Chapter 26 - (I love you)s

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Joohyun finished bathing and changed into pajamas, she went back to Seungwan's room. As she walked past Yeri's room, seeing the light was switched off, thinking to herself, Yeri must be exhausted.

 

Joohyun twisted the knob, opening the door, seeing her girlfriend was drying her hair with hairdryer.

 

Wendy quickly motioned Joohyun to close the door. Though Joohyun didn't understand the reason behind it, she quickly shut the door.

 

Wendy, then, stopped the hairdryer, speaking up. "The hairdryer is noisy, I don't want to wake Yeri up."

 

Joohyun only got the reference, nodding her head.

 

"Why did you buy all in purple?"

 

"Aren't your favourite colour purple?" Wendy looked at her girlfriend curiously.

 

"Yes, just pick other colours for me next time." Joohyun sat on the bed, chuckling at her girlfriend's thoughtfulness.

 

Though, it wasn't really necessary.

 

"But, your highlighters in purple. I mean all your stationary is purple." Wendy recalled the only one colour existed in her girlfriend's pencil case.

 

"Just buy me other colours, next time." Joohyun shook her head, smiled amusingly at her girlfriend's insistence.

 

Wendy didn't quite understand the reason of it, nodding mindlessly with a pout on her lips. Then, she switched on the hairdryer, continued her unfinished business.

 

Joohyun, then, stood up from the bed, walking toward her girlfriend. She stood behind her girlfriend, settling her palm on Seungwan's shoulder, throwing a lazy yet content smile.

 

Wendy reached up to hold her girlfriend's palm, saw her girlfriend's loving gaze in the mirror, replying with the similar smile, while she was drying her hair.

 

Joohyun, then, took the hairdryer away from Seungwan's grip, holding it instead, helping her girlfriend to dry her hair.

 

Wendy was surprised by the sudden snatch of hairdryer, but made no effort to take it back. Hence, she just plopped herself on the elbow, staring at her girlfriend in the mirror.

 

Watching her personal hairdresser to do her magic.

 

Feeling the hot air coming out from the hairdryer, reaching her hair.

 

Joohyun's massage on Wendy's scalp was comforting.

 

Seeing her girlfriend being so accomodating to her. 

 

Wendy let out of a sigh of comfort.

 

Wendy always wanted to wonder what it felt like in these moments.

 

And, now, she got to experience it.

 

Even though these were just fleeting moments.

 

Transient yet unforgettable.

 

Love was found in the moments like this, and Wendy was lucky to have that.

 

"I love you." It slipped out from Wendy's mouth.

 

And, Wendy meant every words she said.

 

Wendy's smile never faded.

 

Everything was so easy when she was with Joohyun.

 

Joohyun widened her eyes at what she just heard, bringing her eyes up to check her girlfriend. She saw nothing but Seungwan with a dazzling smile, Seungwan's eyes flickered with love.

 

Joohyun was overwhelmed, she just stood there though neither any of them looked away from each other's gaze.

 

Wendy, then, took the hairdryer away, switching it off, ushering Joohyun to switch place with her. Joohyun settled down on the seat, while Wendy started to do her work. Joohyun never once looked away, her eyes were fixated on Wendy.

 

Joohyun wasn't sure Seungwan just slipped it through.

 

"I meant it." Wendy seemed to hear Joohyun's monologue, yet didn't look up as her focus was completely on drying her girlfriend's hair.

 

Wendy spoke while she brushed the dried hair away, shifting the hairdryer to the dampened area. "And, I know you do too. You don't to have to tell me now. I can wait."

 

Joohyun felt the fingers of Seungwan tickled her neck.

 

"How do you do it?" Joohyun couldn't help but to ask.

 

She wondered it since she met Seungwan.

 

So selfless. So heart-warming.

 

Joohyun never thought she ever met someone like Seungwan.

 

Mystifying. Honest. Trustworthy.

 

Joohyun could only associate Seungwan with all these merits.

 

"What?" Wendy asked, didn't understand the question.

 

"Always patient to me." Though Joohyun was able to say the words without stutter, she felt the heat spread across her cheek.

 

She didn't even bother to look away, as she saw herself in the mirror. There was no blush on her cheeks, fortunately.

 

Wendy switched off the hairdryer for a second, putting it down, her hands settled on Joohyun's shoulder, plopping her head beside Joohyun's face.

 

Joohyun's heart almost gonna explode as her eyes followed Seungwan's movement in the mirror.

 

Their eyes fixated in front of the mirror, looking at each other's reflection.

 

A teasing smile on Wendy's face while she said this as she saw Joohyun was full- on blushing mode.

 

"Because I love you." Wendy, then, casted a kiss on her girlfriend's cheek.

 

She felt a tint of heat on her girlfriend's cheek, chuckling to herself, finding her girlfriend too adorable.

 

She, then, resumed drying her girlfriend's hair.

 

When Joohyun was stoned on her seat, looking at her smooth girlfriend, still dumbfounded by the confession.

 

Not one, but two.

 

And, a cheek kiss.

 

And Seungwan just said it indifferently.

 

Like it was a matter of fact.

 

To Wendy, it was the fact.

 

Wendy loved Joohyun.

 

In no time, when Joohyun was still processing.

 

When Joohyun was still thrown off by Seungwan.

 

Wendy, the hairdresser already finished her work.

 

"All done." Wendy switched off the hairdryer, taking the plug out and then arranged the cord. She passed the hairdryer to her girlfriend, wanting Joohyun to help her to put it into the drawer.

 

"You will sleep in the bed, I'll sleep in the mattress." Wendy said while taking the extra blanket from the wardrobe and stood on her bed to take the mattress settled on the wardrobe.

 

"I thought we are sleeping together." Joohyun creased her eyebrows, recalling their conversation before entering the haunted house.

 

"I don't think my bed can fits the two of us." Wendy smiled while tapping her girlfriend's head affectionately.

 

"I'm not sleeping if we are sleeping separately." Joohyun crossed her arm and settled herself on the bed.

 

"I don't want us to kick each other during sleep."

 

"We were fine when we had the sleepover in Beca's house." Joohyun remembered they were sleeping peacefully.

 

"It's because it was a queen-size double bed." Wendy chuckled.

 

Joohyun stood on the bed and pushed back the mattress back to its original position, dragging her girlfriend down from standing on the bed.

 

Ushering Seungwan to lie nearer the wall, with Seungwan's body facing outward, then Joohyun lied down with her body facing Seungwan's. She encircled her arm around Seungwan's back, resting her face on Seungwan's crook of neck.

 

Wendy could only comply her girlfriend's instruction.

 

"See? It fits. We are tiny." Wendy heard her girlfriend mumbled in front of her crook of neck.

 

Wendy shook her head with an amusing smile, returning the hug by overlapping her arm on Joohyun's arm.

 

Though the air conditioner was switched on, Wendy felt warm as her girlfriend was there sleeping next to her.

 

"Good night. Joohyun." Wendy brought up her hand to pat Joohyun's head.

 

Wendy felt Joohyun moved, she shifted her head to look at her girlfriend.

 

Joohyun distangled the hug, lunging forward.

 

Feeling Joohyun's lips.

 

On her lips.

 

The mint taste from the toothpaste still remained in Joohyun's mouth.

 

Joohyun, then, quickly buried herself into Seungwan's neck, mumbling.

 

"Good night, Seungwan."

 

"I love you."

 

Wendy widened her eyes as Joohyun said the words. Knowing her girlfriend's face must be covered with blush, as she felt the warmth on her girlfriend's cheek irradiating to her shoulder. Hence, Wendy made no effort to girlfriend. She pressed her lips onto her girlfriend's scalp.

 

"Good night."

 

 

Joohyun woke up to the lemon scent of Seungwan's conditioner. When her eyes opened, she saw Seungwan's eyes were still shut. Seungwan was obviously still in the dreamland, as she was snoring lightly.

 

Joohyun brought up her hand to arrange Seungwan's fringe as it was messy from the sleep.

 

This causes Seungwan to instinctly sheer away from Joohyun's finger as it disturbed the sleep.

 

Seeing Seungwan's mouth mumbled something indistinguishable, Joohyun tried to keep her giggle low, not wanting to wake Seungwan.

 

Joohyun watched her sleeping girlfriend for the longest duration. Feeling the even breath coming out from her girlfriend, watching the serenity hang on her girlfriend's face, a grin was plastered on Joohyun's face.

 

Seungwan was so beautiful.

 

"You know, it's creepy to stare someone with a grin like that."

 

Joohyun yelped and receded back reflexively. It caused her to almost fall out from the bed.

 

Luckily, Wendy quickly reacted by wrapping her hand around Joohyun, preventing Joohyun to fall.

 

Joohyun slapped Seungwan's shoulder blade, whined with a pout. "How many times are you planning to scare me in the morning?!"

 

"Sorry not sorry." Seungwan smirked. "Maybe if you just stop being all smiley in the morning and stare me like that."

 

"I-I was just.." Joohyun wanted to argue but what Seungwan said was right.

 

She was, in fact, staring at her girlfriend.

 

"Good morning." Wendy leaned forward for a good morning kiss, but only to be stopped by Joohyun.

 

Wendy creased her eyebrows at her girlfriend's hand on her shoulder blade,  threw a confused look to her girlfriend

 

"M-morning breath..." Joohyun casted her gaze to her girlfriend's shoulder, feeling the heat on her cheeks, shyly mumbled her explanation.

 

Wendy quirked up her eyebrows at the confession, seeing the embarrassed expression on her girlfriend, she laughed out loud.

 

Wendy smirked. "Do you think I will take no as an answer?"

 

Wendy used her hand behind Joohyun's waist to push her girlfriend forward, shortened the gap between them.

 

Leaning forward to steal a morning kiss from her girlfriend.

 

There wouldn't be a better way to start a morning like this.

 

Joohyun felt Seungwan's arm on her waist exerting force to push her closer to Seungwan.

 

Seungwan's lips landed on hers.

 

Regardless the worry she had, Seungwan's kiss brought a smile to her face, her eyes automatically fluttered shut.

 

All of sudden, there was a knock on the door. Yeri's voice came screeching through.

 

"It's 9am. I make you guys breakfast."

 

Wendy was the one who pulled away first,  though still giving a peck on Joohyun's nose. "Morning. Joohyun."

 

The beaming smile on Seungwan's face was too dazzling.

 

Joohyun only managed to squeeze a simple reply. "Morning."

 

Not when Seungwan looked at her like that.

 

"Please don't do it while I'm at home."

 

Wendy rolled her eyes, grumbled. "What a way to ruin a moment."

 

Wendy shouted. "Shut the up. We aren't."

 

Joohyun giggled at her frustrated girlfriend.

 

"Then, get your out of the bed. Now!" Yeri shouted back.

 

They heard Yeri's footsteps disappeared downstairs.

 

Joohyun, then, woke up from the bed, pulling Seungwan's arm, ushering her to wake up. "Come on."

 

"Let's cuddle a little longer." Seungwan didn't want to leave the bed, tucking her girlfriend back.

 

Joohyun chuckled, leaning forward her girlfriend for a kiss.

 

Wendy smiled and of course, fell for the lure, leaning forward as well.

 

When their lips almost found each other, Joohyun receded back with a smile, getting Wendy to chase after her lips, saying.

 

"But, we have to wake up."

 

Wendy couldn't reach Joohyun's lips as Joohyun was sitting and she was lying on the bed. She widened her eyes at her girlfriend's tactics, whining. "Joohyun!"

 

Joohyun laughed out loud, finding Seungwan extremely adorable, whispered to Seungwan's ears. "If you wake up now, you'll get a reward."

 

Seungwan quickly scrambled herself up, repeating. "I'm up. I'm up."

 

Joohyun, then, laughed heartily, grabbing her girlfriend's hand, dragging her girlfriend to the bathroom with her.

 

To brush their teeth.

 

What were you thinking!

 

 

When the couple came downstairs, Yeri was already done eating, taking her plate to the kitchen, craning her neck toward the table, saying.

 

"Your food is on the table already."

 

"Thank you, Yeri." Joohyun flashed a motherly smile toward the younger.

 

Yeri replied by mirroring the smile, her eyes narrowed to a pair of adorable slits.

 

"Is it edible?" Wendy who came after Joohyun wouldn't miss a chance to berate her sister.

 

"Son Seung Wan." Joohyun turned around and chided her mean girlfriend.

 

Wendy wasn't surprised at her girlfriend's reaction, still nodded her head, complying to her girlfriend. "Okay. Okay."

 

Yeri smirked at her sister's compliance, wanting to throw a "whipped" 'comment, but Joohyun unnie was there, didn't want to new favourite person.

 

So, Yeri just brought her plate and walked into the kitchen.

 

The couple settled on the dinner table, sitting side by side. It was a simple americ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter