Chapter 12 - Courage

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Supppp, guys. The song for this chapter would be 'What if love - Wendy'.

Please do comment your thoughts about it. ;) 

 

 

Wendy pulled her car up at the entrance of Irene's dorm.

 

"Have a good night." Wendy turned to Irene and wished Irene, with the usual smile hanging on her face.

 

Joohyun thought of the kiss they shared last time.

 

Wondered if she should kiss Seungwan again.

 

But, the letter and the fact of her rejecting Seungwan's confessions before were holding her back.

 

It wasn't appropriate to do that again.

 

Joohyun felt like she was taking advantage of Seungwan.

 

Using all her strength to refrain herself, she said, "Text me when you got home." She, then, reluctantly opened the car door and stepped out of it.

 

"You left something." Wendy shouted while Irene was walking up the stairs.

 

Joohyun was certain she had everything with her. She turned around with furrowed eyebrows.

 

She said while seeing Seungwan walked out of her car, rushing toward her.

 

"I'm pretty sure I got every-"

 

Joohyun saw Seungwan stood in front of her, Seungwan's face was leaning toward her.

 

Seungwan wasn't wearing any perfume, but her hair gave a tint of mixed minty lemon fragnance, it was probably due to the different brand of shampoo and conditioner Seungwan used.

 

The strange combination of two scents wasn't unpleasant.

 

A special fragrance which only belonged to Seungwan.

 

Then, Seungwan's lips landed on her cheek.

 

It was a peck, a smooch.

 

Joohyun felt Seungwan's breath on her cheek.

 

Then, the tingling on Joohyun's cheek vanished as Seungwan slowly receded back.

 

It happened so fast yet so slow.

 

She couldn't bring herself to react.

 

For god's sake, she was kissed by Seungwan.

 

After she kissed Seungwan.

 

The gusting wind didn't stop the heat from irradiating across her cheeks to her whole body, and her heartbeat was unstoppable.

 

She was stoned for a while, finally remembered to direct her senses back to reality, recognising what just happened.

 

She threw a glance toward Seungwan with flushed cheek.

 

"I have to return the favour, right?" The love from Wendy's eyes was overflowing.

 

The quirked eyebrow and the radiant smile.

 

How Seungwan always effortlessly took her breath away.

 

It was extremely dangerous that Seungwan possessed such power on her.

 

But, Joohyun wouldn't mind to lose herself into the two beautiful, luring orbs of Seungwan.

 

Joohyun just stood there, watching Seungwan to walk back to her car.

 

Before Wendy entered the car, she squeezed a timid smile again.

 

"Goodnight, Joohyun."

 

The slight blush on Seungwan's face didn't go unnoticed by Joohyun.

 

The slight quiver in Seungwan's voice.

 

Joohyun could merely say out anything, so she just stood there until Seungwan's car was out of sight.

 

Her feet were glued to the ground there for minutes, then she only remembered to detach herself from the ground and went back to her dorm.

 

She sat on her bed, touching her cheek where Seungwan kissed.

 

Her lips involuntarily curved up at the fond memory.

 

"11.32pm

Seungwannie: Reached."

 

"11.33pm

Irene: Okay."

 

"11.34pm

Seungwannie: Goodnight, Joohyun."

 

Joohyun threw her body to the bed, buried her face into the pillow, smiling to herself, wanting to scream her lung out, sharing her excitement to the world.

 

She quickly stood up to take a bath, as her class started early in the morning tomorrow.

 

Not that she could fall asleep tonight.

 

 

Joohyun was busy with her coursework and revised herself for the rest of the week. Undoubtedly, her mind would drifted back to the kiss Seungwan gave her, and her hand would instinctively move to the place.

 

And then, the -eating smile crept onto her face.

 

Her coursemate baffled at Joohyun's weird behaviour and the lovestruck expression. "Is your teeth aching or what?"

 

Joohyun was only, then, aware of her actions, abruptly stopped her motion, keeping her face straight, pretend to be oblivious. "What the heck are you talking about?"

 

"You kept touching your face like that." Her coursemate, then, mimicked her action, bringing her hand up to her cheek.

 

Joohyun rolled her eyes at her coursemate, deciding to ignore her coursemate, continued to eat her lunch.

 

 

"How did the meeting go?" Wendy asked while walking toward the couple.

 

Seulgi ran toward to tackle Seungwan for a hug, "It went great!" She couldn't contain her excitement.

 

Wendy grunted at the impact, "Ouch, it hurts, get off me!"

 

"Joy's parents are coming to competition." Seulgi released Wendy from her bear hug.

 

"You guys better have your best performance, then." Wendy nagged, she always nagged whenever she had the chance.

 

"I wonder why wouldn't you be the co-captain." Joy walked toward them.

 

Wendy got along with most of the members, they would find her to talk whenever they faced problems. She gave out her best whenever she set her mind onto something, also encouraging people to do the same.

 

And, people listened to her.

 

Joy could never comprehend why Wendy, who had all necessary traits as a leader, didn't want to take the responsibility.

 

"You know I have no leadership."

 

"That's what she said." Joy liked the fact of Wendy of always being humble toward the praise thrown to her.

 

Still, it got annoying sometime.

 

"My class starts at 11am, I have to go now." Seulgi, then, gave a peck on her girlfriend's cheek. "See you at lunch?"

 

Joy smiled and nodded.

 

Seulgi, then, carried her backpack and walked away, bidding her goodbye to Seungwan.

 

Joy saw her girlfriend walked away, then turned around at Seungwan, "Are you coming, third wheel?"

 

Wendy rolled her eyes and nodded, "As much as I hate it. But, it's been a long time since the three of us have lunch together."

 

"When is your class?" Joy started to walk toward the open area where most of the students stayed there while waiting their class.

 

Three of them hated the library, especially Wendy, saying that the silence was too deafening. Wendy was suffocated by it, and even more stressed for her to see everyone's attention was on the book. Wendy was the type to get easily distracted by others, so mostly she studied at home by herself. If she ever studied with Joy and Seulgi, they would probably end up talking, anyway, instead of studying.

 

Today was rather crowded, as there were new intakes, the place was full of juniors. The two seniors finally saw a place for two though they had to share the table with others. They had no choice but quickly settled down to secure the empty seats.

 

"My class starts after lunch." Wendy sat down and answered Joy's question earlier.

 

"Me too." Joy glanced at Wendy, being a curious cat as always, was busy looking around the area as there were all new faces.

 

"Joohyun-unnie and you, anything happened?"

 

Wendy turned her attention from the crowd to Joy, saw a mischievous smirk on Joy's face, "Nothing, what are you implying?"

 

"I asked her what did you guys talk after we left. Her face was so flushed."

 

"Did we have feelings for each other before my accident?"  Wendy ignored the question, clarifying her own curiousity. She knew Joy would be honest if she asked.

 

"I thought you don't wanna mislead her and the past didn't matter to you?" Joy quoted her words.

 

"Please, Joy." Wendy pleaded.

 

"You had feelings for her. You were so obvious, then I asked you about it, you admitted to me. At first, I thought she had no feelings toward you and I didn't dare to destroy your little bubble. I didn't know how to tell you. But then, she slowly fell for you. Then, something happened between you two, you two stopped talking. You two were miserable without each other."

 

"Are you sure she had feelings for me?" Wendy voiced out her suspicion, finding it hard to believe.

 

How could Wendy believe that when Irene said she rejected Wendy when Wendy confessed to her.

 

But, the letter said it otherwise.

 

It was, obviously, more than friends.

 

But, why, on earth, wouldn't Irene say yes in the first place.

 

It made zero sense.

 

"Jump off the edges with me, Joohyun. We're so close to something so beautiful."

 

Wendy recalled she, once, said that to Irene.

 

Joy rolled her eyes at the question from Wendy. "Trust me."

 

Wendy realized the quoting of her own words which she told Joy before, then, chuckled. "Okay, okay."

 

"Then, what do you think, about you two? I think it takes her a lot of courage to come and find you after everything happened." Joy asked, she genuinely cared about the progress of these two.

 

"I feel something, to be honest. Something I never feel before since I woke up."

 

"Then, did she tell you anything?"

 

"Not much, she wrote me a letter, you know. There wasn't much being told in the letter. I guess at that time, she wasn't ready to admit her feelings toward me. I guess she feels bad for not giving me the answer, and now having the courage to tell me how she feels?' Wendy voiced out her deduction,  plopping her chin on her palm, then turned back to Joy. "What were we like, in the past?"

 

"You two, oh my god, were so cringey."

 

"It's okay I can carry the luggage myself." Joohyun furrowed her eyebrows and insisted.

 

They had been doing this for the past 15 minutes, Seungwan wouldn't let Joohyun to take the luggage, saying it was too heavy and Joohyun was too petite to carry. Joohyun insisted she could handle it by herself. Joy and Seulgi were, unfortunately, there to watch the oblivious love-birds.

 

Seungwan frowned at Joohyun's stubbornness and didn't say a word to reply. She just snatched the luggage from Joohyun's grip and walked away.

 

Joohyun sighed defeatedly and followed Seungwan.

 

Seungwan would only be dominant to Joohyun at times like this. It was just Seungwan's way to show that she cared.

 

Seugwan knew whenever Joohyun needed help, Joohyun would be too stubborn to ask.

 

But Seungwan realized Joohyun only wouldn't any help from anyone except Seungwan.

 

Seungwan couldn't help herself to cling on her slighty wishful thinking.

 

Just maybe Joohyun felt the same way.

 

Just maybe Joohyun had a crush on her too.

 

"Ugh, can they be less oblivious?" Joy grunted while struggling to carry her own luggage as she bought too many souvenirs.

 

"Let me help you to carry some of it." Seulgi offered, and she took some of bags from Joy while Seulgi's hands accidentally brushed across Joy's hands.

 

They both flinched, pretending not to notice the jolting feelings from their temporary skinship, the burning sensation lingered at the place they touched.

 

They both looked away immediately while both of their cheeks were covered with blush.

 

"God, can you two be any slower?" Seungwan shouted from the front.

 

"Shut up, it's heavy. Why don't you come and help me? You only help Joohyun-unnie." Joy spat back while straightening her back. She softened her tone while talking to Seulgi, "Let's go, is that too heavy for you?"

 

"N-no, it's okay." Seulgi stuttered and shook her head, keeping her head low because her face was still blushing.

 

"Nah, that wasn't cringey." Wendy waved her hand to dismiss it.

 

Joy rolled her eyes and resumed her storytellng to Wendy.

 

They had a meeting for the club and Joohyun was always on time, hence sitting in the front. Seungwan came in late as usual, Seungwan settled down at the last row. When the meeting finally ended, Joohyun thought Seungwan was absent, decided to leave the classroom. Usually, they were inseparable.

 

Seungwan quickly rushed toward her and called out.

 

"Bae Joohyun!"

 

"I'm older than you. Where is your manner?" Joohyun recognised the owner of the voice, turned around to scold the younger. Though, the expression wasn't intimidating at all, as the smile on her face was too wide to be unnoticed.

 

"You don't seem mad to me." Seungwan shrugged while wrapping her hand around Joohyun's shoulder.

 

There wasn't any gap between the hand and the shoulder.

 

Just girl pals being close to each other.

 

Obviously, completely, totally platonic.

 

Joohyun arched one of her eyebrows, with a smirk on her face, knowing damn well Seungwan hated to let people to know her Korean name.

 

"Son Se-" Before she could finish shouting the full name, was covered by Seungwan's hand. Though her eyes widened in surprise, the glimmering eye-smile said otherwise.

 

"Don't you dare to say it out!" Seungwan warned as she whispered while leaning forward, making sure no one heard that.

 

Seungwan's mouth was so near to Joohyun's face,

 

Joohyun felt Seungwan's breath on her cheek.

 

So close yet so far.

 

Seungwan, then, felt a wet straight-line being drawn on her palm. ", that's disgusting!"

 

Seungwan quickly retreated her hand back, moving away from Joohyun's mouth, shaking her hand vigorously.

 

Joohyun smirked, couldn't be more proud of herself, then shrugged. Before she walked away, she made sure she stuck out her tongue at Seungwan.

 

Even when Joohyun was being childish, she was charmingly cute.

 

God was really unfair.

 

Seungwan ran toward Joohyun and wiped her hand on Joohyun's sleeves, voicing out her frustration of Joohyun being this unsanitary.

 

They didn't notice Joy was behind them.

 

They never paid attention to the surrounding when they were with each other.

 

"Say it to my face, that wasn't cringey!" Joy exclaimed.

 

Wendy looked away sheepishly, knowing she couldn't fight that.

 

"You two complement each other. You brought out another side of hers, she was so uptight but with you, she was more relaxed and lively. You were clumsy and only focusing on the bigger picture, but she was more cautious, attentive to the small details."

 

Wendy couldn't picture shealready found someone like that herself . She always wanted to know how it felt to have someone like that.

 

Another person who brought out the best version of her.

 

Wendy admitted her feeling toward Joohyun. "I don't know, Joy. She is the first one who makes me feel something ever since I woke up."

 

Joy nodded.

 

It didn't surprise Joy at all.

 

The dynamic they had was undeniable.

 

Everyone around them felt it too.

 

They were like those best couple.

 

How could their past history be erased or thrown away so easily.

 

A/N: You may play it now.

 

"But, something is holding me back, my gut is telling me to be careful, stay back and watch, not to act on it so quickly." Wendy's eyebrow was knitted together as she confessed her insecurity.

 

모르는 것 투성이

moreuneun geot tuseongi

So much that I don’t know
 


솔직히 난 어려워 Umm

soljjiki nan eoryeoweo Umm

Honestly, it’s hard

 

Joy continued to ask, "Did you recall anything about her, though?"

 

"Actually most of my flashbacks was related to her. Remember the exam memory I mentioned to you, I was having lunch with her after the exam, and Yoona-sunbae thought we already got together and asked me about it."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter