Chapter 8

Rhythm Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
EUNBI

It’s been a while since I last saw Chaeyeon and talked to her. The last time we talked was when we had that marriage talk with our parents and that was like a week ago and yeah, in two weeks’ time, we’re going to get married.

We already went back to school after that short term break and I got busy with my school projects since I’m a graduating student and the same thing with Chaeyeon. We actually never got the chance to personally talk about our marriage. And that thought frustrates and saddens me.

I don’t really know how many times I sighed just this morning. I don’t know why I’m feeling heavy, I feel weird. It seems like something is missing but I don’t know what is.

“Hey, Eunbi,” I looked up when I felt a tapped on my shoulder, “You’re spacing out,” Minju said before taking a seat beside me.

Nako and Hitomi looked at me with worried eyes, “What’s wrong?” Nako asked before putting her drinks down.

“You’re not even eating your food.” Hitomi pointed out before glancing at me with a pout.

I shake my head before giving them a small smile assuring them that I’m okay, “I just feel a bit off but I’m okay.” Minju nodded but still looking at me with her concerned eyes while the two Japanese go back to eating.

 

We’re in the middle of our class when I received a message from my Mom telling me not to spend my night at my condo but to our house. I just quickly composed a message asking her the reason. I was looking at my professor who’s discussing the different aspects of business in which I don’t care while I wait for my mother’s reply.

I sighed when the professor dismissed us, “I need to go now, guys.” I said as I pick up my bag from my seat.

“I was just about to invite you to go to the mall.” Nako frowned while looking at me.

I just smile at them, “Daughter duties, sorry.” I hugged them one by one before leaving them.

I looked at the parking lot checking if there’s a certain familiar car waiting for me but I just got disappointed. I shake my head trying to get rid of any nonsense things from occupying my mind.

“She must be so busy.” And for the nth time this day, I sighed again.

I looked at my phone to check if there’s any message from the certain blonde, but still none. I don’t even know what the hell is happening to me. I mean, I’m not familiar with these feelings. These are all new to me and it’s all because of that one person.

 

My mother welcomes me when I arrived at our house, “Hey, go and change your clothes, okay?” She said after pulling out from the hug. “We’ll be meeting the Lee’s.”

“What?”

“We’re going to have dinner and some talk regarding your marriage here tonight.” She said before pushing me to go to my room, “You can have some rest for a while.”

I nodded before going to my room. This is it; I’m going to meet her later after all those days without hearing from her. I can’t help but feel giddy about the whole idea of seeing her later.

I quickly took a shower before changing into my comfortable clothes. I’ll just change to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter