Location Unknown

Paraproia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Just like letters on the sand
where waves were
I feel you’ll disappear
to a far off place
I miss you again
and miss you more..."
 

 

 



I rang the bell three times already that morning. No response.
I rang another one and the door finally opened when I was actually think to give up.


"Holy... What time is it... Who the f-" She grumbled angrily with half-closed eyes. "TAEYEON?"
"Good morning, Stephanie."
"Wait... What are you doing here?"
"How do you even know my room number?"
"Mrs. Lee?" I grinned.
"What time is it?"
"Uhmm... 8 AM." I looked at my watch, then her messy hair. "You're drunk last night?"
"I drank a little."
"Get ready then."
"What? Why should I? I don't feel like doing anything today."

Without asking her permission, I stepped my foot and went inside. Seriously, this American born kid really don't know how to clean up her room or what? I see used clothes scattered everywhere. At the front desk of the TV, there was a pile of dirty bowls and several empty beer and liquor bottles. This apartment has the same basic size and layout, but the owners make both apartments feel completely different. It's good for me though, so I don't have to feel the same ambiance.

"Yahhhh... Why don't you answer? How rude."
"I will take you somewhere."
"You came on Saturday morning just to take me somewhere?"
"Yes."
"Can we go later? I'm still sleepy. I'm hungover."
"I can see that." I threw some empty bottles to the trash can and put the bowls to the kitchen. "That's why. Take a bath with hot water, please. I'll make a cup of tea and a basic sandwich. We'll go after that."
"Where do you want to take me? And why?"
"Take a bath, Stephanie."
"Stop calling me that..."


She took her towel while giving endless pout until she closed the bathroom door.
 



 


 



"Where the hell is Chuncheon?" She asked while I was driving her to this one particular place in purpose.
"A special place. We'll be there shortly."
"Yeah... It's been almost an hour."
"What happened?"
"What?"
"Why did you drink a lot of alcohol last night?"
"None of your business. I don't even understand why am I here with you."
"No need to be harsh like that..." I smiled warmly.
"Okay. I'm sorry."
"I want to listen." I tapped her arm. "I really do."


She looked at me deeply that I stayed calm as usual.
"I have to submit the contract signed by my father latest by Friday."
"But you still don't talk to him?"
"If only he's not a stone head and pain in the ."
"If only you're not a stone head and pain in the too?"


She fell quiet and averted her gaze to the window all the way. I got it. I didn't need her to talk much though. I actually wanted to bring her to a place that might bring back her a little piece of happiness left in her memory. Hopefully, that'd turn to be the right decision. Well, I gotta try. I was also questioning myself, why would I do that? But maybe, by helping her like this, it will bring me closer to my own light too. Maybe.


"This place..."
Tiffany stunned as she felt like she started to recognize the place.


"Let's take a ride!"
"What ride? We just arrived."
"That rail bike... The Gangchon Rail Bike."
"I... How could you..."
"Let's go, Tiff... Let's take a ride."


I offered my hand with a bright smile to persuade her to follow me. I knew she was trapped in a deep darkness. I was too afraid to involve, but actually, by seeing a little light still there in her eyes, I knew I could help her, to show her the way. I led her to immediately enter and go to a place where we could ride the rail bike. We started pedaling when I saw Tiffany's eyes began to glaze over. She seemed to show a fragile side, far different from Tiffany I saw a few minutes left.

We were pedaling for several minutes when we finally saw the great scenery of the lovely Bukhangang River. I checked behind, luckily there was no other bike that time so I slowed down and decided to start the conversation. Before that, I grabbed my phone and did something I planned previously. Surprisingly, she was the one who started it.

"I went here once with my mom and dad." She starred at the scenery blankly. "But I was still too young to remember. I don't even know the name of this place."
"You surely miss your mom a lot."
"I do. I really do."
"I'm sure she's seeing you right now. All the time."
"That makes me feel warm. Thank you." She smiled, finally. "How about you, Tae?"
"I just came back from Jeonju. I spent a week there."
"Was it because of the breakup?"


I nodded, but gave her a gesture that it wasn't a topic I'd like to talk about. I looked straight at the green scenery in front of me. I inhaled the fresh air and closed my eyes while smiling. Little thing I know, I needed that too. I intentionally brought Tiffany to ride a rail bike in Gangchon for a special purpose, of course. That night, when I saw Mr. Hwang drunk in his room, I saw a family portrait, a happy one, here at the same place.

"I tried to get closer with my dad since my mom passed away... but he pushed me away." Her voice sounded quite limp. I could feel the heavy burden she had endured for a long time. "Remember that night, I told you about me opened up about my ual orientation to my dad?"
"Yes. I do."
"He stopped talking to me afterward." Later she looked terribly in anger. "I knew he has an affair with his secretary at the US office. I caught him off but he denied it all the way. He could do that, though. But why would you think he keeps on ignoring me?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter