Ep 25 - Missing each other

Secretary Lee

 

Sungmin's family had arrived at halmeoni's house 2 days before the wedding. Sungmin was already on marriage leave and of course, her mother didn't allow her to meet Kyuhyun until their wedding day. 

"What? Why can't I see you?" Kyuhyun was nagging on the other line. He hasn't hugged his fiance for a week because he was too busy finalising his projects and was even working during the last weekend. He missed her tremendously and was hoping to see her today. 

"No, we are not supposed to, Kyu. That's our tradition. Both bride and groom cannot see each other until the wedding day..." Sungmin explained to her gorgeous boss. 

"Just tell ommonim that your boss has something urgent and need you to discuss and settle some issues.. " Kyuhyun trying his luck. 

Sungmin laughed "Nice try...." 

"Min, I miss you. Terribly..." he whined... 

"You'll see me everyday after Saturday..." 

"But I want you in my arms now..." 

"Go hug a pillow..." 

"It's not the same..." 

"Let's turn on the video call then, we can see each other..." 

"I want to hug you, not just see your face..." 

"Kyu, we can't. Just be patient..." 

"Haiz....."

"How's the project?..." 

"Don't change the topic..." 

Sungmin laughed again. Her dearest boss.... 

"Kyu, I talk to you later? I'm going to the facial appointment and then to the saloon. Omma is going with me" 

"What will you be doing tomorrow?" Kyuhyun asked, trying to squeeze in time to drop by and see his beloved. 

"Tomorrow is worst. I have manicure, pedicure, and a party with halmeoni's friends. It's like your bachelor's party. Ohh yes! 
You have a bachelor's party too right? Donghae told me yesterday!" 

"Aishhh, Heechul-hyung organised it, and invited me. Can you believe it? I got invited to my own bachelor's party?!! I don't want to get drunk and ended up sleeping in his condo!" 

"Don't get drunk, then...."

"You know hyung, once he ask everybody to drink, nobody can say no..." 

"Just pretend that you are already drunk, and fell asleep! Or maybe I call you? And you pretend to go out to talk to me..." 

"Ok! Good idea, Min! That's why you are my secretary and my other half!! Can you call me around 9pm tomorrow?" 

"Okayyyy I will. See you on Saturday, Kyu..." 

Kyuhyun sighed "Ok, baby, take care. I miss you and I love you" 

"I love you too, Kyu" Sungmin smile and off her phone. From Saturday onwards, they don't have to talk on the phone anymore. They'll be husband and wife! 

"Sungminnie, are you ready? Let's go...!" Mrs Lee called her from the dining room downstairs. 

"Coming Omma!" Sungmin grabbed her handbag from her dressing table and put her phone in it, and went out from her room. 

It was a very hectic day. After the facial and saloon, Mrs Lee dragged her to go to a jewellery shop to buy her a necklass, despite her objection. 

"Omma, you don't need to give me anything. You being with me for my wedding is already a precious gift to me. I'm so grateful that you are here..!" 

"I want to get you a necklass as a wedding gift. It's from appa and me. Now, come, try this..." Mrs Lee took the necklass that the jewellery assistant passed to her, and got Sungmin to try. 

"It's beautiful Omma, very beautiful" Sungmin praised it honestly, when she saw it in the mirror that the assistant gently pushed it in front of her. 

"Okay, how about this..?" Mrs Lee got the assistant to get another one. 

And after 4 necklasses, Sungmin still preferred the 1st one, and told her mother not to get the assistant to take out anymore. 

"Ok then, we'll take the first one!" Mrs Lee smile and nodded to the assistant. 

The assistant bowed and prepare the box and the sales receipt. 

"Thank you, Omma!" Sungmin hugged her mother. 

"You are welcome my lovely daughter!" she smile happily. "Oh yes, when do you need to collect the wedding gown?" 

"The designer mentioned anytime today.  Kyu has a few meetings today and only on leave tomorrow, so he will collect his suit tomorrow" Sungmin told his mother. 

"Oh great, then we collect today! Let's go!" Mrs Lee pulled her daughter's hand. 

"Omma, why do bride and groom cannot see each other before the wedding? I know it's our tradition, but we are in a modern world!" Sungmin asked her mother when they are back in their car. 

Mrs Lee chuckled and whispered to her "It's to make the couple miss each other and long for each other, so that your 1st night would be memorable as you two missed each other so much!" 

 "Ahhhh omma, you are pulling my leg, right?!!!" Sungmin chided her mother, who laughed at her daughter.

"Ok ok, it's actually like this, during the time when arranged marriages were custom, the betrothed couple wasn't allowed to see each other before the wedding at all. ... Therefore, it became tradition that the bride and groom were only allowed to meet at the wedding ceremony so that the groom did not have the opportunity to change his mind". 

"Ahh, I see..., that's interesting" Sungmin smile. 

Her mother continued driving back with guidance from Sungmin to go to the bridal boutique. "Kyuhyun is not on leave yet?" Mrs Lee asked Sungmin. 

"Yeah, he will be on leave tomorrow onwards. Today they will be submitting all the drawing plans and he needs to be around to input his digital signing"

"Your office is very busy..." 

"Our boss managed to clinch 2 big projects, basically due to Kyuhyun's good reputation, so kyu got one of it and that makes him so busy lately". 

"Kyuhyun is really good. Appa showed me some of the buildings that he designed and they looked awesome! And he won several design awards!"  Mrs Lee said it with pride, as she felt proud the kyu will be his son-in-law. 

"Yes, he is good, very detail and put a lot of planning in his work. But he is very strict too, and has the loudest voice in our office!" Sungmin laughed, recalling of the shoutings. 

"Well, I guess he is very particular and committed. He is really a good husband material! You got the right man!" Mrs Lee daughter. They laughed and continued talking about the wedding. 

They collected the bridal gown and for the banquet, and Sungmin inform the bridal owner that the groom will be picking up his suits tomorrow. 

"The gown is beautiful, Sungminnie!! Good choice!! You really look beautiful in it. You'll be a very beautiful bride!" Mrs Lee praised her honestly. 

"Thank you, Omma. I'll be a nervous wreck on Saturday" Sungmin laughed. 

They reached halmeoni's house just before dinner. Mr Lee has gone out to meet some of his friends, using halmeoni's car, and he was complaining how old the car was and plan to get a new car for his mother. 

"No need, Sen is still working fine! I'm comfortable with it and I don't need a new car...." halmeoni told her son. 

"Appa, halmeoni really love Sen. Though it's old, it is still okay and hasn't really give us any problems" Sungmin told him, siding halmeoni. She knew that halmeoni might not be comfortable with a new car as new cars has many auto gadget, so it is better to just use Sen. 

After dinner, Sungmin went up to her bedroom and hang her wedding dresses. The white wedding dress was so pretty and she grabbed her phone to snap some photos. She sent it to kyuhyun. 

"Collected my dresses, they look so pretty, especially my white gown!!", she texted him.  

Kyuhyun had just reached home and rested his head on his sofa backrest, when he received Sungmin's text. He smile and saw the wedding dress photo. 

Actually, unknown to Sungmin, kyuhyun had driven to the bridal boutique once he got Sungmin's text that she was heading to the bridal boutique after the jewellery shop. He just wanted to see his fiancé, eventhough from far. He missed her terribly and he has to resort to this just to give himself some morale booster. 

Kyuhyun chided himself for being such a moron! Sungmin has become his morale booster, his energy charger, in fact, his everything. He felt guilty that he couldn't spend time with her last weekend, but he got no choice. Work is equally important and he rather finished it so that he could go for his honeymoon in peace. 

He was happy that he managed to 'see' Sungmin when she stepped out of the bridal boutique with her mother. She looked so pretty!! He restraint himself from getting out of the car to run to her, and only got out after their car has left. He had collected his suits and had returned back to office. 

He replied Sungmin's text "It's really nice, Min, and I can't wait to see you in that dress!" he clicked sent. 

Then he added "I've collected mine too, by the way" and he added emoticon. 

Sungmin replied "Ohh, that's great, at least you are freer tomorrow when your family are here! What time roughly will they arrive? "

"Should be around 11am. I'll wake up early to clean my apartment. Now I'm too dead tired. You sleep early too okay, you had a long day today" Kyuhyun clicked sent. 

"Okay, I love you Kyu. Goodnight" Sungmin sent with 2 hearts emoticon. 

Kyuhyun's finger was actually on the call button, but he stopped himself from calling her because once he hear her voice, his missing her became overwhelmingly bad. When that happened, he wouldn't be able to think rationally and couldn't stopped himself from driving over. 

He took a deep breath and replied "Goodnight my love, can't wait for us to be together. I miss you. Love you too!" and he clicked sent and threw his phone on the sofa. He leaned back and closed his eyes. He really missed her. Despite his busy schedule, there was always this one part of him who would constantly think of her, even if they were in the office. If he was in a long meeting, he would go out just to kiss her goodbye before she left, and resumed his meeting. 

He took his phone again and click the photo gallery. He has a folder "My Sungmin" and he clicked that folder to see her photos. He smile, seeing her happy face and how cute she was. He her face in her photos and gave a kissing gestured. "I miss you, Min and I really really love you" he said and took a deep breath and off his phone. He put it on his wireless charger, and got up to take a shower. He would cook instant ramyeon for dinner later, and thereafter would hit the bed. 

Sungmin was half expecting kyuhyun to call, and suppressed her disappointment that he didn't.  She knew he had a busy day and he must be very tired. She took a deep breath and got up to go to her bathroom to take her shower and then to hit the bed.

So both of them were missing each other terribly! 

Tomorrow would be another busy day. Sungmin couldn't wait for Saturday when she would finally become Kyuhyun's wife. These 2 days must be the longest days in her life!