Chapter 7 - Admittance

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The least Seulgi wanted was her best friend being mad at her. But now, listening to the tone of her best friend, Seulgi knew she was in deep .

 

Wendy dragged her to their spot, where the three of them hid themselves to slack or gossip. It was a kiosk with no walls, only four columns. It was under a tree, it provided a good cooling effect under the hot sun. When it was not raining heavily, it was a perfect spot to avoid the rain. They loved it there.

 

When they reached, Wendy released Seulgi's hand. Wendy quickly showed her concern about Seulgi's hand.

 

"I hope I didn't hurt your hand, I made sure I didn't grab it too tight."

 

"N-no." Seulgi lowered her gaze, couldn't bring herself to look at Wendy.

 

"So, why are you avoiding me?"

 

"Because of Joohyun unnie came back, I figured you need to catch up with her." Seulgi didn't lie, at least she told Wendy part of the truth.

 

"We all know that's not the main reason."

 

"I-I..." Seulgi didn't know where to start.

 

"Seulgi, we are family, and family doesn't lie to each other. Family doesn't hide things from each other."

 

Seulgi put her hand to cover her face while her tears couldn't stop flowing down her face, choked out, "I just want you to be happy."

 

Wendy expected the breakdown, judging her best friend's past behaviour. Seulgi tended to run away from her problems, having this wishful thinking of it would never be a problem when she didn't acknowledge it. So, she buried her head into the sand like an ostrich, concealed, didn't feel, assumed others and herself didn't notice and wouldn't know. She thought this was for the best, but it wasn't, obviously. She had to face the music and the guilt was eating her alive. was not only suffocated by the crying, also the unspoken truth she hid from Wendy. She thought of the possibility of them reconciling right after Wendy's accident, how perfect it would be if four of them went on a double date. It was all her fault, to hide it from Wendy and Joohyun-unnie. The countless time they wasted because of her, and she couldn't rewind it back.

 

Wendy was apparently opposite, Wendy always confronted the problem, solved it and then moved on. Wendy hated the baggage, thinking it would weigh her down. Hence, Wendy wouldn't want herself to dwell in regret in the future. She made sure herself to give it all or try her best when she set her mind to accomplish something. She wouldn't dwell in the past for too long, because she knew what already past should be left in the past, reminiscing it wouldn't help her in the future. She always focus on the present, trying to make full use of it.

 

As Seulgi was catching her breath from too much of crying,Wendy walked toward her best friend and hugged her best friend tightly, hoping Seulgi felt her love conveyed by her hug.

 

"Why did you hide Irene from me?"

 

After sending Joohyun, Seungwan asked Seulgi to sit on the co- driver seat. She didn't want to initiate any conversation with anyone as there were Joohyun's friends in the car too. Seulgi looked at Seungwan worriedly, seeing the hollow gaze from Seungwan who was focusing on the road. Seulgi would never forgot that gaze. Son Seung Wan was one of the most lively person in this world Seulgi knew. But, seeing her friend being this lifeless, soulless, Seulgi couldn't bring herself to imagine the pain, hurt and aching Seungwan was experiencing at the moment. She slowly held out her hand to grip Seungwan's trembling hand which was holding tightly on the steering wheel as it would provide support that Seungwan needed.

 

Seungwan jumped at the sudden contact, turning toward Seulgi. When Seungwan's eyes met with her bestfriend's worrying gaze, the tears Seungwan was trying so hard to hold finally threatened to fall, Seungwan quickly flashed a non-convincing smile and used the other hand to hold back her bestfriend's hand to assure she was fine. She, then, quickly turned her attention back to the road. Seulgi pretended not to notice one tear dripped from her left eye and it was immediately wiped by Seungwan by the free hand.

 

 

When they arrived Joy's house from the airport, Wendy excused herself, saying she needed to alone. Seulgi wanted to follow but she was stopped by Joy.

 

"Let her be. She needs it." Joy held Seulgi's wrist.

 

Seulgi couldn't hide her worry but reluctantly agreed with a nod. 'Okay.'

 

 

It had been an hour, Seungwan still hadn't showed up to the class though Seulgi already signed in for her. Seulgi couldn't stop her mind from imagining different case scenarios, one was worse than the other. Each time when she thought about it, her fist grip got a little tighter.

 

Once the ring rung, she just bolted out from the class. She went into a frenzy search throughout the whole school, but Seungwan was nowhere to see. As she was catching breath on the staircase to balcony, she thought of one place.

 

"How could I miss that place!" She was so frustrated at herself, only thought about this now. Then, she quickly turned around and ran down the staircase.

 

The relief she felt was immediate when she heard Seungwan's sobbing across the door. It was an empty room which was no longer being used, and it was really far from the main buildings. Students rarely used and weren't allowed to enter the area. They used it to hide when they wanted to skip class. It was their secret place, where too many memories were created in this place. 

 

As Seulgi walked closer to the door, the sobbing noise slowly quietened, Seungwan noticed someone was here.

 

She knew Seungwan was definitely there, so she stood behind the door, asking Seungwan's permission to go in, "Seungwan, can I come in?"

 

There was no response, only sobbing was heard. It shattered Seulgi's heart into pieces, covered with her fingers, choked out a sob, "I know you are in there, Seungwan, please, just let me in."

 

The door was opened, Seulgi looked up and saw her best friend, Seungwan who was lively, high-spirited and energetic was long gone. All Seulgi saw was the sorrow, despair and misery in Seungwan's eyes. Her eyes was swollen, and full of blood vessel from too much of crying, the tear strain was too visible despite Seungwan's effort to wipe it away.

 

The least Seulgi wanted was to see her best friend to cry like this.

 

Seulgi teared up again at what she saw, lunged forward to hug her best friend, not knowing what to do to take away Seungwan's misery.

 

Seungwan just stood there, letting Seulgi hugged her, her voice was hoarse from crying, 'Seulgi, it hurt, Why does it hurt so much?" Seungwan's voice cracked at the last word.

 

"... When you woke up, even though you lost your memory, but you were happier, at least you were the Seungwan I knew again. So when Joohyun asked about you, I assured she you were fine, knowing she would reach out to you if she knew you lost your memory. So, I hid you two from each other."

 

Wendy shut her eyes at the fragments of flashback while listening to Seulgi. The headache also appeared immediately along with it. Seulgi felt Wendy's grip around her waist tightened, she quickly loosen their hug, and checked Wendy.

 

"Seungwan?"

 

"I'm fine." Seungwan opened her eyes and assured Seulgi. She continued,"You should have told me earlier."

 

"I thought Joohyun-unnie wouldn't come back here, I thought she would stay there. Sorry, I understand if you wanted to stop seeing me again."

 

"Family doesn't leave each other when they have a small bump." Wendy looked at Seulgi lovingly. 

 

Seulgi tackled Wendy into a hug, burying her face into Wendy's neck, crying out loud.

 

Wendy smiled contently while returning the hug, caressing her best friend's hair.

 

"Why did you say I don't get to do it anymore?" Seulgi asked, when her crying slowly subsided into hiccups and stopped.

 

"Remember when you thought Joy wanted to break up with you, and you stayed at your dorm for three days and wouldn't come out no matter what,  just to prevent the confrontation?"

 

"Seulgi, could you please open the door?" Joy tried to twist the knob to open the door but failed. She defeatedly sighed then she massaged her temples at her girlfriend sudden isolation. Wendy and Joy were standing outside Seulgi's door, all the people passing by gived them a baffled look.

 

It was the third day since Seulgi's disappearance, she suddenly vanished from Wendy and Joy. No call, no text, no contact, it was if she being kidnapped by someone. They even went to Seulgi's dorm several time, but there was no one else answering the door, and the door was locked. They were worried sick. In that evening, Joy saw her girlfriend appeared at the laundry shop to get her laundry done. She called out her girlfriend and then Seulgi panicked and ran away. They went into a chase in the university like a freaking movie. Seulgi ran back to her dorm and locked the door. Joy called Wendy and then Wendy came immediately after she received the call. Now, they both were here, cooing a panic bear, asking her to open up to them.

 

"NO, I AM NOT OPENING! YOU ARE GONNA BREAKING UP WITH ME." shouted from the inside.

 

"What did you do?" Wendy mouthed to Joy.

 

"I didn't do anything." Joy mouthed back, was extremely offended by Wendy's accusation.

 

"Honey, I don't understand where is this coming from? We have been searching you for three days. We came here several times, you weren't here and you didn't answer the door. We almost wanted to make a police report, saying you was being kidnapped." Joy cooed her girlfriend with a unsually soft tone.

 

"I SAW YOU TEXTING HAYOUNG AND U TWO MET UP AT THE CAFETERIA SEVERAL TIMES."

 

Joy then only realized the reason behind all these outburst, "I-I was just asking Hayoung about new trend couple item. I trust her fashion sense."

 

"WHY WOULDN'T YOU ASK ME?!" I HAVE GOOD FASHION SENSE."

 

"Because I want to give a surprise for you." Joy grimaced at her girlfriend's obliviousness, trying to keep her frustration down to minimum.

 

"What?!" The door was suddenly opened, Wendy and Joy jumped back startlingly.

 

Seulgi was a living ghost, eye swollen from crying, her hair wasn't even combed, it was so messy like a bird nest. Saying she resembled the ghost from the Ring was an understatement, her pale lips and no make up made her look even more terrifying.

 

"What happened to you?" Joy looked at the stranger horrifyingly and asked.

 

Seulgi was finally conscious of how might she look to her girlfriend, went back into her room to freshen herself up.

 

Seungwan and Joy winced at the shut door which was finally opened after 30 minutes begging. They waited for god knows how long. The door was finally opened again, Seulgi who they all recognised came back out, holding her right hand out.

 

"What?" Joy looked at her girlfriend puzzledly.

 

"My present from Hayoung's opinion." Seulgi said as it was a matter of fact, as if there was no meltdown fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter