Chapter 39

Rhythm Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAEYEON

We’ve been sitting on my bedroom’s couch for a few minutes now and there’s still no words being uttered. She’s just looking down at her hands as she plays with them.

I sighed before looking at her, “So, wha—I’m sorry,” She cut me off, “I-I know this is long overdue, I mean it’s been 5 years but still, I want to say sorry.” She clenched the hem of her shirt before shifting her gaze away from me.

“I don’t want to hurt you. God, I can’t hurt you because if I do I would hate myself but then I did. I hurt you, made you cry, and I hate myself because of it,” She sighed, her voice cracking, “But I didn’t mean to hurt you, Chaeyeon. S-Sian... S-She drugged me that nig—”

“What?” My forehead creasing, “She drugged you?” I can’t believe what the hell I’m hearing right now.

She nodded, smiling softly, “She did and I don’t what happened next. The next thing I knew you don’t want to see me anymore.” She gulped, her hand tightening its hold at her shirt, “Then, Hyewon talked to me. God knows how much I wanted to explain everything to you but…then you left.” She looked at me, her eyes b with tears.

“Eunbi.” I could feel the lump forming in my throat. I feel so guilty because I didn’t give her the chance to explain herself and just let my emotions control me.

“I wanted to go after you and explain my side but,” She let out a deep breath, “But everyone told me to give you time, so I did. I just didn’t know you would take this long but —damn, how can I just stop loving you?” She sobbed.

And my heart broke into pieces after hearing her last words, she wants to stop loving me.

I looked at her and my heart clenches at the sight. Tears are wetting her soft cheeks as she bit her lips to prevent a sob.

I gulped the lump in my throat as I move closer to her, “Eunbi, I-I’m sorry,” I grabbed her clenched hands, “I’m really sorry. I should’ve listened to you and let you explain. I’m sorry for letting my emotions control me.”

She shakes her head, “It’s not your fault. You were hurt and it’s just normal for you to react that way.” She let out a gentle smile before pulling her hands away as she wipes her tears.

I watched her wipe her tears silently but her tears just won’t stop from falling so I cupped her cheeks and wipe her warm tears. I could feel her stiffening from the contact but I don’t care. I hate seeing her cry because of me.

I sighed before pulling her for a hug, “Stop crying, Eun,” I rubbed circles on her back, trying to calm her, “You know how much I hate seeing you cry.”

I felt her nodding against my shoulder as she buries her face deeper unto my neck, “I missed this.” She said as she tightens her hold on me.

“I missed you.” I whispered, “I really missed you.”

But instead of a reply, I just heard another sob from her so I kissed her head softly, trying to comfort her.

I let her calm down in my hold for a few minutes, “Thank you,” She said the moment we pull away from the contact.

I shake my head, “No, thank you.” I h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter