Ep 1 - job offer

Secretary Lee

Lee Sungmin was happy when she was offered a secretary job after her 2nd interview with Mr Lee Soo Man at SM Architects Inc, Seoul. She was told to report to work at their Daejeon office and she happily accepted as she could stay with her grandmother in Daejeon.

Sungmin looked through her job acceptance letter and got to know that she would be serving one of SM top Architect, Mr Cho Kyuhyun. She smiled and mentally took note to search any news article of Mr Cho Kyuhyun, so that she knew the kind of boss that she would be serving. She imagined him to be elderly, and well respected, and has been in this line for very long.

Lee Sungmin graduated from a commercial business school after completing her high school, as her family could not afford a university education. She loves reading and researching articles on politics, technology and of course architectural advancement too.

Strangely, though there were a lot of articles on Mr Cho Kyuhyun's achievements and his award winning designs, there were no photos of him! There were no one-to-one interview on him and no up-close-and-personal articles in architectural magazines too. Mr Cho must be camera shy and don't like to be interviewed, Sungmin thought.

In SM Architect Daejeon office, Kyuhyun got a lecture from the Daejeon head, Mr Kim Heechul. "What's wrong with you KimKyu??!!! You fired your secretary faster than the Shinkansen! You think it is easy to get a good secretary??"

"She was very incompetent, hyung! She mixed up my meetings and ended up, I was late. And she gave me the wrong drawings!" Kyuhyun defended his actions.

"You were only 3 minutes late and that drawing was correct except that it was not the latest version. How on earth would she know that you had asked Donghae to update something? Did you tell her?"

"No, but her job is to check whether there was a latest version! I was so embarrassed with my client, he had received the latest version from my email, yet I had an older version" Kyuhyun said, still with an angry tone.

"Yeah yeah, because you are just too perfectionist! Jungsu wasn't even complaining, he told me so. And you two made a good progress on the final plan. So no problem!" Heechul said recalling his conversation with their client, Park Jungsu. He continued "So, why did you still fire Tiffany? I had to console her and assured my aunt that I will try to find her another job" Heechul breathed out  and started to pace around.

"She was really not good, hyung. Don't bring in anybody from your family line anymore, so that next time you won't be this upset" Kyuhyun folded his arms and leaned back. 

"What do you want me to do? How do I get a replacement so soon? If I didn't asked my aunt, you wouldn't get a replacement so soon after you fired Sunny!" Heechul practically raising his voice and glared at Kyuhyun. "Can you be a more reasonable boss to your secretaries? You need an assistant yet you fired them like nobody's business!"

"So I won't have a replacement?" Kyuhyun asked, now starting to worry if he has to do all his meeting arrangements himself. 

"Of course you will! Soo Man loves you too much!! You should be proud that you are one of his most favourite architects!" Heechul told him. Though he was annoyed that Kyuhyun had fired his own cousin, he knew that Kyuhyun was a perfectionist and he is such a brilliant architect, and even Heechul himself was very impressed by Kyuhyun's ideas. 

Seating down again at his leather seat, he continued "Head Office had already secure somebody for you" Heechul said, passing a file to Kyuhyun. He leaned back and observed his favourite dongsaeng.  Kyuhyun, though a difficult person to please when it comes to work matters, but he would always respect and listen to his elders, especially he himself, Heechul. That's why Kyuhyun would always be his favourite dongsaeng.

"Hyung, she only has 5 years experience. And so far only a year in designing company. I don't think this girl is suitable. Look at her, hyung, pink from top to bottom. So girlish!" Kyuhyun threw the file onto Heechul's desk.

"Well, big boss thinks that she's suitable. And this Lee Sungmin is especially selected by our big boss, so there must be something special  about her. Anyway, she has been offered the job and she has agreed and signed it. She will be your secretary starting 13th of July, whether you like it it not" Heechul told him, in a-matter-of-fact tone.

"Ok, let's see how long she last!" Kyuhyun said with a resigned tone and got up.

"Ya, don't fire her within the month again! Try to be a good boss! Are you listening KimKyu?!!" Heechul said to the retreating figure who didn't even looked back or answer him!

Shaking his head, Heechul took the file again and look at the applicant, Lee Sungmin's photo. She's a decent girl and looks intelligent. Actually, come to think of it, this girl really suits Kyuhyun. He didn't know why he have this thought, but he couldn't help feeling that this girl would stay and would not get fired by Kyuhyun.

Let's just wait and see...