Chapter 40

Rhythm Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9 years ago, Chaeyeon married the woman she never thought she would love with everything that she has. Meeting Kwon Eunbi would always be a blessing to her, knowing the latter will forever be her treasure, and loving the same woman in almost a decade is her forever choice.

Chaeyeon couldn’t even imagine not loving Eunbi. She spent a good amount of her life loving the other girl and she would gladly do it over and over again—without any second damn thoughts.

Eunbi might have hurt her in the process of loving her but pain is inevitable, right? Loving someone would always come with hurting them, may it be intentional or not. Because when Chaeyeon thought of falling in love, Eunbi is still the first name that comes to her mind.

“Chaeyeon”

Chaeyeon looks up from the letter she was writing, “Hey, you came with Gaeun?” Chaeyeon stood up before pulling Sakura into a hug.

Sakura nodded as she returns the hug, “Yeah, she’s downstairs.”

As they pull away, Sakura stares at Chaeyeon with a gentle smile, “What?” Chaeyeon chuckled seeing the curve on the older’s lips.

“I’m just so happy for you,” Sakura started, “A lot of things happened and I’m so proud of you that you were able to overcome those. I know I hurt you and caused many problems to you but I’m just so happy you forgave me and let me be your friend again.”

Chaeyeon smiled, “That was all in the past and who am I not to forgive you?”

“Eunbi must have really influenced you good. You know, you weren’t that kind ten years ago.” Sakura teased earning a smack on her shoulder, “What? You were literally a walking ice but then, Kwon Eunbi happened.”

“I’m sorry.”

Sakura frowned, “For what?”

“For hurting you, I guess,” Chaeyeon mumbled, “It might be a decade late but I still want to say sorry. It was a toxic relationship and we both know it but we just turned a blind eye into and then everything just happened.”

“It was never your fault, Chaeyeon.”

Chaeyeon shakes her head, “It was also my fault, we never got the closure we both needed. And I know I also hurt you.”

Sakura shrugged, “Guess, it was all meant to happen one way or another.” She looked at the taller, “But we’re both happy now, right?”

Chaeyeon nodded, “Very.”

“Then, it’s all worth it.”

After Sakura bid her goodbye, Chaeyeon returns to her paper continuing what she was writing earlier. Her mind going back to her memories with her loved ones, with Kwon Eunbi.

She was so busy that she didn’t notice another person barging in inside her room until the said person smack her back.

“What the heck?” Chaeyeon hissed as she stood up.

Chaewon just laughed at her, “You were so busy that you didn’t notice I came in, idiot.”

Chaeyeon rolled her eyes, “You could’ve just called me.” She said still rubbing her back, “What are you doing here anyway?”

“I’m here to congratulate you.” Chaewon sat at the end of Chaeyeon’s bed, “I honestly couldn’t picture you marrying another girl. Thank God, you’re not.”

Chaeyeon nodded as she sits at her previous chair, “I can’t even imagine myself spending everyday with someone that is not her.”

Chaewon let a gentle smile lingers on her lips as she watches her best friend smile at the thought of spending her life with Kwon Eunbi. She knows that Chaeyeon is genuinely happy seeing the glow and aura that her best friend is emitting.

“I’m happy for you.” She muttered lowly, embarrassed at the sudden show of affection after literally smacking the hell out of Chaeyeon, “Damn, we’re not really into this kind of stuff but really, I’m so happy for you.”

Chaeyeon laughed after seeing her best friend blushing in embarrassment, “You’re so red but thank you, Won.” She smiled.

Chaewon stood up before pulling Chaeyeon into a short hug, “Be happy, Chaeyeon.” She mumbled.

Chaeyeon watched her best friend get out of her room, “Are they lining up outside?” She asked herself.

“We are.”

Chaeyeon snapped her head towards her door, seeing a grinning duck making her way towards her.

Chaeyeon chuckled, seeing the wide grin on her best friend, “Really?”

Yena nodded at her, “Hyewon’s next.” Yena said before seating on the available couch.

Chaeyeon creased her forehead, “Why are you even lining up when you can just all come in at once?”

Yena pouted, “Well, we want it be dramatic.”

Chaeyeon shakes her head, “Are we in some kind of movie?” She asked raising an eyebrow.

Ten years must have passed by but they are still that playful teenagers thinking of different things to do.

Yena grinned at her playfully, “Well, we can do that if you want. There are cameras outside we could use, you know.”

Chaeyeon rolled her eyes, “Shut it. So, what do you want to say to me, you duck?”

“I’m not a duck, you bird.” Yena pouted her already pouting lips, “But well, just like any best friend would want for her best friend, I want you to be happy. I know we didn’t have any communication for the past couple of years but I just want to tell you that I’m still your best friend, alright?”

Chaeyon smiled at Yena while nodding her head, “I am too.”

“I couldn’t be there for you for those years but given the chance now, I’ll promise to be here for you and for Eun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter