Baby Maybe

Paraproia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


 

 

 

I prepared to finish my work as soon as possible. It was 8 pm already and I had to hurry. I promised Jessica that we'd watch a movie together. I tried so hard to book this Avengers - The End Game movie. It was sold out everywhere. I was so lucky that I managed to get the tickets for both of us, and as the movie would play at 8.45 pm, I needed to speed up my stuffs. My phone beeped, it must've been from Jessica, -I thought. I pressed the button and received the call through my earphone.

"Sica... I'll be there soon... I'm wrapping up things."
"Unnie..."
"Wait up..." I looked at my phone's screen. It was not Jessica. "Krystal?"
"Unnie I don't know what to do... I messed up..."

I sighed deeply. It's been two days since that. I couldn't manage to contact her at all. I thought she was still needed her alone time, but I regret the most that I didn't try the most. Something bad might just happen to her.

"Krystal... What happened?"
"I can't do this anymore, unnie..."
"Where are you? I'll be there..."
"I can't do this anymore..." She repeated while sobbing.
"Hey..."
"I told him everything, but she pushed me away through chat. Can you believe it, unnie? How could he do that??? What a jackass!" She sobbed even more. "I messed up... I-I... I... I phoned his older sister, telling her everything. I was so devastated that he did this to me. I'm pregnant to his son, what would that be? I'm such a mess, unnie. I don't want to live anymore."
"Krystal. Are you at your apartment now? I'll be there, okay?" I was too scared to handle this, actually.

I heard no more response.
"Krystal?" I started to panic. "Krystal please answer me."


! I swear to myself.
I reached a high level of panic at that time. I couldn't see things clearly that I just closed my laptop and put it on the bag. She was so weak, on the phone, I could feel that she needed some help, desperately needed it. This was the right time to reveal and solve everything, or maybe I should've done it earlier, maybe I was doing it all wrong. I fasten up my movements and walked out of my office. Inside the taxi, I was about to phone Jessica when her name appeared on the screen.

"Baby. Really? What time is it?" Jessica was babbling at me. "Is being late your middle name?"
"Baby... This is serious... Please don't panic..."
"What do you mean?"
"Listen to me carefully..."
"Babe you make me scared."
"Go to Krystal's apartment as fast as you could. I'm on my way there."
"Wh... What happened with her?"
"I'll tell you there, but please. She needs you now. Just... be there now. Okay?"
"Is she okay? Oh my God..." I could hear that she started to panic.
"Baby... Calm down... Let's go and check, okay?" I replied. "Please drive safely."
"Okay... I'll see you there then."
"I'll see you soon."


 

 

 

 

I was pressing the ring bell for 9th times when Jessica showed up and half-run to me. She looked so panic and her eyes were questioning a lot of things to me. I knew that the day would come, and here is it.

"Baby what happened? Do you know something?"
"I do. But let's now focus on her. Do you have the key?"
"Yes!!!" She d for a key inside her bag. She grabbed the key access and tapped it on the door handle.


We entered the room. The lights were off. It was a dead calm. Jessica walked in to find her in the bedroom while I was focused on the desk near the living room. I found Krystal's phone, a glass in half-filled by water, and a bottle of medicine I don't know what is that, it left open. I took her phone. It was unlocked. I didn't know why I did this but I checked on her messenger and found Kai's message.

 

'I really don't want to know anything about you ever again'
'I think I should say this'
'Everything is over for both of us'
'And don't ever try to find me again'
'Goodbye'

 

That's not the worst thing. He blocked her as well. What a kind of loser this guy is. I suddenly felt an anger through my blood.
"BABY! HELP! COME HERE!" Jessica screamed out. I ran to her immediately.


Krystal lied on the ground, inside the bathroom. Her right hand was handling some medicines, and was foaming. I couldn't picture clearly what happened but it was really that she was trying to end her life. Jessica reached for and hugged her tightly, crying her heart out. She tried to wake her up, but she didn't budge at all. She drooped so weakly.
"What just happened? Tell me what happened???" She sobbed. "Soojung wake up! What happened to you?"
"I'll get some help."


I grabbed my phone and call for the emergency number. It only took less than 10 minutes for the rescue to come and brought Krystal to get the first help. Jessica followed Krystal on the ambulance, while I stayed for a while for a little investigation. It didn't take a long time, in less than 30 minutes, the police let me to go to the hospital as well, checking on Krystal's condition. Inside the taxi, I tried to call Jessica but her phone was inactive. I sighed deeply, wishing that Krystal would be okay after all cause if it's not, it would haunt me for the rest of my life.

I finally arrived at the hospital. I asked the room where they brought Krystal in, and the nurse told me she's okay. I felt so relieved. After 5 minute

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter