Ep 26 - Goodbye bachelorhood

Secretary Lee

 

"Hyung, enough, don't pour anymore drink for me" Kyuhyun told Heechul.

"What? You are only on your first glass!" Heechul chided him.

"I'm driving! And my family is here. I want to go back home in one piece" he took his glass away so that Heechul could not pour more.

"Boss, let him be... his omma will throw him out if he come back drunk" Changmin said and the rest laughed. 

"Alright alright... eyyy you all, feel free to top up okay.." Heechul told the rest and gestured towards his bar.

"Yes boss!" Shindong said the loudest and laughed with the rest.

"So, KimKyu, how do you feel?" Heechul .

"Restless... because I didn't see her since she started her leave" Kyuhyun leaned back. 

"You didn't hug her, you mean" Heechul teased again, and the rest laughed again. 

"Hug and kiss...." Donghae . 

Kyuhyun laughed "Yeah, my mother-in-law is quite strict in upholding the tradition, that bride and groom cannot meet until the wedding day, so, Sungmin is barred from meeting me" 

"But it's good right, at least you two will miss each other and that makes your first night more memorable..." Shindong , followed by more laughter. 

Kyuhyun laughed too and didn't tell them that it would actually be their 2nd 'time'.  He still remember that beautiful morning when they did it and to him it was the most beautiful morning in his life! "To be honest, I didn't know that it is so painful when I couldn't see her, I thought it is okay since we are getting married, but these 2 days are the longest 2 days in my life..." 

"Woahhhhh.... Mr Cho... you are so hopelessly in love with Sungmin..." Donghae . 

"I think because he is so used to have Sungmin around, whenever he wants to see her, she is outside. But now, she is not anywhere near him...." Heechul said. 

"You mean, talking on the phone is not enough...?" Changmin asked him. 

Kyuhyun shook his head sadly. "It's not enough, really...." 

"Be patient KimKyu, she's all yours tomorrow!!" Heechul patted Kyuhyun's back. 

Kyuhyun's phone rang and it was Sungmin! He had told her to call him to save him from Heechul! 

Changmin, who seated next to him, saw his phone "It's Sungmin!!" he told the rest, smiling naughtily. 

The rest said "Woahhhh" and started telling him "Pick up, pick up". 

Kyuhyun chuckled and stood up to walk to one corner and answered his phone. "Heyyy Min". 

At halmeoni's home, the Hen party was still going on. Sungmin was also trying to get away from halmeoni's friends who constantly teased and told her of what to do on her first night. 

"Kyu! I hope you are not drunk!" 

"Luckily no, coz I only had 1 glass!! How's your party?" 

"Tiring because I kept going around to serve them food and drinks and I was teased a lot" Sungmin laughed. 

"Ending soon?" 

"I would think so. Halmeoni had told them to have an early night and reminding them to be early tomorrow at the church. But only one person went home, the rest are still here" Sungmin chuckled. 

"Hint to halmeoni that you are tired and need to rest. It will be a long day tomorrow for us"

"Yeah okay, will do that. You too, Kyu, try to go home early and rest" 

"Okay. Love you so much Min. I can't wait for tomorrow. I missed you so much!!" 

"I missed you too. Okay goodnight and see you tomorrow, Kyu" and Sungmin off her phone. 

Sungmin went back to the living room towards her mother and halmeoni, and was unconsciously yawning. She realised it and covered . 

"You go and rest early, Minnie. Omma and halmeoni will take care of this" 

"Yes, Sungminnie, go go and rest"

"Thank you, omma and halmeoni" she said gratefully, and she thanked halmeoni's friends and that she would see them tomorrow, and they congratulated her again and ushered her to go up to her bedroom. 

It was a wonderful Saturday morning. Sungmin woke up because her phone was ringing. It was Kyuhyun's calling. "Kyu?" she answered her phone while glancing at her wall clock. It was 6.30am!

"Good morning!! Did I wake you up?" 

"Yes you did...." Sungmin said, smiling. 

Kyuhyun chuckled "Sorry. I just woke up too, and I just want to say that tomorrow onwards when I open my eyes, the first thing  I will see is you, next to me..." he said huskily. 

Sungmin smile "Yes... it will be lovely, isn't it?" Sungmin changed her position to face her ceiling. "So, we'll spend the night in the hotel first right, then fly off in the afternoon?" 

"Yeah" Kyuhyun smile happily, "have you pack your things?" 

"Yup, except toiletries"

"Can Sungjin help to send your luggage to the hotel around 9am? Noona will be there at the reception to help all of us to check in. Inform your parents too, okay. They can get the room keys from Noona later, anytime during our church wedding" 

"Ahhh yes, okay, Kyu, I'll let them know. Please thank eonnie for me..."

"Okay love, see you later. I love you" 

"I love you too!" Sungmin smile, off her phone and sat up. She took a deep breath. It's her wedding day!!! She felt so surreal because she was finally getting married!!!  She grabbed her diary and wrote down how awesomely happy she felt today because it was her wedding day, and then she kept it inside her luggage, and got up to bathe.  She would wake her brother up later. 

By 11am, both Sungmin's family and Kyuhyun's families arrived at the church compound, but Kyuhyun didn't get to see Sungmin because her mother and halmeoni ushered her into the changing room as soon as they arrived. 

Sungmin did her make-up herself and her mother helped her to bun up her hair and halmeoni put on her necklass for her. Halmeoni put her veil next to her and that she looked like a princess! 

"Yes, you are such a pretty bride, Minnie!! I'm so proud and happy for you. My dearest daughter, I cant believe that you are finally getting married!!" Mrs Lee hugged Sungmin from behind. 

Sungmin smile happily "I can't believe it too omma and halmeoni. I never thought that a year after I started staying and working here, that I'll be getting married!" 

"Kyuhyun is a good guy, and you are very lucky to have him as your husband. Remember that you two must always talk things out, always seek his permission before you do anything, and always support him.  You will have a happy and everlasting marriage!" halmeoni advice Sungmin while helping her to put on her diamond studs. 

Sungmin hugged halmeoni "I will remember your advice, halmeoni. We will stay over with you on some nights after we come back from honeymoon okay?". 

"Don't worry about it. Just enjoy your honeymoon... " halmeoni told her. 

"Yes, Minnie, just enjoy your honeymoon. Omma and appa will stay with halmeoni for a few more days, so don't worry" Mrs Lee patted her daughter's shoulder. 

Mrs Lee put on her daughter's veil and the three of them took photos together. 

Mr Lee knocked and came in, saying "Honey, is our daughter ready?" and when he saw Sungmin, he said "Ohmygod, is this my daughter, Sungminnie??" 

"Appa!" and Sungmin slowly got up and hugged her father. 

"You are so pretty, my dear. How can I give you away like this? Come let's go back" he , making everybody laughed. 

"Dear, is Kyuhyun ready?" Mrs Lee asked her husband. 

"Yes, he is already at the altar, with his friend, Changmin. Sungminnie, your big boss and colleagues are here too. There are 3 ladies who are so anxious to take photos with you. Can I let them in?" Mr Lee told her. 

"Yes, sure appa" and when her father opened the door, all three ladies and Sungmin screamed happily and hugged together. Ryeowook kept praising that Sungmin was pretty, Tiffany and Yoon-A both took out their phones and get them together to take photos. 

"Okay ladies, I think Kyuhyun is already anxious, let's get ready for the wedding march!!" Mr Lee told the 3 ladies happily. 

"Okay Sungmin, we go into the church first. Congrats okay and don't cry!!" Ryeowook hugged her again. 

"Congratulations Sungmin, we'll be cheering for you!! Donghae is at the door, waiting for you and uncle" Tiffany told Sungmin happily. 

"Ohhh he's the doorman??" Sungmin laughed. 

"Yes!! Haha, he looked so handsome!" Yoon-A laughed. "Congrats darling! We see you later okay?!!" 

Sungmin nodded and asked them to accompany halmeoni and Mrs Lee, which they gladly did. 

After Sungmin did one last touch-up to her make-up, she said "Okay, appa, let's go!" Sungmin smile happily at her father. 

Kyuhyun was waiting anxiously with Changmin. "You have the ring, right?" he asked Changmin.

"Kyu, this is the 3rd time you ask me. Relax okay" Changmin laughed. "Kyu, remember the routine, when they are half way to the altar, you walk slowly to the line there, bowed at your father-in-law, and when he handover Sungmin's hand, accept it with respect, bowed again, then lift up Sungmin's veil, turn and put her hand at your elbow, and walk together to the altar" Changmin reminded him. 

"I want to kiss her forehead after I lift her veil..." 

"Okay whatever, the main thing is, do everything gracefully" 

Kyuhyun took a deep breath "Okay bro.." he nodded and saw his mother-in-law, halmeoni, Ryeowook, Tiffany and Yoon-A walked in to take their seats. Kyuhyun bowed at halmeoni and his mother-in-law when they waved at him while walking to their seats. 

He saw Donghae came in and signal to Shindong, who nodded to the piano player. This was the moment that he has been waiting for. Sungmin and her father would be walking in any moment once Donghae opened the door. 

He took a deep breath. He said to himself "Goodbye bachelorhood, hello marriage life!" and he smile when he happened to look at Heechul's direction and he gave him a thumbs up. 

Everybody stood up and turned towards the door, when Donghae announced "Okay everybody, let's welcome the bride and her father! 

And the wedding march started playing...