Into The Unknown

Paraproia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 




It's been a couple of days since that night. I hadn't seen Mr. Hwang at the office, too. Would it be possible that he wasn't at the office, or he wasn't even in Seoul? I felt a little worried as it was reaching the due date for Tiffany to submit the agreement letter to the agency. I tried to check on his room but the door was locked. I couldn't think of what should I do? What could I do? Nothing.

"Unnie... What are you doing?"
"Seo... You surprised me."
"Are you looking for Mr. Hwang?"
"Yeah... But it looks like he's not here."
"I guess so. I've been looking for him too since the last 2 days."
"What's your errand?"

Suddenly she looked blushed. Her cheeks were reddish and she patted my shoulder hard enough, which surprised me.
"I want to tell you first, but since you brok-" She cut her own words. "Hmmm... Since you're so busy and currently needing your own time, I feel like I couldn't do that. I'm sorry unnie..."
"What is it all about?" I questioned her while both of us walked back to our cubicle.

She looked around, making sure that no one was around. It was a lunchtime though.
"Seo... What happened?"
"Unnie... Yonghwa oppa..."
"What's with him?"
"He proposed to me?"
"WHAT? ARE YOU EVEN STILL DATING HIM?"

She chuckled looking at my reaction while my mind brought me back to the past. Jung Yong Hwa. He was my classmate at high school. I remembered his figure as a cool and mature guy, with all those fangirls. He was included in the school band as a lead vocalist which also played guitar. Then I remembered the day Seohyun told me that she liked him, I was worried she's getting hurt though as there were several rumors that he's a player. In short, I knew they both dating each other since then but after graduation he left abroad to take a culinary school. That still surprised me, somehow.

"We are, unnie. I actually broke him up last year, cause we really had hard times. Lack of communication." She explained. "I don't know how he came back and asked me if I want to live with him, be with him."
"Wow... I'm speechless. You didn't talk about him a lot."
"I'm sorry I couldn't tell you about this earlier, unnie. You were so sad back then. I don't think I could bring up the news to you. So, I waited."
"Seo... Are you serious? I mean... It's a big step."
"I have some T&C he has to follow, of course."

I chuckled hearing her answer. Just Seohyun, being Seohyun.
"I always want to take a master degree. So, I will go with him to Italy, but we'll get married after I finished it."
"Italy?"
"I want to take a master in Fl..."
"Florence!" I interrupted her. "I knew it, Seo. You told me a billion times!"
"Unnie..." She looked at me with full emotion in her eyes.
"Seo... Oh my God... I'm so happy for you. I really am." I didn't realize that I started to shed tears, but this time, because I felt so happy for her. "So, you want to apply for resignation from this company and start your new path in Italy, with Yonghwa. I don't know how to say this... I will feel so sad cause you're like my own sister, but I won't hold you of course. I'm so happy cause you deserve all the happiness in life."


I moved forward to reach and hug her tightly. We both cried as we knew it was a farewell, a sudden farewell but couldn't deny the fact that it must be an exciting thing for me. As a friend, a sister, I just feel happy for her, which I really am.

"I asked him to meet you too... after meeting my family this week."
"Jung Yonghwa better take care of my little angel. If not, I will come and track the whole of Italy just to find him."
"Unnie... Ahhhh... I feel so moved. I never knew this will happen."
"You indeed never knew."
"Unnie, this isn't a goodbye. Not today. Not any day. Never." She said. "I will start to move out next week. I really want to make sure that you can take of yourself too..."
"Surely I will, Seo."
"Unnie..."
"Yeah?"



"I really hope you could be happy again. Don't be so hard on yourself, will you? You did great, unnie."

 

 


*** *** ***

 



I took another over time, and that was almost midnight. Seohyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter