Ep 20 - Having fun!

Secretary Lee

 

At the big conference room where they held their retreat, the staff were grouped into 4 teams, with a mixture of architects, secretaries and other staff. Kyuhyun was not in the same team as Sungmin, so the brat was complaining non-stop, and Heechul has to explain to him that they go by numbering system, so it just so happened that Sungmin was standing next to Kyuhyun, so of course their numbers were different!

Kyuhyun was in Team 3 where Sungmin was in Team 4. She was very sporting and waved at Kyuhyun while walking away to join Team 4.

Ryeowook was also in Team 4 too, as well as Minho, Donghae and 2 other staff. They easily clicked together and appointed Minho as the captain, and went to one corner to plan their strategy. 

While walking, Minho turned to look at Kyuhyun and showed his tongue at him who looked jealously at him. 

1st item was fastest guessing of a list of items, which only 1 member could see the clue and acted it out so that the other team members could guess what was it. Sungmin volunteered to go first, so Minho gave some pointers on how to act so that the team members could easily guess each word.

Sungmin was so cute acting out the words when it was Team 4's turn, and she did it accurately and Team 4 clocked the fastest time against other teams. They did a group hug, with burning looks from one particular person.

One of the games required 2 team members to walk together from the start point where 1 team member will give them a ball and using their foreheads, to transport the ball to next 2 team members and then to drop the ball into a basket held by the 6th team member. Sungmin paired with Donghae and in order to balance the ball, Sungmin suggested they held on to each other's elbow, and coordinated their steps. Minho agreed and did the same with Ryeowook as they were paired together. 

Their strategy worked and while other teams kept dropping their balls, Team 4 never once dropped any of their balls and they were winning. At first Donghae didn't want to hold Sungmin tightly and closely, because he was scared that Mr Cho would get the wrong idea, but Sungmin held on to him closer and so for games sake, he did the same, and held Sungmin's elbow tightly and coordinated with Sungmin in everything step! 

Donghae really like Sungmin's attitude. She was very decisive, focus, positive, gave lots of ideas and always volunteering. This girl was really sporting and really a team player! Donghae praised her non-stop! Such a precious girl and Mr Cho was really lucky to have her! 

From the other side of the conference room, Kyuhyun was not happy that Sungmin held on to Donghae and that their faces were so near to each other due to ball on their foreheads. He reminded himself that this was part of their office games, and he trusted both Sungmin and Donghae, so... be cool about it!

Taking a deep breath, he looked away and concentrate on his team. He was paired with Heechul, and Heechul naughtily held Kyuhyun's waist! Kyuhyun shoved his hands away and started moving, making Heechul shouted "Wait for me, you brat! We need to hold on to each other!" 

"Put the ball on our temple and quick, start walking!" Kyuhyun practically pull Heechul along. Heechul put his hands on Kyuhyun's shoulder and Kyuhyun shoved his hands away again but luckily they managed to pass the ball to the next team members. 

Team 4 emerged winners with the most balls and once again, they did a group hug and patting each others shoulders. 

"I should be in their team" Heechul said, referring to Team 4.

"No, I should be in that team!" Kyuhyun argued back.

"My secretary is there!" Heechul argued back. 

"My secretary, fiancé, wife-to-be is there. I have more priority than you" Kyuhyun showed his tongue at his boss. 

"Okay okay next office retreat, we must plan that we must be in the same group together with Minho, Donghae, Ryeowook and Sungmin!" Heechul said nodding his head, smiling happily because he had come up with a perfect team members. 

They break for lunch and staff were encouraged to sit together so that they could plan for the next game, which was forming words. 

Kyuhyun became more annoyed as he couldn't sit with his girl, and ended up sitting next to his boss instead. He missed Sungmin a lot, eventhough she was there. The longing to touch her was so great especially everytime she smile at him or waved her hands at him, that he kept glancing at her until Heechul has to nudge him to concentrate in their own group discussion. 

Over coffee after their discussion, Kyuhyun ponders his own heart. Why did he become so possessive? Why did he always want Sungmin to be with him constantly? Maybe he was used to it? Because she was always there outside his office whenever he came back from meeting and he could see her as and when he want it. 

"Heyyy, why so quiet?" Heechul sat next to him. "It's office function, Kyu. He can't always want her to be with you" he said, sipping his coffee. 

"Frankly speaking hyung, I don't understand myself why am I so possessive. I need to learn to let go sometimes, and to share her with everybody else..."

"You are possessive because you love her so much. And possessive is not a bad thing because you want to protect her from anything. As long as your possessiveness will not make her feel suffocated, it is perfectly okay" Hee said, and continued, "Come on, cheer up! How about we both buy a bouquet of flowers since their team will surely win as overall winner? I buy for my secretary and you buy for your fiancé?" 

Kyuhyun looked at his boss with gratitude. He knew Heechul has always been kind to him and whenever he scold or , it was just to show that he cares. 

Kyuhyun smile "Okay let's go. I saw a florist at the adjoining shops at the other end of the lobby". 

Heechul laughed. He finished his coffee and told the other team members that they would be back before the next game starts. 

Sungmin happened to look up when Kyuhyun and Heechul walked out. She felt bad that she couldn't eat and sit with Kyuhyun and knew that he was quite unhappy about it. She felt her phone vibrated and checked her message. 

"Min, I go out with hyung for a while. Will be back before the next game starts. Love you" Kyuhyun wrote. 

She smile and quickly did a reply "Okay, love you too Kyu. So much!" and clicked sent. 

Kyuhyun felt like his heart just exploded.  He just wanted to run back to the conference room and hugged Sungmin. But.. ahem... he can't do that. He was now walking together next to Heechul, and walking towards the shops, and Heechul was asking him something!! "Ohmygod, I wasn't concentrating!" Kyuhyun panicked and asked him again what he was asking.

"You wasn't listening!"

"Sorry hyung, Sungmin replied my text and I lost concentration!"

Heechul shooked his head. "This fella is a gone case! So in love with his fiancé!" Heechul laughed to himself. He said out loud "I said, what kind of flowers does Sungmin like? For Ryeowook, I'm giving her as a boss to congratulate her for her win. But for you it's different..."

"She likes pink flowers. Previously I bought a combination of dark pink, light pink and rose-white rosses, with baby's breath" Kyuhyun smile at Heechul, remembering what his beloved Sungmin like.

"Do you know that you are so lucky to capture her heart?" Heechul said to him while walking in to the florist.

"Well, maybe it's fated and we suits each other. I like her since the car incident, hyung, and I only realised it during that business trip to Shanghai"

Heechul nodded with understanding and when they reached the florist, he said happily "Heyy look, they have ready made ones!" he pointed at some readily wrapped lovely bouquets. He called up to the saleslady  "Annyeong, are these ready ones available for us to buy? Or they have been ordered by people?"

"Yes sir, you can buy those" the saleslady said politely.

"Kyu, there's pink bouquet too. Take a look" Heechul pulled Kyuhyun to the ready-made section.

The pink bouquet has 3 sets each of dark pink roses, light pink roses, and coral roses, with lavender all around the 9 roses. The paper wrappers were in pink and lavender colours. Very beautiful and refreshing. "Yes, this is very beautiful. Just her kind of flowers!" Kyuhyun said, already imagining the happy look on Sungmin's beautiful face. 

"Told you! Okay, I think I'll get this!" Heechul took a pretty yellow sunflower with many small lilies and iris all around it. Kyuhyun nodded and agreed that it suited Ryeowook.

They paid for their flowers and Heechul asked for a plastic carrier so that they could 'smuggle' the flowers in to the conference room.

After the last game, Yoon-A announced the winners, which obviously was Team 4!!!  They did a group hug and walked to the front to receive their small trophy and vouchers. Each of the members received a 10,000Korean Won worth of vouchers and they stood together to bow in front of the other teams. Heechul signalled to Kyuhyun and both of them got up, each carried their flowers, and started walking towards where Team 4 stood. 

The guys whistled at them as they approached the two ladies in Team 4. Heechul gave his bouquet of flowers to Ryeowook, who closed with her hands due to surprise, while Kyuhyun gave his bouquet of flowers to... Donghae! 

Everybody laughed and Donghae burst out laughing, and Kyuhyun laughed too and stepped towards Sungmin to gave his bouquet of flowers to the rightful owner. She giggled cutely and when Kyuhyun hugged her, everybody cheered "Kiss kiss kiss..." 

Kyuhyun took her hand and kissed it, then Minho said "Kiss properly!!", making Sungmin became shy and shook her head. Smiling, Kyuhyun pulled her waist closer and with one hand on her face, he kissed her, with loud cheering from everybody. 

Later when everyone was back to their seats, Heechul gave a short speech "Did everyone has a good time??" and when everyone answered yes and clapped their hands, he continued "Okay the rest of the day is free and easy, then come back here for dinner and tomorrow is our outdoor activities. Alright, see you all for dinner!"

Kyuhyun walked to Sungmin "Want to get something for halmeoni?" 

Sungmin turned to him and smile happily "Yes I want! She said if we happen to see pottery tea set, to get it for her" 

He looked at his watch, it was 3.30pm now. "Okay I wait for you at 4pm at the lobby?" 

"Okay, see you Kyu" Sungmin nodded and smile. It should be enough time as she needed to help the other secretaries to clear the conference room. 

Kyuhyun kissed her forehead and waved at her before turning towards the door. 

"Heyy Kyu! Where are you and Sungmin going?" Heechul asked him at the lift lobby.  Minho, Shindong and Donghae were there too. 

"How you know that we are going out?" Kyuhyun asked. 

"Come-on! Of course I know!" 

"Sungmin's halmeoni asked if we can get her pottery tea set, if we happen to see" 

"Heyyy, I know where get that!" 

"You know?" Kyuhyun asked with surprise. 

"Yes, let's go to 'Meet Antique Items', it's at Jung-gu, Busan. We can take a train" Heechul said and looked at the rest, who nodded. 

"Errrr..." Kyuhyun was trying to think fast how to get himself out. 

"Let's go together, I'm sure Sungmin is okay"

"What is okay?" Sungmin asked smiling, walking together with Ryeowook, Tiffany and Yoon-A. 

"Sungmin!! I know where to get Pottery Tea Set!! So I told Kyuhyun we can all go together!!" Heechul said happily. 

"Ohh you want to get pottery tea set? I want also!!" Yoon-A said excitedly. 

"I also want! Let's go together!" Ryeowook said excitedly. 

Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin and raised his eyebrows. Sungmin smile and said "Yeah why not, let's all go together!!" 

"Yes! Actually the whole road have a lot of things, not just pottery. Okay, we go to our room and meet again at the lobby, 20 minutes time!" 

"Okayyyy" they all said happily. 

Sungmin glanced at Kyuhyun who gave her a sad look. So much for trying to spend time together...