Chapter 31

Rhythm Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAEYEON

“Where’s Eunbi?” I turn around to face my Dad as he stops in front of me.

I sighed before taking a seat at the lone bench at our building’s rooftop, “She’s at the hospital,” I answered, “Her doctor just let her out for a couple of hours but she still needs to stay there.” I added as I watch him take the empty spot beside me.

A moment of silence then conquered us, just the wind blowing and the birds chirping are all you could hear. The sun is already setting in front of us, its orange hue covering the waters of the ocean.

“What do you want to talk about?”

I clenched my teeth as I remember the reason why I’m here, sitting beside my father, “I’m sure you know what happened to Eunbi,” I said, “I need your help to make sure that the person who did it to her will get her deserved punishment.” I looked at him after saying what I want.

I heard him sighed before looking at me, “Chaeyeon, you know that Miyawaki is a big name and it will be hard to face them.”

“But we’re Lee’s!” I looked at him as I stand up, “We are much more powerful than them, Dad. Please, just this one, let’s use that power.”

He stares at me for a few good seconds, “Okay, but let me handle this,” He said before standing up as he faced me, “Just put your focus on your wife.” He added before turning on his heels as he walks towards the exit.

“Thanks, Dad,” I said before he completely goes out of the door.

He stops midway before facing me with a small smile on his face, “Anything for my heiress,” He said before completely going out of the door.

I cannot help but let out a sigh of relief after he closes the door behind him. I looked at the view beneath me; it’s already dark as the sun completely takes its rest. The loud world below me as car horns and people shuffling their way towards their own destinations.

A vibration on my pants pocket wakes me up from my trance. I smile as I see the caller’s name, “Hey,” I softly said after answering the call.

I heard noises on the other line, “Hi,” Eunbi said, “What time will you be back?” She asked and I swear, she’s smiling.

I chuckle, “You miss me already?” I asked as I start walking towards the rooftop’s exit.

“Yes, so be here quick,” She said as she let out a soft laugh, “Your friends are here and Chaeryeong’s having a hard time calming them.”

“Okay, I’ll be there in fifteen,”

“Hm take care, I love you.”

I nodded even though she can’t see me, “I love you.” I said before ending the call.

 

After parking my car, I immediately picked up my gift for Eunbi on the car’s dashboard before making my way towards her room.

“Yena! I told you that’s mine!” I heard Chaewon saying as I stop in front of the room, “You better give it to me before I kill you!”

The sight of Chaewon holding Yena’s collar who is eating a piece of chicken welcomes me the moment I open the door. I scan the room and saw Hyewon eating a slice of pizza on the couch and Yuri and Minju having some moments with Eunbi on her bed.

I closed my eyes before letting out a sigh, “Stop it you two,” I said before walking towards Eunbi, “You’re making a mess, stupid.” I added glaring at them.

Chaewon harshly let go of Yena’s collar before sitting at the couch beside Hyewon, “I will end your life later.” She said.

Yena just let out a tongue before taking another bite on her chicken. I just shake my hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter