Chapter 14

Rhythm Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAEYEON

“Finally! We’re done!” I shake my head as I watch Yena jumping in joy as soon as we got out of our classroom after we defended our thesis, "We’re basically free now, guys.”

Hyewon and Chaewon nodded agreeing on what the duck said, “We’re a month ahead of the deadline,” Hyewon said putting her bag on her shoulder, “Should we celebrate, then?”

They all looked at me waiting for my response, “Maybe after the event on Eunbi’s school?” I asked, “I have to help her. She’s been so stressed because of it.”

The three nodded understandingly, “Well, wife duty first,” Yena said looking at me teasingly, “You’re a devoted wife, I see.”

“Whatever,” I said as I start to walk towards the cafeteria with them following behind, “You guys should be there as well, okay?”

Hyewon nodded, “Of course, we’re donating anyway,” She said as we look around the almost empty vicinity of the cafeteria, “Go find a table, we’ll buy our foods.” She added before pulling the duck with her.

“How are you and Eunbi?” Chaewon immediately asked as we took our seat on the empty table near the window, “You’re not being your cold self, right?”

I rolled my eyes on her statement, “I’m not cold,” I said, “Some people just don’t deserve to be treated nicely.”

“And Eunbi deserves to be treated nice?”

“Of course,” I said without hesitation.

I knitted my brows when she smirked at me, “And you will still deny that you’re in love with her?”

I sighed, “When will that topic end?” I said before rolling my eyes again, “You keep on asking me that every damn time we’re together.”

“It will only stop once you figured it out.” She said with a smirk.

I just shake my head in annoyance as I watch Hyewon and Yena walk towards our table with a tray of foods on their hands. Once they took a seat on our table, I quickly get my share of food on the tray.

“Are you going straight home after this?” I shake my head to answer Yena’s question as I’m still munching on my food, “Where are you going?”

“Eunbi’s” I shortly answered after I swallowed my food, “They’ll have their final rehearsal today for the event tomorrow.”

“I’ll go with you.” Chaewon said after sipping on her cola, “I have to see Minju.” We all looked at her teasingly after hearing what she said.

“You’re finally making a move on my cousin,” Hyewon said patting Chaewon’s shoulder.

Chaewon just rolled her eyes, “Shut up, Kang.”

As usual, our lunch break wouldn’t end without the usual bickering of us. It’s like a normal routine for us, bickering with each other, telling each other nonsense arguments.

“We’ll go ahead, guys,” Chaewon said as we walk towards our respective cars, “See you tomorrow!” We just wave each other goodbyes as we walk in different ways.

“I’ll just meet you there, Chaewon,” I said as I open my car’s door, “I just have to buy something first,” I added before I climb on my car.

After starting my car engine, I immediately left the parking lot as I make my way to buy some food for my wife. She told me last night that they will practice a little later than usual because it’s already their final rehearsal. And I’m sure, she hasn’t eaten anything yet.

I sigh as I look at my wristwatch, checking the time, “It’s almost 3 but it’s still hot,” I mumble as I look around.

Seeing that I’m near the store, I slow down as I park my car on the empty space after. After locking my car, I quickly go inside the store to bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter