[RE]START

Paraproia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was so hungry. Too hungry that I was craving for a bowl of budae-jjigae.
I was inside a taxi that drove me home, alone. She got a phone call as she needed to leave as soon as possible so she said sorry. It was something about Krystal but I couldn't myself not to ignore it. I felt a little trauma after what happened that time at Krystal's. I still remember how she looked at me plainly: She was sorry as she wasn't able to accompany me to come home, but she promised to come soon to take care of me, to spend the night with me. Jessica.

I closed my eyes. Tried to erase the doubt haunting me. What did I do wrong? I wouldn't know, how could I? .


I arrived. I moved towards the main gate to enter the elevator that'd bring me upstairs. I was about to open the door when I looked at two persons involved in a conversation need to my door. Honestly, I didn't know her that much. She was the new neighbor who came from Daegu last month. I looked back to the door but then stopped that I heard my name being called off.

"Oh.. I'm sorry..."
"Yeah... This isn't a room of Kim Taeyeon."
"But somebody told me it's her room."
"Ugh... I'm new here. Maybe the girl next door?"


"Are you looking for me?"
The girl turned her back. It was Tiffany.

"OH! THERE YOU ARE!" She was so loud.
"Tiffany?"
"Oh my God... You're okay?" She was checking on me.
"What are you doing there?"
"I was looking for you."
"How could you know my place?"
"Seohyun-unnie told me..." She bit her lips. "But she said it's 905, instead it's 903."
"Oh..."

She looked at me deeply, "Taeyeon, are you okay?"
"Hmmm yeah..."
"I must be disturbing you right now." A deep blue sea in her eyes.
"You want to come in? I'm hungry."
"Can I cook for you?" She immediately reacted to 360 degrees differently.


Those eyes. Those smiling eyes. I sank into without realizing it. I spent a few seconds in my daydream and I think she noticed, then was confused about what was happening to me. How do I know? I don't know either. I finally regained consciousness and gave her a nod. We entered the apartment but I left the door to be unlocked. I knew Jessica would come soon, so I just didn't want her to think negatively with Tiffany was here, with me.

"How's your condition?"
"I'm good."
"I'm sorry that I left. Suddenly, I had something to do."
"That's okay. Did you bring me to the hospital?"
"Of course not." She looked at me while preparing the cook. "I called the ambulance. They brought you."
"Of course that's what I mean, kid." I laughed a little.
"It feels so weird."
"What is it?"
"You."
"Me?"
"Yeah... Last night I saw you scared, then smiled at me." She was busy cutting the onion. "Now that you laughed."
"That's weird to you?"
"I just couldn't imagine I could get this close to you."
"Neither do I."
"I'm sorry. I know you didn't mean to involve in this mess."
"I'm happy that you're safe right now..."
"You do?"
"Of course I do."


I lied on the couch with my head resting on the top. I overslept. Next 20 minutes, she woke me up with 2 bowls of soup on top of the table. I could feel her hand caressed my cheeks so softly, but it wasn't as soft as her smile.

"I promise I will leave after you eat this."
"What did you cook?"
"Well, you only have tofu and vegetables. So, here's the soup for you."
"That's enough. Really. Thank you."

We were eating together while we had a little chit chat. It was unexpected but I think she's a bit more mature than I thought, and also smart. Talking with her is like seeing two different poles: the cheerful and the quiet.

"I know I didn't suppose to ask this..."
"Hm?"
"While waiting for the cook to be ready, I was looking around. And I found a book near to the drawer. Well... I was thinking to play the guitar then I saw that book. I thought it was like... a chord book or something. But then I realized, it was a small book with the songs handwritten inside." She smiled.
"Oh..."
"Is that yours?"
"Yeah... I haven't opened it since a long time ago."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter