Chapter 15

Rhythm Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAEYEON

“Why is she always late?” Chaewon asked, brows furrowed, “I will surely kill that duck if she’s not here any minute now!” She hissed, frown deepening with every second that pass.

I just shake my head as I composed a message for Eunbi telling her that we’re just waiting for that dumb duck. We’re actually at our house as it is where we decided to meet up so we can go together at the event at Eunbi’s school.

“Oh, there she is!” Hyewon said pointing at the oncoming car.

We waited for it to stop in front of us and for the driver to get out, “Hi, guys,” Yena said as soon as she got out of her car, “Let’s go or we’ll be late.”

Chaewon scoffed, “We’ll be late because of you, stupid!” she said before hitting Yena’s head, “If not because of Yuri, you’ll be dead by now.” The fairy added.

“Hi, Yuri,” I greeted at the shy girl on the other side of the car, staring at us weirdly.

She gave me a small smile, “Hi, guys,” She said slowly, “Is it okay if I come too?”

I nodded, “Of course,” I answered giving her a small smile, “Everyone’s welcome anyway.”

After some arguments between us, we decided to make our way to Eunbi’s school. I’m on the car with Hyewon and Chaewon, with Hyewon driving this time while Yena and her girlfriend, Yuri, on her car.

 

As we reached the place people welcome us, too much for my liking at least. Well, it’s an open event so everyone is technically welcome here.

“Where’s your wife, Lee?” I looked at Hyewon when she nudged my shoulder, “Aren’t you going to her first?”

I shrugged, “She must be busy with the whole event,” I answered as I scan the place, the event won’t be held in the auditorium but instead on the open grounds of their campus, “I don’t want to disturb her.”

I raised my eyebrow when she scoffed at me, “You’re obviously looking for her,” She said as she shakes her head, “Look for her,” She added before pushing me away.

“Go, Chaeyeon,” Chaewon said gesturing me to go, “I know our seat, we’ll just meet you there later.”

I sighed as I continue looking for my wife. She’s not replying to me, so I assumed that she’s so busy she got no chance to compose a message for me.

“Hey, are you looking for Eunbi?” a familiar face approached me as she asked me, “Oh sorry, seems like you forgot my name. I’m Wonyoung, Eunbi’s friend.”

“Oh right, sorry,” I apologized with a small bow, “I’m not really good at remembering people,” I added.

“It’s okay,” She shakes her head with a smile, “Anyway, Eunbi’s at the backstage. You can go there if you want to.” She said as she reaches out an ID, with a ‘STAFF’ written on it.

“Thank you, Wonyoung,” I said with a small smile as we wave each other goodbye.

I heaved a sigh when I reached the backstage where people are busy pacing back and forth. Everyone here is so busy doing different things.

“Chaeyeon?” I quickly turn around hearing that familiar voice behind me, “What are you doing here?” She asked as she walks towards me.

I smiled at her bashfully, “Your friend helped me,” I answered as I wave the ID given to me by Wonyoung, “I wanted to see you.” I added.

I saw her blushed, “We just saw each other this morning,” She said with a smile.

“But you were rushing so I couldn’t get the chance to see you longer,”

“Oh shut up, Lee Chaeyeon,”

With a smile, I leaned towards her, almost closing the gap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter