Chapter 24

Rhythm Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAEYEON

I glare at Hyewon when she hit my head, “What the hell?” I hissed as I watch her move towards the seat in front of me and the other two taking their seats.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” She asked looking at me sternly, “You’ve been ignoring your wife’s call the whole day.”

I sighed as I avoid her gaze, “I don’t know, okay?” I said as I look outside our room.

“Tell me what happened.”

I looked at her, contemplating on how to start, “Honestly, I don’t know,” I said thinking about the incidents yesterday and this morning, “Something just feels heavy when I saw her smiling with her friend last night in front of our house.”

“You’re jealous, stupid.” She smirked as she took a bite on her sandwich which I didn’t notice that she’s been holding, “Are you that dumb?”

I rolled my eyes, “Everything is a first time for me, Kang.” I said.

She nodded, “I know,” She patted my shoulder, “And I understand but Chaeyeon, you have to talk to Eunbi and clear things out.”

“I don’t know how to talk to her about it though,”

“She’s your wife, she will understand you.” She said before taking the last bite of her sandwich as the prof enters our room.

 

After our last class, we decided to hang out at the abandoned building. We bought some snacks and drinks for us to share as we walk to talk about our own lives.

“Minju told me about the friend Eunbi was with yesterday,” Hyewon said as we sat down on the floor, “She’s Lee Sian, a really close friend of Eunbi.”

I drink on my can of soda, “Why are you telling me that?” I asked.

She shrugged, “Well, she’s the person you’re jealous of,” She said with a grin.

Chaewon laughed, “Oh, you’re finally admitting that you’re jealous?”

I shake my head before looking at the dark clouds outside, “Why would I feel jealous?” I asked, seeing how the rain pours slowly.

“Well, people usually feel jealous because they are threatened.”

I shifted my gaze towards Yena, “Threatened?”

The duck nodded, “Yeah, I usually feel that whenever I saw Yuri reacting way different to other people as she reacts to me,” She said before sipping on her drink, “I don’t like the idea of other people making her happier.”

“Isn’t it selfish?” I asked with a frown.

Yena nodded, “It is, but you see, I can’t afford to lose her,” She looked at me, “I love her and being in love makes us scared of uncertain things.”

“Chaeyeon, it’s okay to feel jealous,” Chaewon said before throwing a pack of jellies to me, “It just means you love her so much.”

I sighed as I nodded, “I love her, more than I could imagine.”

They all looked at me, not the usual teasing grins and eyes, “I feel so proud,” Hyewon said wiping her fake tears, “You’re finally feeling something,”

I rolled my eyes as they all laughed at me but seeing them laugh, I cannot help but laugh with them. We’ve been friends for so long that I don’t remember how the hell we got close but I’m really thankful that I got to meet these idiots.

We spent our time talking and laughing that we didn’t notice the time and how hard it is raining already. We just stopped when we heard thunder rumbling.

Hyewon looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter