Chapter 34

Rhythm Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“She was then, and still is, the most beautiful thing in the world to me,” Chaeyeon said shifting her gaze towards the busy street of Seoul.

“But why?” She heard the other lass asking, “Why leave her, Chaeyeon?”

Chaeyeon smiled sadly, shaking her head, “You know, sometimes love means taking a step back,” Chaeyeon looked at her friend, “If you care about somebody, you should want them to be happy, even without you in it.”

Hyewon sighed, “But you loved her.”

Chaeyeon chuckled, nodding slightly, “I still do, Hyewon.”

“You still love her?”

“I can’t imagine the day I won’t.”

Hyewon stared at her long-time friend, frustrated at what the hell is happening. She just couldn’t understand it. The two love each other; so much that they are both willing to sacrifice their own life for the other. So how did they end up like this?

“Then what happened?” Hyewon pried, she’s been frustrated this past few days because of what happened.

Chaeyeon sighed, “Time and doubt happened.”

“Chaeyeon, you could’ve just explained it to her, you know.”

The said girl nodded, though she honestly don’t know what’s the right thing to do, “I-I was about to propose to her properly, Hye.”

“Y-You what?”

Chaeyeon giggled seeing the baffled expression of Hyewon, “The night I was supposed to proposed to her,” She shifted uncomfortably on her seat, “I-I saw her…I saw her kissing Sian.”

The hamster looked at her friend wide eyed, not quite believing what she heard. It’s not like Eunbi to cheat, right? She loves Chaeyeon for freaking sake! So hearing it from her best friend, she can’t imagine how painful it was for Chaeyeon.

“Chaeyeon…”

Chaeyeon laughed half-heartedly, not wanting to see any pity in her friend’s eyes, she looked down on her coffee, “I just want her to be happy. I can’t just lock her up with me just because I love her.”

“You could’ve just said everything to her!” Hyewon feels her chest tightening just seeing her best friend, the so strong Lee Chaeyeon, looking so fragile in front of her, “Tell her and confront her about it. You both deserve some kind of closure.”

“I tried. God, I tried confronting her about it,” Chaeyeon breathed heavily, “But every damn time, I would feel myself suffocating just by seeing her.”

Hyewon cannot say anything; all she could do is to look at her friend. How can someone hurt her best friend like this? Chaeyeon doesn’t deserve this.

“I’m ing ready to do everything for her,” Chaeyeon smiled sadly, “God Hyewon, what should I do now?”

“I’m sorry, Chae.” Hyewon said, before leaning forward to pat Chaeyeon’s shoulder softly.

The two let silence conquered them, letting the soft noise from the outside of the café comforts them completely oblivious of the pair of eyes watching them.

 

“Are you sure about this?” Yena asked as she watches Chaeyeon pack her stuffs. “You know, you don’t have to do this, Lee.”

“I have to, Choi.”

“Talk to her about it. You can’t just waste those 4 years of your relationship with her.”

Chaeyeon looked at Yena, “She wasted it, Yena,” She hissed, “She ing wasted it th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter