Chapter 6

Rhythm Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAEYEON

“What’s the real score between you and Eunbi?” Yena asked before sipping on her drinks. Well, we’re here at the shore without the others, just us— Hyewon, Yena, Chaewon, and I. We decided to hang out for a while before going to sleep.

I looked at her, “We’re engaged.” I told her like it was the most obvious thing.

“We know,” I stare at her and wait for her to continue, “But you two looks like you’re genuinely in love with each other.”

I chuckle after hearing what she said, “We’re just engaged because of money,” I stare at the sand below our feet, “Money makes our relationship works.”

“You’ll never know what could happen in the future, Lee.” I rolled my eyes at Hyewon after hearing what she said, “You will regret that in the end, I swear.”

“She’s a nice person, Chaeyeon.” Chaewon said before tapping my shoulder, “I hope you won’t hurt her just because you’re marrying each other for money.”

Yena grins, “You will fall for her, Lee Chaeyeon.”

 

When I enter our shared room, a sleeping bunny welcomes me. She’s actually facing the door so I can see her closed eyes and parted lips. She looks like an innocent child sleeping, covered by that thick blanket.

I shake my head before averting my gaze from, “Lee Chaeyeon, stop daydreaming.” I whispered to myself as I walk towards my bag to get some stuff.

I quickly enter the bathroom to wash myself up. Well, I can’t sleep with all the sand sticking on me. After fixing myself and doing all my rituals, I slowly went up on the bed and lie down beside Eunbi. I looked at her checking if I woke her up or something.

I tensed up when she turned around and faced me. it, she’s too near. I can almost feel her breath on my cheeks. I decided to just close my eyes and try my very best to sleep. I have my eyes closed for some minutes already when I felt an arm surrounding my waist.

What the hell?

I open my eyes and look at the culprit beside me, “You’re so tense, Lee.” Eunbi said as she stares straight to my eyes, “I don’t bite, so just be calm.” I can clearly hear the sleepiness on her voice as she tries to keep her eyes open.

“Did I wake you up?”

She closes her eyes before shaking her head, “Nah, I’ve been awake even before you open the door.”

“Why aren’t you sleeping yet?” I told her before fully facing her, as I stopped caring at our distance, “You look really tired.”

“I’m waiting for you,” she says, “I don’t know how much you and your friends drank so I got worried.”

I hummed after hearing her explanation, “I didn’t really drink earlier.” I say as I remove some hair that’s covering her face, “You better sleep now, Eun.”

“Hmm, goodnight, Chae.”

“Goodnight, Eun.”

 

“Shut up, Choi!” We all laughed at Yena when she got scolded by her girlfriend, “Gosh, I told you to be careful, idiot.” Well, our dearest duck tripped on some stone at the shore and she fell, face first, causing her to have some bruises on her chin.

“It’s that stupid stone’s fault, Yul.” Yena pouted as Yuri continue to put some ointment on her bruised chin.

We turn into fits of laughter again when Yuri dabbed the ointment on Yena a bit harder making the duck shout in pain, “Stop blaming the poor stone, Choi.” Yuri sighed as she put the bandage on the duck’s chin, “I told you not to run and yet you did.”

We’re currently here at the lounge area of our villa after Yena’s downfall earlier, we decided to just stay here and res

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter