Ep 10 - Lost and Found

Secretary Lee

Though annoyed, Kyuhyun tried to act normal and sat at his seat. He opened up his sketches and continued with designing the new building.

"Kyu, I'm sorry, I didn't understand what he was saying when he asked me something and I didn't know that he meant to buy me a drink. I'm so sorry" Sungmin was in front of his desk, apologising.

Without looking up, Kyuhyun said "Don't worry about it. Give me 5 minutes, we can go for lunch" and he continued with his designing.

Sungmin felt sad. She sent a few emails and packed up to get ready for lunch. Zhoumi came over and smiled at her and went to Kyuhyun's desk.

"Want to go?"

"Yup okayyy" Kyuhyun rolled up his drawing, put aside and stood up. "Sungmin, let’s go" and he walked out with Zhoumi, glancing back to see whether Sungmin was following them or not. Well, of course she is..

In the lift, Zhoumi explained to Sungmin that they would be going to Huaihai Road Market. Sungmin nodded, smiling. She glanced at Kyuhyun but he was busy looking at his phone. She felt sad again but tried to swallow her sadness. 

The Huahai Road of Shanghai is a very well known cultural street that is home to several attractions such as the Site of First Communist Party National Congress, Former Residence of Songqingling and Former Residence of Sun Yat Sen.

Huaihai Road is often referred to as the Champ Elysees of Shanghai. It is a shopping street which has attracted visitors and tourists for several years and is home to more than 400 shops and stores. The street is particularly famous for its stores of female goods and is lined with elegant and classical architecture mingling with modern buildings. The interior layout and exterior appearance of these buildings demonstrate the strong cultural flavor of Shanghai. Huaihai Road speaks of fashion, style and taste.

They had a delicious Shanghainese lunch and Sungmin was glad that Kyuhyun's mood was better. She just hope that she did not upset him again for the rest of the day.

After lunch, Zhoumi brought them to walk along the shops and explained to Sungmin Shanghainese culture and handicraft, especially hand-printed silk. They stopped in front of a quaint silk shop and Zhoumi told her that all the design for the varieties of silk materials here are hand drawn. "Ohh, this must be where Kyu bought me the silk scarf" Sungmin thought and smile to herself.

Walking along the next rows of shops, Sungmin was in awe at so many beautiful handicraft, like coin purse, tote bags and even tissue box covers. She glanced at Kyuhyun, and he was busy discussing something with Zhoumi and somehow, she ended up walking behind the two men and she became  lagging bit far behind as she stopped to see some souvenirs. She wanted to call out to her boss, but they were still busy discussing, so she recon that she would just catch up with them. 

The shop has many pretty umbrellas and she was contemplating to get one for halmeoni. She wanted to called out at the two guys again to wait for her, but she saw them quite far ahead. She quickly took one umbrella and paid for it, and quickly walked  after the two guys. 

She saw them turning to another row of shops so she quickened her steps. But they somehow didn't look like Kyuhyun and Zhoumi. But maybe the lighting? Anyway, she was happy that she got something for halmeoni, and wanted to see more souvenirs. She saw that most shops have different varieties of souvenirs  which were not only lovely but they looks so nice!  

Sungmin followed the two guys into a handicraft shop and she started admiring the hand-held fan. She chose two pretty hand folded fan for halmeoni and Ryeowook, and went to the cashier. She looked around for the two guys, but strangely, the two guys were not Zhoumi and Kyuhyun. "Ehhh, weren't they the ones who walked into this shop?" she said to herself, and paid the cashier.

She walked out and didn't know which way to go. She walked back to the previous alley, but the rows of shops looks different. She must have turned to the wrong row, because she was following those two men. "Oh no.. " she thought, "I think I'm lost!". There was no WiFi so she couldn't call her boss. She continued walking hopefully she could retrace her steps, back to the silk shop.

"Zhoumi wait, Sungmin is not behind us" Kyuhyun looked around, realising his precious girl was not with them. "Let's go back to that silk shop" he said, walking fast, hopefully Sungmin was there. He felt bad that he was practically ignoring her for the past hour. Who wouldn't be upset if his girl was constantly being swarmed by other men?!

"Kyu, she's not there, maybe she took the wrong turn? Does she has a pocket WiFi with her?" Zhoumi asked with concerned. He knew it would be difficult to find Sungmin as there were many rows of shops and would confused any first timer.

"The pocket WiFi is with me" Kyuhyun started to get panic. Where is Sungmin? She must be scared trying to look for them! "I should have hold her hand!" Kyuhyun scolded himself.

"Kyu, you go to the west row and I go to the east row. We meet back here at this silk shop ok. I call you if I saw her" Zhoumi said, already turning around and started walking.

Kyuhyun started walking too, and looked at every shop. Sungmin must have stop by a souvenir shop to buy something for halmeoni, he thought. He saw somebody in pink and walked faster to catch up with her, but it wasn't her. Now he really started to get worried. He hope against hope that Zhoumi managed to find her. 

He walked to the next row and checked his phone in case Zhoumi message him.  There wasn't any message or any calls. He saw another person with pink top, but it wasn't Sungmin too. "Oh God, please please, help me to find my Sungmin...!" 

He was about to turn to another row when his eyes caught a lady standing in front of a shop, who seemed to be crying. "Min!!" he called out and ran to her.

Sungmin looked up "Kyu.... I was trying to find the two of you... " Sungmin said, sobbing. 

Kyuhyun pulled her into his arms. "Oh God, Min, I'm so glad I found you! I was so worried!! Are you okay?" he asked with concerned, as Sungmin cried more and more. She was already sad when Kyuhyun was annoyed with her, and then this, her being alone and lost.  When she tried to wipe her tears, he took his hanky and wipe it for her. "I'm so sorry, I should have hold your hand and should paid more attention to you. I'm so sorry, Min". 

"No, it's my fault, I took a wrong turn without checking" Sungmin said, omitting the part where she followed 2 men, in case Kyuhyun got mad at her again for being with other men...! 

Kyuhyun intertwined their hands and he pulled her gently to walk with him. He took out his phone and called Zhoumi. "Mi, I found her! We meet you at that silk shop? Ohh really, you are already there? Ok then, see you!" 

"Sungmin-ssi!! I'm so glad that Kyuhyun found you. Are you okay?" Zhoumi asked, seeing her eyes were red. 

"I'm ok, thank you, Zhoumi-ssi. I'm so sorry for making you two worried about me..." 

"Kyuhyun was panic and worried to death! You are so precious to him, you know!" Zhoumi . He laughed when Kyuhyun punched him. 

"You bought something for halmeoni?" Kyuhyun asked Sungmin, taking over the two carrier to carry them for her. 

"Yeah, umbrella and hand-held fan. I got one for Ryeowook too. The fans are so pretty!"

"We can come back here if you want to buy more" Kyuhyun tightened his hold. 

"Yeah and if we come back here, he won't let go of your hand..." and Zhoumi laughed when Kyuhyun smacked him playfully. 

Sungmin laughed too. She was glad that her boss was no longer annoyed with her. The rest of the afternoon was so much better in the office. They worked without anybody  disturbing them. 

Before they left office, Kyuhyun told her "Min, wait for me, I want to bring you to the Bund. I just give this drawing to Zhoumi and then we can go" Kyuhyun said while walking out. 

"The Bund?" Sungmin asked herself. "What's that..?" 

When they reached at the Bund, she was amazed by the view of Shanghai skycrappers. The Bund or Waitan, is a waterfront area in central Shanghai. The area centers on a section of Zhongshan Road, which runs along the western bank of the Huangpu River in the eastern part of Huangpu District. The view was awesome! Kyuhyun got somebody to take their photo, with the skycrappers as the background, and with his hand on her waist. Sungmin felt so blist, because she never thought that she could visit Shanghai and walk along this beautiful place. 

They walked hand-in-hand, admiring the view, and Kyuhyun led them to sit on an empty bench. 

"Kyu, this place is awesome. I always saw this picturesque on TV or in IG, and I never thought I will be here!" 

"The view is nice, right?" he smile at Sungmin and used his hand to gently hold her face to turn it to him. "Min, I'm so sorry about this morning. I don't know why I was so annoyed when that guy bought a drink for you. I must learn not to be so possessive. I never love anyone before, so I'm learning to adjust, to accommodate and to compromise. I know that you were upset, I'm so sorry ok" 

"Kyu, why are you always apologising? You were jealous, and it's ok to be jealous. I was upset because I annoyed you, and when you were cold towards me, I felt sad that maybe it was my fault. I didn't know how to communicate with that guy, that I didn't want a drink actually, but he thought otherwise. And when I was lost, the sadness doubled because I thought I cause you to be more angry"

Kyuhyun pulled her into a hug. "Ohh Min, don't be scared of me. Just bear with me because this feeling is new to me. But trust me, I really really love you". 

He let her go and then, to Sungmin's amazement, Kyuhyun slowly stood up, took something from his pocket, then slowly went down and was on one knee, in front of her. "Sungmin, you captured my heart, and you are always on my mind. Will you accept me and be with me forever? Will you marry me?" 

Sungmin closed due to surprise. She never expect that Kyuhyun will propose to her!  Some tourist stopped to watch them and they were smiling, as Kyuhyun was so romantic, kneeling in front of her, holding a ring box. 

"OMG Kyu, I... I don't know what to say... yes yes, I'll marry you..." and she held both Kyuhyun's hands so that he got up and sat at the bench again. The tourist clapped their hands and some even took their photos. They were indeed a beautiful couple, looking so in love with each other. 

Kyuhyun held her hand and put on the ring. It was a beautiful ring, the pure blue sapphire is embedded in the inner ring band, which is a  perfect symbol of purity and fidelity, representing a special memory, a promise to be together forever. 

"It's so beautiful. When did you buy this ring?" Sungmin was admiring it. 

"I bought it last week, and wanted to surprise you in Shanghai" he smile sincerely. "When we are back in Daejeon, we'll drive to Ilsan to meet your parents?" 

Sungmin was touched by Kyuhyun's sincerity. She nodded and smile lovingly at Kyuhyun. "Kyu, thank you for this ring, and thank you for loving me. I never felt so happy in my life! I love you and I hope you will accept the simple me" 

"You are everything that I want in a woman! Even as a secretary, you are different from the rest. You do work with your heart. And I was touch that you actually cared for me. I guess I fall in love with you from the 1st day I saw you, at that road junction. But I didn't realise it until I missed you to death when I was away. Miss Lee Sungmin, I really really love you! Do accept this annoying me"

Sungmin laughed "I accept this annoying you, this temperamental you, this jealous of you, this possessive you, this sincere you, and this loving you, with all my heart"