Chapter 17

Rhythm Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
EUNBI

“You really won’t talk to me?” I looked up when I heard Chaeyeon’s voice as she took the seat in front of me, “You’ve been avoiding me since yesterday night.” She added staring at me.

“I’m sorry, Chae,”

“Minju told me you did well on your thesis defense,” She said before taking a bite on her breakfast, “Is that the reason why you went to our university?”

I nodded, “I was supposed to ask you to celebrate it with me,” I said.

“Then let’s celebrate it today,” She said as she meets my gaze, “We got nothing to do anyway.” She added before smiling.

Seeing her smile brought a smile to my face as well, “Really?”

She nodded, “And we have so many things to talk about, Eun,”

I hummed before giving her a small nod, “I’ll go and prepare now,” I said before standing up, “I take so much time to prepare, so I need to prepare now.” I heard her giggle before I went up and enter our shared bedroom.

I sigh as I enter our bathroom, “What to do now, Eunbi?” I said to myself, “How can I say it to Chaeyeon?” I don’t know how to open it to her, especially after what Sakura said to me. I’m too scared to say those to Chaeyeon.

With a sigh, I quickly took a shower before dressing up with a simple pair of shirt and shorts with my favorite sneakers, “Are you done?” Chaeyeon asked as she knocked on the other side of the door.

I looked at myself for the last time before opening the door. Chaeyeon welcomes me with her soft smile as soon as I open the door, “I’ll wait for you downstairs,” I said letting her enter our room.

She nodded before closing the door behind her. I keep myself busy with my phone as I wait for Chaeyeon. And still thinking about how I would tell her what Sakura told me.

I didn’t notice she has been staring at me from the stair until she coughed, “Are you okay?” She asked before sitting beside me, “You know you can tell me anything, right?” She added staring deeply into my eyes.

I smile as I meet her gaze, “Don’t worry about me,” I grab her hands as I stand up, “Today is a happy day, Chae. Let’s go!” I said pulling her up, urging her to stand up.

She shakes her head, chuckling before standing up, “Where do you want to go then?” She asked as we walk out of the house.

I looked at her, “I don’t know?” She laughed hearing my answer and I can’t help but laugh with her as well.

She shakes her head before opening the car door for me, “Picnic?” She asked when I took a seat with her standing outside beside me.

I nodded, “That’s nice!" I said enthusiastically.

She chuckles before closing the car door as she walks towards the other side of the car, “Let’s go and buy some snacks first,” She said as she starts the car engine before driving off.

 

When we enter the food mart, I immediately run towards the drinks area and got hold of 2 bottles of my favorite soda, “Wow, I can’t believe you left me for that,” Chaeyeon said as she stopped beside me with a cart.

I just smiled at her before putting the drinks in the cart, “What snacks do you want?” I asked hooking my arm on her own as she continues to push the cart in front of us.

“You can choose, Eun,” She said smiling at me, “I’ll eat anything you want.”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course,” She said as we walk, looking for possible snacks that we can eat, “Anything but seafood,” She added smirking at me.

I just rolled my eyes at her, “Fine,” I said as I walk ahead of her.

“Hey, Eunbi, wait up,” I heard her called out making me stop walking, “Walk with me,” She said as takes hold of m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter