The One That Got Away

Paraproia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jessica POV -cause we deserve it]

 

 




"You're my river running high
Run deep, run wild
And I follow you to a deep sea, baby..."

 

 


 

Past years have been busy, but past weeks everything became even tougher. I spent my time mostly on the fashion business I built since three years ago, wait... Has it been three years passed? Really? It feels like just a few days happened as the pain inside me, still there. Even worst, it's proven that day. I just met her. It was the first time we met again, after years. It was the first after years, but somehow I could still recognize her voice clearly. I couldn't be wrong to recognize the most favorite voice I ever heard in my life. Things I buried deep inside me, down there, knocked on my door and I could do nothing but... reopened it freely. I was helpless.

I sat quietly at my office late in the evening. Suddenly my tears just came out. I thought I had learned, and worked hard to stay tough, but a while ago, everything was destroyed when her figure reappeared, when the stranger who stole my heart at a Chinese restaurant back then in Seoul came to my place. She didn't look for me, of course, she moved on. I knew it a long time ago when she was still with... Tiffany. Just seeing her has broken my heart, plus the fact that she is now happy with someone else, and that person is my next number one client, Lee Ji Eun. My mind was floating away... She looked gorgeous today and the most important thing is, I guess she's happier and I have to be happy for her.

I looked out the window when my memory brought some flashbacks that still torn me apart every time I remember it all.
 

I was on a short trip to Nami Island when I thought Krystal needed it to recover the most when I found out something fishy coming from her. We were having lunch on the last day before going back to Seoul cause I missed my Taengo the most. Krystal's phone rang several times when she was at the bathroom and I decided to look at it. I thought that might be from Kai, but instead, I found an initial 'TK' on it. I narrowed my eyebrows, wondering who's TK. Right when I was about to put her phone back, a message sent from TK.


[Krystal... Please reply to me.]
[I'm gonna tell everyone that you're pregnant of my child!]
[I really love you. Please don't ignore me.]
[I'm going to marry you anyway!!!]


I choked. What did he mean by that? Who is this TK?
I couldn't think clearly but I could think of one name, this one name. The pain filled my chest as I tried to deny it. Could it be Taylor Kwon? My ex-fiancé, whom I spent almost 10 years together with him just to know the fact he cheated on me with Tiffany, the one who ruined the engagement. I've received a big pain in my heart when that happened. Loving a wrong person could give you the worst feeling in the world. I couldn't afford the fact if the one who hurt me, might be the father of my sister. Of course I'm not jealous, I just wish it wasn't true cause I want my sister to have a better guy instead of him. Krystal came back to the room with her happy face so I decided to keep quiet until it's all clear.

When arrived in Seoul, I rushed my walk to come to my girlfriend's place to tell about all of this. The first reason was because I missed her so much I couldn't handle. All these hard days, I missed her weird face, her laugh, her annoying joke, her hug and kisses. I was desperately missing and needing her. I was so excited to surprise her as I didn't tell her about my arrival that night. I came with a big smile on my face just to see a guy kissed her, my Taengo, in front of my eyes. I felt devastated. My heart broke to pieces and the worst part is, she didn't even chase me. It's been a rough day with all these voices in my head. I didn't deserve this.
 

 

I shut my eyes, tried to erase the pain but instead, it's like the pain itself laughed at me? I chuckled a little as I felt alive again, as I felt my heart bleed all over again. I tried to escape but my memory seemed to be more than happy to give me another shot, to drown me... way deeper than I allowed it to.

 

That night, I tried to do all my work quickly, remembering that it was my last days as an intern in Vogue and also I had to immediately meet Krystal and Taeyeon in the apartment. Taeyeon found Kai, becoming a waiter in a restaurant in town. I don't understand, but I thought it's good for Krystal to be kept away from Kai first. Besides that, I was still searching to find out who was the 'TK' who had sent a message that I accidentally read. I haven't told Taeyeon anything yet because I think lately it's been a hard day for both of us. I might have to keep looking for another clue by myself.

I was closer the door when I could hear Krystal and Taeyeon voice, had a little conversation, but it wasn't clear. I moved closer. The door was slightly opened. Huh. Krystal is a sloppy one. She's always like this. I pouted and was about to complain as she forgot to close the door tightly when I saw something I would never ever think that will happen. I almost drop the bag of apples on my hand when I saw Krystal kissed my girlfriend on the lips. I was too shock to absorb everything. I moved backward and left instantly from that place as I was sure both of them didn't realize that I stood there. I held my breath and walked quickly to reach back my car. Maybe I should've not left, but I just couldn't stand it.

I entered the car and started to cry louder. It hurt a lot. The pain inside me was indescribable. First I had to think of the possibility that my ex-fiancé indeed cheated on me with own sister, then now, is she going to take my Taeyeon too? It was utterly bitter, but this time is different. I love Taeyeon too much, how do I do?

My phone rang. It was from Krystal.

'Unnie? Where are you now?'
'I'm... I'm still at the office.' I lied, of course.
'Di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter