Chapter 5

Rhythm Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAEYEON

We’re currently waiting for Yena and her girlfriend, Yuri, for us to leave our house. Yesterday ended our first semester and it means, we’re having our term break now. And as what we planned before the semester ends, we’re going to the beach and that is today.

“That duck, really” Hyewon hissed as she took a seat on the couch, “She’s really slow.” I looked at Minju telling her to calm her cousin down.

We’re all sitting in our living room as we wait for the duck, well she messaged me that they’re already on their way and that was like 15 minutes ago and still no duck showed up. She’s not living that far from here and it would only take her 5-7 minutes to get here in a car.

“Hi, guys!” Yena greeted as she enters our house, her arm around her girlfriend who’s only looking at us with a shy smile, “Sorry I’m late, but don’t worry, we can go now!”  

“I would definitely kill you if you’re not with Yuri,” Hyewon said before going out and walking straight to the van before settling at back most part.

I looked at Eunbi who’s quietly watching the exchange between the two, “Let’s go, Eun.” She gave me a small nod before getting her bag.

Yena will drive with Yuri at the passenger seat while Chaewon and Minju at the next row, and Eun and I on the next row, and lastly, Hyewon at the back with some of our bags. We’re unexpectedly quiet because it’s still early; it’s actually 5 in the morning, so most of us are really sleepy.

“Are you sleepy?” I heard Chaewon asked Minju, “You can lean on me if you want.” Without second thoughts, Minju leaned on Chaewon’s shoulder.

I’m just quietly looking at the view outside, waiting for the sunrise when I felt Eunbi rocking back and forth. I looked at her and saw her fast asleep, her arms dangling on her bag. I slowly get her bag from her lap before putting it on mine and pushing her head to lie on it. My breath hitched when she stirs lightly before going back to sleep.

I sighed as I watch her sleep, “How can you be this beautiful, Kwon?” I whispered to myself before going back on watching the sunrise.

 

“Guys, we’re at the rest stop,” I woke up when I felt someone tapped my thigh, “Wake them up, so we can have some snacks.”

I looked around and saw the others asleep except me and Chaewon, and of course, Yena who woke us up. I was about to stretch my legs when I noticed a weight on it and saw Eunbi, still sleeping on the same position I put her earlier.

Hearing her soft snores, I decided to wake Hyewon first by throwing my cap on her before I looked at Eunbi. Looking at how adorable she looks while sleeping, I hesitated to wake her up but thinking that she needs to eat, I slowly tap her arms to wake her up.

“Eun, c’ mon wake up,” I cannot stop myself from smiling when she let out a whimper before opening her eyes, “Let’s go and have some snacks.”

She sits up straight before looking around her, registering what’s happening around her, “Sorry.” She rubbed her eyes before looking at me, “I fell asleep.”

“Nah, it’s okay,” I gave her a smile before looking at Hyewon who’s still lying down, “Kang, let’s go and eat snacks.” After hearing that, she instantly opens her eyes before going down through the back door of the van.

 “Let’s go, Eun.”

I went down first before assisting her to do the same, “Thanks.”

“Let’s go, I’m really hungry.”

“You’re always hungry, Kang,” Yena says and the endless bickering starts.

We all separated when we reached the foods stalls and agreed to just meet in a table after buying the food we want. “What do you want?” I looked at Eunbi as she stares at the menu in front of her.

“Uhm can I have a corndog?”

I swear my heart melt at the sight of an adorable Eunbi, “Of course, and what else?”

“And kimbap?” I nodded before ordering the stuff she wants. When I got our orders, I immediately pay for it before leading her to the table where our friends were seated.

“Oh Yuri, this is Eunbi,” Yena introduced the two when we arrived at our table, “She’s Chaeyeon’s fiancée.”

“Hi, nice meeting you.” Yuri greeted her in which Eunbi replied with a nod and a smile.

We started eating while talking once in a while and of course, our bickering will never be gone. We’re teaming up against Yena who’s now pouting at her girlfriend asking for some help but the latter only laughed at her.

 

After our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter