The Comfort

Paraproia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

It's finally the day. I never been so excited like this to go to the office. I opened my wardrobe, checking what to wear. I found so many black and white outfits. This and that. I actually love purple, but I just don't have a lot of outfits with such a bright and colorful. It's more or less like my life, the black and white. I took a simple light blue shirt and blue jeans. I looked at the mirror. I looked at the reflection in front of me. That was weird how I want to try something new, but always end up being like this, being a simple woman, being a simple me, being me.

After a meeting that finished at 11 am, I accompanied by my junior staff, Seohyun and Seulgi, headed to the Vogue office, to attend the fashion writing workshop. Both of my juniors were so excited. How could they not? For the people who has a huge interest in fashion, they must want to join Vogue, since it was one of the biggest fashion and lifestyle magazine in the world. In the middle of their conversation, I decided to close my eyes and relaxed for a while. Of course, I was thinking about this one figure who's been always in my mind lately. That particular one that I hope to meet at the workshop. Today, at the Vogue.

"Taeyeon sunbaenim..."
"Yes, Seulgi?"
"It's a rare opportunity to see you at the fashion writing. I thought you really don't care about it all."
"Yah... Do you think I don't care about the entertainment section's team?"
"We're sure you do. You're a good leader, though." Seohyun gave me a smile. "...but it's just... Usually, you just assigned the others. You told us you couldn't stand even 5 minutes to be there. You really don't like it to talk about 5 million Korean won skirt, or the transparent jacket trend who was on the rise."
"It doesn't mean I do like it now, juniors." They all laughed hearing that.
"So what makes you want to come today?" Seulgi asked another question. The main question.
"I don't know... I just feel like doing something new. Something... different. I have a good feeling." I smiled warmly.
"You look prettier today, sunbaenim. I'm serious." Suddenly, Seulgi complimented me. I was blushed a little.
"But she is indeed pretty. She's just unlike other girls. Taeyeon unnie is sooooo cool." Seohyun laughed a little. She called me "unnie" because we actually close since at the high school. Seohyun is my neighbor in Jeonju and we went to the same high school and university. Not to mention that her family once helped mine. In short, Seohyun is one of the few nice people I know.
"Okay girls... Here we are. Vogue's waiting." I winked at both of them. "Are you ready?"


We walked into that big building. Through some signages, we walked in straight to the elevator to bring us to the 4th floor, where the workshop held. There were lots of fashionable workers, here and there. They were everywhere. It must be so easy to spot the non-fashion media just by looking at the outfit, just like us. At the 4th floor, we entered a large ballroom. The ballroom was blue carpeted walls, giving the elite impression on it. Some Vogue staff helped us to find our seats and didn't take too long, we found them and sat down immediately. Both Seohyun and Seulgi grabbed their own notebook, both were so prepared and excited for this event. Meanwhile, I tried to look around, seeing everyone who came in and out, letting my eyes to find for that figure freely.

The workshop was started a bit late, but overall all was good. I didn't think I would be enjoying that much, though. It was fun. I got some insights already about and so happy with it. All of this time, I was focusing myself more on the politic, economy and business rubric. I never thought I'd be liking them all. I meant, it's boring, but now I couldn't resist not to do so. As the new Managing Director, the youngest one, I received many more responsibilities to take care of. The workshop was inspiring, making us didn't realize it's been two hours already and we finally had to go back to the office afterward.

"There's free food on the 3rd floor!" Seulgi informed us.
"Taeyeon-unnie, can we eat first before going back? I haven't had my breakfast though..." Seohyun added.
"Of course you can... You both can go there together. I'll stay here to socialize with some people here." I ordered them right when I saw somebody from Vogue approached us. The woman was trendily dressed with branded stuffs, from head to toes. She reached her hand and smiled at me.
"You must be Kim Taeyeon, the Managing Director of The Korea Times."
"Yup! Happy that somebody actually could recognize me." I gave her a big smile.
"You're quite famous, Ms. Kim." She laughed a little. "It's a hello from another Kim. I'm Kim Hyoyeon, managing director of Vogue."
"Pleased to meet you, Ms. Kim."
"I hope you enjoy the workshop. Feel free to stroll around. We have some good spots to visit her at this building." She was so humble and nice. After exchanging our business cards, she left to greet some other invitees.


I grabbed a glass of orange juice and started to stroll around. Vogue indeed has a cool office. Unlike the other office building I've ever visited, Vogue has some futuristic and fancy paintings in every spot, but still looking simple and well-organized. I was amazed by the style of people around me: I saw a guy wore a baby pink suit, or the girl with Burberry set. I was about to walk straight to the elevator and go to the 3rd floor when I felt a soft hand tapped my shoulder.

"Heyyyyy!" I turned around and found this beautiful woman staring at me with a big smile on her face.
"Hey..." I was speechless. She was so beautiful today.
"Taeyeon, right! Do you still remember me?"
"Errr... Not really." I gave a cold glare.
"What? Really? We just met a week ago."

Hearing that, I laughed a little as she pouted at me.
"I'm kidding. Of course, I still remember you, Ms. Jung." I replied. "I won't forget your kindness that night, to give me a seat."
"Ugh... Why do you even call me Ms. Jung? I thought we're friends already."
"Yes, Jessica. I'm sorry."
"So you're here for the workshop?"
"Yes. I actually came here with 2 of my staff. They're having late lunch."

Jessica suddenly thrown her sight to my id that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter