A Bitter Fallacy

Paraproia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 


(source)

 

 

 


Ji Eun had to stay longer in Paris as she received a special invitation from the Embassy of South Korea to perform at their annual event. It was a sudden invitation. Bae Suzy, one of the most famous South Korean actresses, supposed to come at the event, but it was reported she got a little accident on the stage she previously attended the event, so she had to take a rest and had to canceled the invitation. Ji Eun couldn't say no. Even though he lived for a long time in Paris, she was still a good citizen. She's proud of being a Korean.

We spent several days in Paris where Ji Eun brought me anywhere. Her favorite coffee shop, restaurant, even her favorite guitar shop in town. We really enjoyed the rare time we spent together in Paris so that I could slowly put aside the thought that has been ghosting me since the last time I met my ex-girlfriend that day, in the museum. Actually, I prepared for that, even though I will never be ready, no matter how hard I prepared. I'm just glad it passed quite smoothly. The thing that was still haunting me was the divorce. To remember how she looked that day, I could sense how she might be experiencing some kind of depression caused by the divorce.

Ji Eun ran to me then handed a warm pancake she bought on the stall in the airport.
"I'm still upset you can't extend your stay here in Paris."
"You know I want it, but I'll have a meeting with JYP oppa. Guess he'll talk about the creation of new songs for a new boy group?"
"You'll make songs for boy group?" She widened her eyes as she wouldn't believe what I said.
"Yeah. They have 1-2 ballad pop songs on the album."
"I see..."

She was gnawing at me tightly. Unlike when in Korea, she acted more freely, although she still had to use a mask to cover his face. I her hair while placing my lips closer to her head, smelling her fresh shampoo scent.

"Guess I have to enter the gate soon."
"Noooooo..." She hugged me tighter than ever. I chuckled looking at her cute act.
"Baby..."
"Eung... Ara..." She pouted cutely. "I'll be back in Seoul in a couple weeks I guess? Lot of things to prepare for this sudden event. Also, let's meet at GD oppa's after the new year party. He asked me to sing a song, our collabs on Palette song. You'll be there too, right? Let's go together."
"Yeah... Let's meet up there. But, I can't pick you up from the airport. I'm planning to go home. Appa asked me to visit. But, I'll come back to the afternoon so we could go together. Will that be okay?"
"Sure. Safe flight, love."
"Can't wait to see you in Seoul." We hugged each other for a while.

I turned around after waving goodbye signs to my girlfriend and walked straight to the gate printed on my boarding pass. My steps to go back to Korea seemed to be quite heavy so I stumbled. A question kept on lingering in my mind. I smiled at the immigration worker, trying to make my feeling easier for a bit before flying back to Seoul.

 


 

 

 

I spent days back in Seoul living my busy life as a songwriter. I did several meetings and song production with a series of names in the world of entertainment. It's tiring, but it's really fun. Last Tuesday, Heechul, my former workmate, invited me to meet at a cafe to chat. Mr. Hwang has returned to work as usual and he also told me that he was chosen as a strong candidate as Mr. Hwang's successor who began thinking about running a family business with more focus. He jokingly said that I should be the Chief in Editor. I only responded with laughter. I'm really happy with what I'm living right now.

It was near to lunchtime when I received a short message from Kai. It was quite surprising as it's been a while since the last time I met him at a restaurant. He basically told me he decided to move to Seoul for good after finally finished his college in the US. He asked if I could pay a visit to his apartment cause he cooked a warm fish cake soup and as he just recently moved, he felt like somebody to talk to.

 

Sure! I'll be there in a sec.
Just send me your location.

 

A pleasant coincidence. I haven't eaten, and last night, I slept too late and only drank two bottles of beer and snacked a little. I was so hungry that the aroma of the soup had begun to smell in my nose. I rushed to the parking area and drove to Kai's place alone. I the guide application to direct me to the address given by Kai and I stopped at an elite area not far from where I was, in the Apgujeong-dong area. He occupies a luxury apartment there. Well, I'm not surprised.

I rang the bell twice and he opened the door right away.
"TAEYEON NOONA!" He was so energetic, and back to be the boy I met for the first time: he was dressed in style, his scent was pleasant and his body was no longer as thin as the last time I had seen him, now he was even more muscular. "Thanks for coming!"
"How are you, Kai? It's been a while since the last time I met you."
"I know... I'm doing good. How about you, noona? Please come in."
"Never been better. Sure. Thanks, Kai."

The apartment is really luxurious. It's about double the size of my new apartment. The interior of the room is filled with black and white ornaments everywhere. I walked in and my focus was on the food served at the dinner table. Apparently I was really starving. We didn't wait long to finish the meals as we started to have a light conversation, asking about how things went so far.

"Ah so... You finally graduated. It's been 3 years after the last time you postponed it. I'm so happy for you. Congrats, Kai."
"Thanks, noona. Yeah... I went back and fixed my relationship with my father who's now giving me more freedom to choose what's best for my life." She gulped a bottle of beer. "Also, I fixed my relationship with Jennie, the one my father wants me to date. We're good friends and support each other. Jennie is dating somebody else too..."
"Oh... And about... Krystal?"
"It's done, noona."
"What do you mean it's done?"
"I'll just move on from her and look at more exciting things in the future. I closed my door for her."
"Oh..." I was curious, but looking at his facial expression, I decided not to dig deeper. At least not now. "If this is a good start you need, then I believe you will get it. See me? Told you I'm a songwriter right now. Who would've guessed?"
"Yeah... That's insane how you changed a lot, noona. I'm happy for you. I really am."


We spent almost a couple hours having a light conversation I didn't realize I need it. I asked his permission to go to the bathroom before I finally had to come back home to wrap unfinished work. I looked at the mirror while washing my hand when I heard Kai's talking to somebody else. I had no idea who, but it was a woman. After wiping my hands dry, I opened the door, walked closer to the living, and listened to the conversation was getting even more tensed as I could listen to it clearly. Kai talked with somebody I know, and as the situation was hotter than before, I decided not to interrupt and hide behind the wall near to the kitchen area.

 

"How could you know my new apartment?"
"Kai, you've been ignoring me throughout the year." She ignored the question but looked at him desperately weak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter