Cho" Sungmin nodded and sat back at her seat. She sipped her latte and started eating. 

"Mmmmm, this is delicious. Not too oily and not too dry. And not many vegetables" Kyuhyun chuckled and gestured a thumbs up sign. 

"You don't like vegetables? Anyway I only threw in brocoli, eggs, hotdog slices and fish ball".

"I don't mind broccoli, but not other vegetables. This is really nice, Ms Lee. You must be a good cook?" 

"Not really, but yes, I love to cook. And I like to bake too. If I bake something, I'll give you to try" Sungmin smile. In fact, last night she was looking through her grandma cupboard to check whether she has baking utentials. Luckily she has, and there was a Moulenex mixer too, much to Sungmin's delight. 

"That would be nice!!" Kyuhyun smile happily. Wow, the more he got to know Sungmin, the more interesting she is!! So different from his previous secretary. They only know how to put make up and eat expensive food. 

"Mr Cho, I will go and collect your tickets after my lunch, so I will be back about 2.30pm".

"Why don't we go now? I send you" 

"Ahhh no no, no need Mr Cho. I can find the place myself".

"I insist. If you have finished washing, let's go" Kyuhyun stood up and finished his drink. 

"Ok, but can you give me 10 minutes? I just need to go to the ladies to freshen up and get ready". 

"No problem. I'll be at my desk, just let me know when you are ready. Bring along my passport and the email confirmation for the tickets" Kyuhyun said, walking out of the pantry. He too headed to the gents to freshen up! 

They were waiting at Jeju Air's reception for an officer to pass them the tickets. Sungmin's name was called to one of the counters. 

"Sungminnie?? Is that you??" suddenly the guy who was behind the counter, said excitedly. 

"Kangin oppa?" she said and they were both excited and did hand shake and kept asking each other how they were. 

Kyuhyun looked at both of them, and getting annoyed. How on earth did this guy know his secretary? 

"Ohh Oppa, this is my boss, Mr Cho Kyuhyun, and the air tickets are for him" Sungmin said, apologetically. "Mr Cho, this is my senior, Mr Kim Youngwoon, or we fondly called him Kangin Oppa. He thought us guitar during our high school and how to appreciate music" Sungmin introduced them. Kangin happily put out his hand, followed by Kyuhyun. 

"Here are the tickets. We should catch up, Sungminnie. Do you have a Daejeon's number?" 

"Yes oppa, halmeoni registered for me even before I arrived here. Here, I save it for you" Sungmin saved her number in Kangin's phone and then Kangin saved his number in Sungmin's phone. "Thank you, Oppa, we make a move first". 

"See you again Sungminnie!" Kangin waved at her, and bowed at Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun nodded and gestured for Sungmin towards the door. "How long did you two didn't meet?" he asked, because curiosity kills the cat. 

"Eversince high school and after he got married" Sungmin said, much to Kyuhyun relief. So, that guy is married. That's good! He was practically smiling in his mind. 

"But I heard he got divorced" Sungmin said, with a tinch of sadness. 

"" Kyuhyun said in his mind. Means this Kangin guy will try to capture Sungmin's heart?