Chapter 9

Rhythm Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAEYEON

“Hey! Are you ready, Lee?” I looked up when the door burst opens revealing a duck, "It's your wedding day, dude! You’re supposed to be happy.” She said before sitting on the bed as she looks at me through the mirror.

We’re currently at my hotel room because, as what Yena said, today is our wedding. I don’t know what to feel because everything is happening so fast that I don’t have any chance to get hold of what’s happening.

“It’s a ing arranged marriage, Choi.” I said before sighing as I look at my reflection, staring at my own self, “How can I be happy?”

“Well, you’ll get yourself a pretty wife?” I glare at her through the mirror after hearing what she said, “Kidding, but she isn’t that bad though?”

I just rolled my eyes before fixing my suit—yeah, I’m wearing a freaking white suit for the wedding. Our parents decided on what we’re going to wear so I don’t have any idea about Eunbi’s look today but I’m sure she’ll be beautiful as always.

I looked at the door when I heard a soft knock before it opens, “Hey, you’re going first, Chaeyeon.” Hyewon said as she peeks at the door, “Your car is waiting for you downstairs.”

“Where’s Mom and Dad?” I asked before picking up my phone and walking towards the door with Yena following behind.

Hyewon gave way as I walked out, “They’re already there.” The wedding will be held at the wedding hall owned by my parent’s friends. “Eunbi will be there 10 minutes after you got there, okay?”

I just gave her a nod as we enter the elevator. I cannot think straight knowing that I’ll be married in a few hours. I don’t exactly know what to feel right now.   

“We’ll be at the car behind yours, okay?” Hyewon said as we reached my car before tapping my shoulder, “We’ll see you at the hall.” She added as I enter the car.

It didn’t take us that long to reach the hall as it is quite near to the hotel where we’re staying. The wedding hall was not that full of people as we decided to invite just a few close friends, families, and trusted investors.

“Chaeyeon, come here,” my Mom approached me before giving me a hug, “Smile, sweetheart. I’m sorry; I cannot do anything to stop your father.” She whispered to me as her hug tightens.

I hug her with the same warm she’s giving me, “It’s okay, Mom.”

We pulled out from the hug when my father approaches us with Chaeryeong tailing behind him. He looked at me before giving me a short hug, “I’m proud of you, Chaeyeon.” He said tapping my shoulder.

“Hey twin,” Chaeryeong greeted me before hugging me as well, “She’s really nice just like what you said. And I swear, you won’t regret this.” I looked at her with confusion after we pulled out from the hug but she just grins at me.

After a few minutes, we were called by the organizer to fall in line as the ceremony will start in a soon. A couple of minutes of waiting before I heard the music playing inside the wedding hall as the entourage starts walking in the aisle.

When I reached the stage with my parents beside me, I patiently wait for my bride as I look at the grand door of the wedding hall. I felt myself tensing up when the door opens revealing my soon-to-be-wife wearing her white elegant off-shoulder wedding dress.

! She’s damn beautiful. Words really can’t describe her enough. She’s enchanting! Am I really going to marry her?

I stare at her a little bit longer when she stops in front of me as her father reaches out her hand for me to hold. I bowed down to her parents before reaching her hands, holding it a bit tighter and gentler.

“Take care of her, Chaeyeon.” I just nodded at her father after hearing his request. “I’m entrusting my daughter to you now.” He added before turning his back on us as he took a seat.

The ceremony started smoothly with no one stopping our wedding. And now we’re on the part where we would say our vows, “And today, after the exchange of I do’s,” the officiant looked at the two of us before continuing, “We’re hearing the words of sincerity and love from the brides as they say their promises to each other and to everyone witnessing this celebration of being one.” He added before he signals us to say of vows to each other.

I faced Eunbi before giving out a small smile as I remember what my mother gave me to memorize as my vow, but I won’t say those. I don’t know what’s happening to me but I want to say everything from my heart. Our wedding must be an arranged one but she’s important to me as well.

I stare at her asking for some relief, “Kwon Eunbi,” I called out before heaving a sigh then turning to look at our guests before looking at her again, “Honestly, I never saw myself marry anyone. I was so sure of being alone all my life but then I got to meet you. When I saw you enter that restaurant, I felt everything stopped. You were owning that freaking black dress, babe. Seeing you walking towards me with your head bowed down, I promise to m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter