Chapter 12

Rhythm Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAEYEON

“Hey, Eunbi,” I softly tapped her cheeks as we stopped in front of our house, “C ‘mon, wake up. We’re home.” I said before going out of the car and rush on her side, so I could help her go down. As we enter our house, I immediately guide her to sit on the couch as I go in our kitchen to get her some water.

“Thank you,” she said as she gets hold of the glass of water I’m holding. I just nodded before going back to the kitchen, checking our stocks.

I need to cook something for our dinner. Well, we just got home from her practice. She actually begged for me to allow her to stay. I don’t really want her to stay there but she won’t stop crying. Frustrated, I let her do what she wants and it upsets the hell out of me.

As I was checking our stocks, my phone vibrated against the fabric of my pants. Fishing it out from my pocket; I looked at the caller’s name before answering the call, “What now?” I asked as I put my phone in between my shoulder and ear.

“Don’t be so harsh on me, Chaeyeon.”

I rolled my eyes as I put the chicken down on the sink letting the ice covering on it melt, “Shut up, Sakura.” I said as I get hold of my phone.

I heard a chuckle from her, “I heard you got married,” she said, her voice suddenly laced with anger, “So, who’s the lucky girl?”

“None of your business.”

“I know you just marry her for money,” She said and I swear, I can see her smirking, “Come back to me, Chaeyeon.”

I knitted my brows before I let out a scoff, “Are you ing serious?” I laughed, “You cheated on me, Sakura. And you think you will get me back just because you asked?”

“Chae—Stop this nonsense,” I cut her off, “We’re long done, Sakura,” I said before ending the call. Ghad, she just made me feel more frustrated.

Shaking my head, I start preparing the ingredients before cooking. I almost forgot the chicken on the sink as my emotions are clouding my mind.

I was busy cutting some onions when I felt someone staring at me, boring holes on my head. I sigh before turning around meeting her gaze, “What?” I asked.

She just shakes her head before walking or should I say, limping towards the sink holding her glass. I just looked at her quietly, watching every move she makes in case she hurt herself again.

With a sigh, I approached her before guiding her towards the kitchen stool, “Just stay here.” I said before going back to what I’m doing, not waiting for any response from her.

 

We were quietly eating when I noticed Eunbi fidgeting on her seat, “What’s wrong?” I asked as I knitted my brows in confusion, “Does your foot hurt?”

She looks at me before shaking her head, “I-I…nevermind,” She said as she goes back to eating.

I nodded not before glancing at her, “Okay,”

The whole dinner was freaking quiet and awkward as we barely talk to each other. It’s not the usual how-was-your-day dinner. It was an awfully quiet one as you could only hear the utensils hitting the plate once in a while.

“Uhm, I-I’ll wash the dishes,” She volunteered before standing up not without wincing. Seeing her state, I quickly walk beside her to help her stand up.

I let my hand rest on her waist while the one is gripping on her arm, “No, I’ll do it,” I said as we walk, “You should rest now.”

“B-But you already cooked,” She said looking down on her feet, “It’s the least I could do.”

“You’re hurt, okay?” I said as I sigh, “I will let you do it once you’re fully okay but for now, you have to rest.” I added as we make our way towards our bedroom.

“Thank you, Chaeyeon.” She says as I let her sit on our bed. I just gave her a small nod before going out of our room to clean our mess in the kitchen.  

After cleaning our mess, I quickly make a call. I need to let my frustrations out or else, I would burst at Eunbi and that’s the last thing I want to happen, “Hey, what’s up?”

“Can we meet now?” I asked as I walk towards my car, “I just need to rant.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter