The Secret Keeper

Paraproia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


 

 



"Unnie, I bought 3 test packs with a different brand. I really need to make sure. I have to, right? I can't be checking only one brand. I can't trust it just like that. Testing in one brand... it might be wrong, isn't it? I'm right, tell me I'm right, unnie?" I saw fear in her eyes. I could see she was a bit shaking there. She didn't stop talking to cover all the feels she got that time. Her eyes were empty and her breath was weak. I moved closer to reach her. I hugged her tightly, tried not to cry. I had to be strong for her. It's a weird reason that amongst everyone, she chose me, her sister's girlfriend to handle this. I caressed her back, telling her everything is going to be fine in the end, but then that moment was the hardest part to pass. I had to help her to survive this, even if I didn't know-how.

We both looked at the test packs. I stared at her.
"You don't have to do this now if you're not ready. Really."
"No, unnie. I have to face this." She gulped.
"Are you sure?"
"Accompany me, would you?"
"Sure. You can see that I'm here." I smiled.

She sighed deeply before walked into the bathroom. I waited for her to come out. I worried a lot as I looked so uneasy to wait her out. It's been almost 5 minutes that I walked closer to the bathroom door. Right when I was about to knock, I heard somebody's falling inside, it was nobody but Krystal. I opened the door right away and found her sat down on the floor. She looked straight with empty eyes, and those test packs were lying around beside her. I was stoned. That time I knew, the worst thing, happened. I knelt down in front of me, looking closer to the test packs. All of them showed two red stripes. It's a positive.

She cried silently. It broke my heart to see her like that. I just met her, I know. But comparing to the time when I first met her, she looked so bright and cheerful. Now she looked like a cloudy sky, waiting for the heavy rain to come down. She was so helpless and I couldn't help her. I pulled her closer to my arms and hugged her. I couldn't hold myself for more. I let myself crying with her.
"What do I do, unnie?"
"Calm yourself, first..."
"Jessica unnie must be so upset."
"Don't think like that..." I pulled myself to look at her eyes. "She might be mad at you. Well, she will. But you're her only sister. I told you. She loves you. She will have your back for sure. And me too. I'm here for you."
"Unnie, please hug me tighter..." She cried a lot.
"Krystal..."
"Ya, unnie?"
"You should tell him about this." I looked at her seriously.
"But..."
"He has to take responsibility for this." Still, I stared at her. "Do you need me to do it for you?"
"No, unnie. It has to be me."
"Are you sure?"
"I'll text him now... I'll tell him that we have to meet to talk about this."
"Everything's gonna be okay. Please be strong. This shall pass too." I held her hands tightly. I tried so hard to however it is, transferring all of the energies and positivity I still have in me, to her. "Hey, little sist... You look like a mess now. Really." She chuckled while tapping my shoulder and went for another hug. I tried to link it up with Jessica. I meant, Jessica has probably a different figure for her own little sister. Krystal mentioned several times that she didn't want to cause her another problem, another sadness, not after everything that happened to her last year. The question stays the same, what happened with Jessica last year? I knew I should've found out.

Suddenly my phone beeped and Jessica's name appeared on the screen. I gave Krystal a gesture that I had to pick it up.

 

"Heyyyyyy... Baby where are you? I texted you several times."
"I just... I just finished my work, babe. Oh I'm sorry I must've skipped it."
"You're still at the office? This late?"
"I am." I laughed a little, awkwardly. "What's up?"
"Can't I call my girlfriend?"
"Whoa... Easy... That's not what I meant..."
"Krystal is gone, somewhere. I couldn't reach her." I glanced at Krystal while kept on listening.
"Maybe she's with Sunny?"
"Or other friends. Anyway, since it's Friday night, don't you wanna come home to me?" She teased me cutely.
"Do you want it?"
"DO YOU WANT IT?"
"Baby..." I chuckled hearing her response. "I always want to be with you. Don't question it."
"I'll see you soon, then?"
"Sur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter