Hello, Goodbye.

Paraproia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


 

 

 

Mr. Hwang's condition was getting better, but still, he had to receive intensive treatment. The Hwang decided to bring him back to the US to get a proper medical treatment, so that's why I became even busier at the office since then. I became one of the people who are in charge of the top management level. I felt so happy that I had a lot of things to do, so that there was no space left to think about one particular person all over again. Suddenly I reminisced to the last time I met Tiffany at a coffee shop.

The day I wish there was a monster come to eat me, and then I will just disappear like that.
The day that drown me deep enough. The day I wish I could erase from my mind.

 

"My dad's condition is getting better, Tae..."
"Thank God..."
"Yeah. So we're going to bring him back to LA."
"Oh so..." I was curious. "...and how about..."
"My training at YG? They allowed me to join next month, since I have to take care of my dad first. And yes, Tae. He signed it." There was a sincere light in her eyes. "Thanks to you."
"What did I do?"
"My dad told me that you recorded all of our conversation back then in Chuncheon. It's illegal, Kim Taeyeon." We chuckled. "That day, he was about to come to my place, but since he was so sick, he couldn't do that. Thank God nothing bad happened."
"I'm glad to know. I'm sorry... I didn't mean to be rude. I just..."
"I understand, Tae. Thank you. Really."
"How about Sooyoung?"

She looked happy when I asked her that. Her cheeks were getting red.
"Hmmm... All good. She's going to US with me, and dad. All together."
"Mr Hwang know?"
"He knows. He said sorry the way he made me hurt like before." She explained. "Also I finally explained everything to Sooyoung. However, it doesn't mean we could get back together just like that. Both of us were struggling after the incident happen. We give each other space and time. If it's meant to be, then it will, right?"
"Now you sound like a 30 years old lady... I'm happy for you, Tiff."
"Yahhh what the hell..." She hit my shoulder.
"I really happy for you, Tiff. I really am." I winked. "Also, good luck at YG. I know you'll make it. Will you still recognize me by then?"
"Taeyeon-ah..." We laughed. "Don't you wanna go with us?"
"Uh? Where?"
"To US. You know you could meet Jess there and maybe we could explain things..."


I felt numb.
"I have nothing to do with her."
"I think you could try to talk to her, Tae? I didn't think it was a solution for me and my dad, or Sooyoung. But then you brought me that light. Can't I do the same way to you? It hurts me to see you missing her like this, actually."
"How do you know I miss her? I never told you that."
"Your eyes, Kim Taeyeon. You're missing her a lot."
"I..." I insisted to refuse the opinion. It hurt me that much.
"Tae... Please reconsider about it. I'll be leaving in 2 days. Let me help you to talk to her."

"Tae..." She added. "Remember when I said something happened when I was 11 or 12 years old? Ah I forgot..."
"Uhm?"
"I had a fight with dad so I decided to go out that night. I was still so young. I was about to come to my friend's house that night when two older guys came and teased me. I was so scare that I started to cry when they pulled me to a quiet alley nearby. I tried to scream but they both just too strong. They covered my mouth. I was so helpless."
"Oh my God, Tiff... Seriously?"
"Right when I gave up, suddenly I saw a young woman shouted so loudly, with two cops behind her." She gulped. "I remember it clearly... She knew the two guys. She said, 'What the hell are you doing? Let go that little kid, you .' That's funny though if I remember it. She was so scary. In short, the two guys arrested for what they tried to do to me. She's Jessica, the one who saved me."
"Why didn't see remember you?"
"I mean, I didn't look like the same. Plus, I grew up. Duh."
"That makes sense."
"She hugged me that I cried a lot. I will never forget her. Her face." She smiled while stared down blankly. "I told her my name is Stephanie. This could explains why she didn't recognize me at all. Sometimes, I wish I could turn back, the day I ruined the engagement day. But sometimes I don't."
"Why?"
"Because after it ruined, she met you. You're the one who loves her the most. I'm sure Taylor don't. He never do."
"If that makes her happy..."
"Bull."
"Language."
"Tae..."
"Yeah?"
"Tell me again. You really don't miss her? You're such a bad liar."


I was tight lipped. To be honest, part of me indeed died when she left. Sometimes I wonder if I really had to go to chase her and hear for explanations, but sometimes I just didn't want it. Sometimes I wanted her back, but sometimes I didn't cause I was afraid of getting hurt by her all over again. It's tearing up my heart, with and without her. Dying inside.

I sipped my cold-brewed americano who's left half portion already.
Later I focused on the TV, on the corner of the coffee shop.

'A happy news coming from one of the richest young men in the world, Taylor Kwon. Taylor Kwon is the eldest son of Jonathan Kwon, former chairman of Kwon Properties, Korea's largest real estate developer, based in Los Angeles. Along with his brother, Taylor inherited Jonathan's direct stake.

We've been informed that the eldest Kwon will be soon married to the CEO of the new rising fashion brand, Blanc & Eclare, Jessica Jung. The wedding will be held next 3 months in private ceremony attended by the closest ones and VVIP only. This wedding also remarks the good relationship between the Kwon and the Jung. We all wish both of them all the best until the wedding day.'


"What the f.... No no no... This can't be."

Tiffany reacted to that first. I felt a bitter suffocated me, but it wasn't the coffee.
I couldn't react as I was no longer could hear nothing but my heart shattered to pieces.

"Taeyeon..."

She called my name, but I didn't budge. I felt it was a total dark.

"Taeyeon, I'm sorry..."
"Don't be." I sighed. "I need to go home."

I stood up and walked out without even saying a proper goodbye to Tiffany.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter