Chapter 35

Rhythm Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAEYEON

“Chaeyeon!” I snapped my head towards that loud voice, “I missed you.” I smiled when she engulfed me into a warm tight hug.

I return the hug, swaying our bodies together, “I missed you too.” I sighed against her shoulder, “It’s been what, 3 years, right?” I asked after pulling away from the hug.

She nodded before putting her arm around my shoulder, “You’ve been hiding from everyone a year after you stayed at New York, stupid.”

I laughed before nodding, “Life has been hard, you know.”

She nodded, “Yeah, so how are you?”

“I’m good,” I said softly, “I’m the company’s CEO now and everything’s falling into places now.”

She glanced at me, maybe checking if I’m really happy before nodding slightly. “Where are you staying anyway?” She asked once we stopped in front of her car.

“I booked a hotel room already,” I answered before checking my phone where I put the details about the hotel, “Can you just bring me there?”

She nodded, “But are you sure?” She looks hesitant as we put my luggage inside the car’s compartment, “You can just stay at our place, you know.”

I shook my head, “Thanks, Sakura,” I said, smiling softly, “I don’t want to watch you being clingy to Gaeun.”

Sakura scoffed, “She’s the clingy one,” She said making me laugh.

Sakura and I reconciled during my first year of staying in New York. She asked for forgiveness and we became friends after a few months of being business partners. Yeah, we became business partners, she told me that she underwent some therapy for a few months and that’s the time where she realized how messy her life was.

She went back here in Seoul last year with her fiancée, Lee Gaeun, which is also my close friend. And yeah, I asked her to come and pick me up at the airport because no one actually knows where I was except Sakura and Chaeryeong.

“I forgot to call Chaeryeong.” I said once we settled ourselves inside her car, “I’ll make a call, aight?” Sakura nodded before starting the car.

After a couple of rings, my twin answered the call, “Hello?”

“Ryeong?”

“Chaeyeon?” I chuckled after hearing her shocked voice.

“Yeah, I just got here in Seoul.” I told her as I look outside the car, gazing at the places I’ve missed.

“YOU WHAT?”

“I’m in Seoul.” I chuckled. I didn’t tell her that I’ll be back, no one knows except Sakura.

A few seconds have passed before I heard her talking again, “You fool! Why didn’t you tell me? Are you at the airport now?”

“Nah, Sakura picked me up.” I answered, glancing briefly at the Japanese beside me.

I checked my phone if the call is still connected when I got nothing in response, “Ryeong?” I asked when I heard different voices hissing at each other.

“O-Oh yeah?”

“What’s wrong? Are you with your friends?”

“U-Uh yeah, I’ll see you at home?”

“I’m staying at a hotel, but I can just meet you up tomorrow.”

“I’ll see you soon, twin.”

I smiled, “I’ll see you soon.” I said before ending the call.

I sighed, trying to erase that familiar voice I heard at the other line. I closed my eyes before leaning my head at the headrest. I clearly heard her voice, Kwon Eunbi’s voice.

“We’re here,” I snapped my eyes open when I heard Sakura talking; I looked at my surroundings— letting it sink in my head.

With a sigh, I shook my head, “Thanks, Sakura.” I said, beaming a grateful smile, “I would love t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter