Ep 18 - Busan

Secretary Lee

 

Kyuhyun woke up and was alarmed that the coach driver was trying hard to control the bus. He immediately wake Sungmin up, and then stood up to call Heechul.  By now everyone was aware what was going on and started panicking.

Heechul quickly said to everyone "Don't panic, don't panic, the coach is under control" and at the same time, the coach driver has safely drove to the side of the road and eventually stopped.

Shindong came down the coach to help the driver, and Kyuhyun and the rest of the guys came down too. They helped to put the hazards sign, regulate the traffic, and get the ladies safely down so that the driver could replace the tyre.

"You okay?" Kyuhyun asked Sungmin with concerned, when Sungmin came down from the coach.

"Yes, thank God that you woke up! Was it just 1 tyre?" Sungmin asked, looking at the back tyre.

"Seemed like it" Kyuhyun looked at the back tyre too. Then he noticed some of the ladies were talking and laughing and stepping into the 1st lane of the highway near the coach. "Min, can you get the ladies to stand nearer to the side of the road?"

"Ohhh okay" and Sungmin went to the group of ladies and informed them to move more towards the roadside.

Changmin was checking the direction on his phone when Kyuhyun joined him. "Where are we?" he asked Changmin. Heechul joined them too. 

"Ermm... we are near to Dongdaegu. I think once the tyre is replaced, we can stop to have a rest at Dongdaegu?" Changmin suggested. 

"Good idea. I think some of them were still in panic and need some refreshment, and toilet break too" Heechul said. 

Shindong and Donghae were still helping the coach driver. Kyuhyun took 3 bottles of mineral water from the coach and went over to pass to them. Shindong and Donghae thanked him, and passed the extra bottle to the coach driver. They managed to replace the tyre and together, they carried and kept the punctured tyre in the spare tyre compartment. 

Heechul walked over to find out what happened with the tyre and to discuss about the stopover with the driver, Shindong and Donghae. The driver explained to Heechul about the puncture, and also agreed to the stop over. He said it should only be about 15 minutes drive. 

"Okay everyone, the tyre has been replaced. Go back up and we'll do a stopover at Dongdaegu"  Heechul told everyone. 

Kyuhyun gestured for Sungmin to climb up to the coach first while he and Heechul make sure that they didn't leave anybody behind on the side road. 

They had a good break at a rest area in Dongdaegu. Everybody freshened up, and bought drinks and snacks. 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun that she would join Yoon-Ah, Tiffany and Ryeowook, and brought her drink there. Kyuhyun saw that that wasn't any snacks on their table, so he bought mini doughnuts, cupcakes, meringue and éclairs for them and put the tray in the middle of the table. 

"Wowwww thank you Mr Cho! Is it meant for Sungmin?" Tiffany . 

Kyuhyun laughed "She couldn't finish all that! For her and for you all too!" he bent down to kiss Sungmin's temple, and squeezed her shoulder before walking to Heechul's table. 

"Kyuhyun is 100% hopelessly in love with you, Sungminnie!!" Ryeowook friend. 

"Ahhh... Wook..." Sungmin giggled. 

"So when is the wedding?" Yoon-Ah asked excitedly. 

"November 7th" Sungmin answered shyly. "My grandmother agreed to this date too" 

"That's a few months away! Have you two decided on the wedding venue?" Tiffany asked, after checking her phone calendar. 

"We did visited a few hotels, but Kyu likes Lotte City Hotel Daejeon the most, so after we discussed with our families, we chose that, and he paid the deposit already. As for the wedding gown, I haven't decided yet. Thought of asking you all if you know any good boutiques"

"My sister use this boutique which is quite good, but I forget what's the name. I get it from my sister and forward to you next week?" Tiffany told Sungmin. 

"Yeah, sure, thanks" Sungmin said, and turned around when Kyuhyun called her. Ryeowook turned around too because Heechul called her. Heechul gestured for everyone to start moving back to the coach. 

When the coach finally exit the highway and the signboard showed Gimhae Airport International Terminal, everyone clapped their hands because they are in Busan territory. Less than an hour's time, they should reached Busan Station. Another coach would pick them up to bring them to their hotel. 

They reached Best Western Haeundae Hotel just before 1pm. After getting their overnight bags, Ryeowook and Sungmin became busy checking in and getting keys for everyone. 

When she passed the junior suite room key to Kyuhyun and Changmin, Kyuhyun nagged "Haiz, we should get married earlier, then we can stay together..." and looked sadly at Sungmin. Sungmin giggled and playfully punched him, making Changmin laughed too. 

"Are you implying that I will be a boring room mate?" Changmin chided Kyuhyun. 

"He's too much Chwang, don't listen to him..." Heechul interrupted. 

"Ahhh hyung... when you are in love...." Kyuhyun hugged himself.... 

Heechul nudged him. "Let's have wine tonight in my room?!" he suggested. His suite is the biggest and he will be staying alone. 

"Alright, on!!" both Kyuhyun and Changmin said together and they laughed. 

Conveniently located just 328 feet from the popular Haeundae Beach, Best Western Haeundae Hotel is not just centrally located in the heart of Haeundae Beach, but also boost shopping, lots of leisure time, as well as night life.

Ryeowook gathered everyone to come nearer for Heechul to say a few words. 

"Welcome to Busan, everyone. I want everybody to have a good time and a good break. After lunch, you can go sightseeing or shopping, and after dinner, we have a brain storming session in the conference room. After that you have your own free time. Tomorrow, after breakfast, we will start our main retreat session. So, go ahead and see your rooms and come down for lunch okay?!!"

Everybody said okay while clapping their hands. They started gathering their bags and headed to the lift. 

"Sungmin, wait for me, I need to give a cheque to the coach driver" Ryeowook told her.  Sungmin nodded and took Ryeowook's bag to placed it near hers. 

Kyuhyun saw that his beloved girl was standing alone. He told Changmin to go up first, and he walked towards Sungmin. 

"Where's Wook?" 

Sungmin turned and smile at Kyuhyun "She went out to give a cheque to the coach driver. You can go ahead to your room, Kyu" 

"I'll wait with you..." Kyuhyun told her, and added "Want to go to Gwangalli Beach later with me?" 

"Is it where the Gwangan Bridge is?" 

"Yes, there's a metro station from here to Gwangalli Beach. Then maybe before dinner, we stroll along Haeundae Beach here" 

"Okay.." Sungmin nodded her head. Though part of her wanted to walk around with the girls, but part of her also wanted to be with Kyuhyun. She decided to go with Kyuhyun since he has already planned where to go and she didn't want to turn him down. 

When they saw that Ryeowook was walking back, Kyuhyun kissed Sungmin's cheek and said "Okay, see you later love" and walked towards the lift. 

"Payment settled? Going back to Daejeon will be another coach?" Sungmin asked Ryeowook. 

"Ohhh it will be the 1st coach. The driver told me he needed to send the coach to a workshop to check the tyres, so he arranged for another coach just now to bring us here" Ryeowook told her and kept her file inside her handcarry bag. She picked up her overnight bag and walked together with Sungmin to the lift. "Do you have plans later, Sungminnie?" 

Sungmin felt apologetic and told Ryeowook "So sorry Wook, Kyuhyun wanted to go to Gwangalli Beach.." 

"Heyyy it's okay, don't worry about it. Yoon-Ah wanted to go shopping, so we are just asking around who wants to join us. You go ahead with Kyuhyun, that Gwangalli Beach is worth visiting!" Ryeowook said while opening their room door. 

Sungmin nodded and smile and felt thankful for her understanding. They stepped into their room and automatically their eyes went to the window. The stretch of Haeundae beach was so breathtaking!!! They took out their phone and started taking photos!! 

After their lunch, Kyuhyun waited for Sungmin at the lobby. "We'll take a cab" Kyuhyun told Sungmin and held her hand, the minute she appeared next to him. 

"I thought we are taking the metro?" 

"I heard Heechul-hyung wanted to take the metro, so I don't want to bump into him..." Kyuhyun said after getting in the cab after Sungmin. He told the driver to take them to Gwangalli Beach. 

"What if he's going to Gwangalli Beach too?" Sungmin said jokingly. 

"I don't think so. Haeundae Beach is here, why would he travel to Gwangalli Beach.." 

"Same like us, we also travelling to Gwangalli Beach, and not Haeundae Beach..... " 

"I want to show you the Gwangan Bridge, and I want to be away from everybody" 

"We don't have to, you know... it's an office retreat anyway" 

"I want to spend time with you..."  Kyuhyun said stubbornly and tightened his arm around Sungmin. 

Sungmin knew that she could not change Kyuhyun's mind once he has decide on something. So she didn't object. 

Gwangalli Beach is a 1.4-kilometer long beach in Busan that is known for its fine powdery sand. It is also noted for its fantastic views because the best part of Gwangalli Beach is the awesome view of Gwangan Bridge, one of Korea’s longest, which runs across the sea in front of the beach.

Kyuhyun intertwined his fingers with Sungmin's as he gently pulled her towards the sandy beach. The air was fresh and the view was awesome. They took a few selfies and continued walking, with Kyuhyun's arm around Sungmin's shoulder. 

"The bridge is really awesome, Kyu!!! Thank you for deciding to come here!" Sungmin said honestly. 

Kyuhyun smile happily and kissed her. He had always wanted to come back here with someone that he loved. The last time he was here was many years back, after he graduated and before he started working full time at SM Architects Inc., Daejeon office. 

"Heyyy you two lovebirds. Enough of kissing!" suddenly they heard Heechul's voice!!! 

"Ohmygod!!" Kyuhyun sighed and slowly turned around....