Ep 15 Torn in-between

Secretary Lee

 

Kyuhyun quickly get out of his car and rushed towards halmeoni's house.

As halmeoni opened the door, she said "What's the matter with you two? She came in, put the groceries, didn't even answer my questions and ran upstairs!" and she pulled him into the house.

Kyuhyun scratched his head, sighing "I was looking for her at the supermarket, then I saw her with Kangin-ssi and they were so close abd Sungmin was giggling looking at his phone. I... I became jealous.." Kyuhyun said with ashamed, and looked down.

Halmeoni gestured him to sit "Kangin? My dear Kyu, Kangin and Sungminnie were closed friends. He came here a few times when he got to know that I stayed here, even before Sungminnie stayed here. He's a good boy, but too bad his marriage didn't work out".

"I know, but I.. was jealous and I couldn't help it, halmeoni. Maybe.. because she looked so cosy and relax with him but when she's with me, she's always on her guard.."

"Kyu, you are also her boss, it's a different situation. The respect element is there" halmeoni said frankly. "I know that you are a busy man, so you can only spare your time to come here or go out lunch with her. Why don't you bring her out just to relax? Walk along the river, go to amusement park, catch a movie. Give yourselves time to relax. It's also on you, how you coax and treat her to make her open up to you... "

Kyuhyun was quiet. What halmeoni said was absolutely true. Maybe because he never went for a date before, so he didn't know a lot of things on how to treat a girlfriend. If he wanted to improve on his relationship, he needed to change too.

"You are absolutely right, halmeoni. I don't have any experience in all these. Why I am easily jealous is also because of my lack of experience and that I love her a lot. I am selfish so much so that I just want her to be with me".

"Don't be too hard on yourself! We all learn and pick up things along the way. If something is not right, we can always learn to set it right" halmeoni smile warmly. "Go up and apologise to her. Don't worry, she loves you very much, she will forgive you".

"Thank you, halmeoni. I really appreciate all your advice" Kyuhyun reached over and hugged her.

"Go go.." halmeoni encouraged him to go up to Sungmin's room. 

As he climbed the stairs, he wished that he has a bouquet of flowers. He reached Sungmin's bedroom but her door was closed. 

So he thought of something.  He started singing!! He sang a song by Tim Hwang "Saranghamnida". And he serenade outside Sungmin's room. 

Sungmin became aware that someone was singing. And she was surprised that it was her boss being the one singing outside her door! And he was singing to her!! 

Ohmygod his voice!! He has such a lovely velvety voice... 
She stepped closer to her door and listened. The words, especially the last lines, pierced through her heart. Tears started flowing down without her realising. She must have hurt his feelings when she stomped off just now... she thought sadly. 

"Please turn back just once sometime
If I wait endlessly like this today
Again its the one word in my heart that I can't keep inside
I love you.

As I look at your back image
which I got so used to
I say those silent tear-like words,
I love you" 

She opened her bedroom door with teary eyes. Kyuhyun looked at her lovingly and pulled her into his arms. However, in his heart, he was rejoicing "Thank God, my plan works... !" he shouted in his heart! 

Still holding her in his arms, he said "I'm sorry Min, I was jealous and didn't think properly. And I keep disappointing you..." 

"No Kyu! Don't say that! I'm sorry for getting angry! I'm so sorry" 

Kyuhyun held her tighter and she loved it being in his arms like this, breathing in his scent and his cologne, and rest her head on his chest. Slowly, he let her go "So am I forgiven...?" he said, wiping her tears with his thumbs. 

Sungmin nodded. Then she looked up into his eyes, and saw his tender and loving eyes, and then she surprised him by tiptoeing and started  kissing him! 

Kyuhyun smile and hold her properly and kissed her back. After that, they both chuckled and looked at each other lovingly. Kyuhyun soothed her hair away from her beautiful face "I love you" and pecked her lips again, and took her hand "Let's go down. Halmeoni was worried just now because you shut yourself in your room" Kyuhyun wiped her remaining tears with his left hand.

Sungmin smile and nodded. 

"I'm fetching you tomorrow before lunch and bringing you back to my apartment, coz I'll be cooking something, and after lunch we can go out.. "

"You can cook? Actually I... "

"I won't poison you..." Kyuhyun laughed. 

Sungmin giggled. "I mean, I can come over and cook for us.." and they started walking down the stairs hand in hand. 

"Nahhh, I want to cook for you so you just need to come and eat" Kyuhyun smile affectionately at her. 

"I'm so glad that you two are okay again!!" halmeoni said happily. 

"Thank you halmeoni" Kyuhyun said and let go of Sungmin's hand. She went to the kitchen to help halmeoni bring out their dinner. "Halmeoni, I'm bringing Sungmin to my apartment tomorrow for lunch..." 

"Go ahead go ahead... I have lunch appointment with my friends anyway, so I won't be at home too" halmeoni cut in to indicate that she has no objection. 

"Halmeoni, Kyu said he will be cooking tomorrow" Sungmin told her grandma happily. 

"Ohhh you can cook too? I'm impress!!" 

Kyuhyun laughed "Simple dishes and those that didn't take long to prepare". 

"Kyu, maybe I bake cupcakes for our dessert?" 

"Ohh great! But don't bake too many..." Kyuhyun said happily as he missed Sungmin's cupcakes. 

They talked for a while after dinner and Kyuhyun took his leave. At the door, he hugged his dear fiancé again. "Be ready by 11? Enough time to bake your cupcakes?" 

"Yup, enough time" Sungmin smile sweetly at him. 

He kissed her forehead, nose and lips, before letting her go and waved at her. He drove home happily and once he reached home, he started tidying up his place. He already plan to invite her to his apartment but he was thinking to do it the following Saturday, but since today he made some progress on wooing her, might as well he invite her over tomorrow. 

That night fter her bath, Sungmin opened up her wardrobe to see what she would wear the next day. Sungmin couldn't decide what to wear. She stared at her wardrobe and chose a few dresses but she didn't like them. Then she saw her dark blue jeans. "Yes! Maybe jeans and a casual top" she smile to herself. She took out her white boat-shape blouse, and a light pink cardigan too. "Okay, these will do!"

After waving goodbye to halmeoni the next day, Sungmin packed 6 cupcakes in a box to bring along. She got ready and was about to take her handbag when the doorbell rang. 

"Good morning!!" Kyuhyun covered his face with a bouquet of roses, the brought it down before passing it to his girl. 

"Kyu! Thank you!!! And you are early!" Sungmin took the roses and smell them. 

"Halmeoni left already?" 

"Yes, she just left. Come in, I put these in a vase and we can go" Sungmin pulled Kyuhyun's hand. 

Once inside, Kyuhyun pulled her and kissed her. "I missed you... And you look so pretty today! 1st time I see you in jeans!!" 

Sungmin giggled. "I don't know why, but I always felt shorter when I'm in jeans, so I prefer dresses" 

"Your height is just nice for me. When I hug you, you fit nicely in my arms and I just want to keep you here forever" 

"So cheesy..." Sungmin playfully beat him and went to the kitchen to look for a vase. 

Kyuhyun followed her "It's the truth!! I think we are really soulmates. We fit nicely in every sense"

"Except your jealousy..."

"I thought I'm forgiven already... Or do you want me to sing to you again??"

"Ohh Kyu, you have a really beautiful voice!!! You can sing very well!!"

"Hmmm well, I sing to special people only..." Kyuhyun said with a straight face.

"You mean, besides me, you have other special people?" Sungmin looked at him with her hands on her hips, waiting for him to reply her.

"Yeah I have several..."

Sungmin raised her eyebrows, daring him to say.

Kyuhyun started counting "I have Lee Sungmin, I have my fiance, I have my secretary, I have my girlfriend, and I have my pretty girl in jeans. So 5 special ones" and he laughed out loud when Sungmin playfully beat him again. 

Kyuhyun was happy. This was what he has been hoping, for Sungmin to feel at ease with him. It was really a good progress!! 

They walked to Kyuhyun's car after Sungmin locked up the house. Kyuhyun put the box of cupcakes at the back seat. 

Suddenly there was a car honk. "Sungminnie!!" and Sungmin looked towards the back and was surprised that a car stopped and Kangin put out his head. She scared that Kyuhyun would be jealous again so she just waved from where she stood.

"Hi Kangin-oppa! What are you doing here?"

Kyuhyun hugged her waist and gestured her to go nearer to Kangin's car. "It's okay, don't worry" he said softly to Sungmin. He gave a slight bow to Kangin and said "hi" to him.

"Hi Mr Cho. Hi Sungminnie. Are you two going somewhere? Sorry if I disturb you. I just want to pass this to you" and he passed a card to Sungmin.

"Oppa, you are getting married? Congratulations!!"

Kyuhyun was shouting hallelujah in his heart. "Congratulations for your marriage, Kangin-ssi" 

"Re-marry! Jessica agreed to reconcile back with me for the sake of our daughter. So we will have a simple church wedding and I only invited a few people. Mr Cho, do come too!"

"Ohhh oppa, I'm so happy for you!!! Your daughter must be the happiest to have you two back together!! She is not with you today?"

"I'm meeting her and Jessica after this! Okay, send my regards to halmeoni! See you all soon!" Kangin waved and drove off.

Sungmin turned to her gorgeous fiancee "See, there is nothing to be jealous about. He has always loved his ex-wife Jessica..."

Kyuhyun smile "Yeah, I'm admit that I was jealous. But doesn't it showed that I love you a lot, that's why I was jealous hmmm.. ?" he and pinched her nose. 

Sungmin smile "Mr Cho, I'm always yours and will always be"

Kyuhyun kissed her briefly "And I'm always yours, my soulmate!" and he took her hand "Alright let's go".

The drive took 20 minutes and Kyuhyun led her to his apartment. It was huge and upscale, and Sungmin was impressed that everything was neat and tidy.

"Welcome to our home!"

"Your home, you mean..."

"I want us to stay here after our wedding" Kyuhyun put his arm around her slim waist.

"But Kyu, I.. I can't leave halmeoni alone. Can we stay at halmeoni's house instead?"

"But we will have our own life. We can visit halmeoni on weekends..."

Sungmin was quiet. How could she move out and let her grandmother stay alone...? Now she felt lost, and torn between Kyuhyun and her halmeoni...