Chapter 7

Rhythm Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAEYEON

“Move faster, duck!” Chaewon shouted before putting her bag inside the van, “I don’t want to get into some traffic jam.” It’s already been a week since we went here and now is our time to go home. And Yena being her slow self is being reprimanded again by our friends.

“It’s still early, stupid! It's just nine in the morning for Pete's sake!” Yena replies before throwing her bag at the car trunk before going at the driver seat, “And I’ll be the one driving anyway!”

“Stop it, guys.” The two shuts up after receiving a glare from Hyewon who’s already seated at the back most part of the van, “Let me sleep.”

After the bickering between my friends, we all settled ourselves inside the van ready to go. Eunbi is still sitting beside me as we were seated at the same place where we sat the day we went here.

“Who’s driving after we get off at the airport?” Yena asked as she looks at the rear view mirror.

Chaewon raised her hand, “I’ll drive.” Yena just nodded as she continues to drive.

Halfway on our way to the airport when I received a call from my Dad earning a curious look from Eunbi, “Yes, Dad?” I asked after answering the call.

I heard him cough before replying, “Go straight home and bring Eunbi with you.”

“What? Why?”

“We’re going to talk about your wedding.” I heard him say before ending the call not giving me the chance to talk.

I looked at Eunbi after the call, “You’ll go home with me, ‘kay?”

She furrowed her eyebrows, “Why?”

“You’ll know it later.”

 

“Bye guys! Go home safe!” Yena waved at us as she enters the airport with Yuri, “See you in a few days!” We just gave her a wave and a nod as we drove away with Chaewon driving this time.

“Chaewon, drop us at our house,” I said before fixing Eunbi’s head on my shoulder as she fell asleep once again. Chaewon gave me a look through the rear view mirror before nodding.

Everyone else is sleeping except me and of course, Chaewon. I can’t sleep— not when I’m thinking about the reason why I need to bring Eunbi with me. I’m just kind of glad that she’s sleeping soundly beside me because she won’t be stressed out like me.

“Why are going home with her, Lee?” Chaewon asked before giving me a glance, “Is it a bad one?”

I shake my head, “I’m not really sure if it’s bad though.” I saw her raising her eyebrow signaling me to continue, “It’s about the wedding.”

She nodded slowly before stopping at the red light, “Isn’t it good?”

“Dude, we’re just marrying each other for money.”

“But that doesn’t mean you hate her.”

“And it doesn’t mean I like her.” I retaliate as she goes back to driving.

I heard her chuckle, “Gosh, I thought that duck is the only stupid one.” She said before looking at me again through that damn rear-view mirror, “I never thought you’re like Choi.”

“Shut up, Kim.”

 

When we reached our home, our families welcomed us. Eunbi’s parents are also here smiling at us as we eat at our dining area. My parents are just the same, looking at us like we’re some kids. They honestly look creepy with those wide smiles and sparkly eyes.

I sigh, “Can you stop staring a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter