The Ex-Boyfriend

Paraproia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This too shall pass like always. I’ll be stronger once again.

 

 

 

 

The moment when I realized the very good charming guy was Kai, I felt like punching him right away for everything he has done to Krystal. How could I not? Jessica went to push him away and locked the door, didn't want to cause any noise so that'd wake Krystal from her sleep. She pushed Kai to the wall and gripped his shirt angrily before she slapped him strongly on his left cheek. I managed to get her calm somehow. Meanwhile, Kai looked terribly in a confusion. He kept on trying if he could meet Krystal but we both didn't allow that to happen. I proposed all of us to talk in another place.

We all sat together in a VIP lounge at this apartment. Nobody said a thing. I could see Jessica tried to deal with her anger a lot. Her pale skin, her growling mouth, and her cold straight sight to Kai. I myself really didn't know what to do, but somebody had to start it all.
"So Kai, you may not know me, I'm..." I glanced at Jessica. "I'm Taeyeon, a friend of Jessica. We don't think it's a good time for you to come after everything."
"What everything? What did I do?" He replied quickly.
"You should've not came here, Kai." Jessica interrupted. She was a little aggressive, I had to hold her.
"Why? Noona, please?"
"You knew what you did. You should've not hurt her!!!"
"I knew I made a mistake. But I love her so much I couldn't resist not to meet her."
"Don't you dare to say you love her!!!"
"Why not? I do. Why can't I say that?"
"You'd better leave now!"

Jessica stood up and looked at him angrily, it was all over her face. Kai looked at her, with a billion questions in his eyes. I found it weird. Didn't he know what happens to Krystal? Or that he just acting up? There were a lot of questions in my mind without any clue, but my mind freeze when I saw at Kai whose eyes started to glaze over. He stood up, looking straight to Jessica, leaving me sitting in the middle of, watching both of them.

"Jessica noona... I made a mistake. I should've said no to my dad when he tried to make me date his best friend's daughter. But all I did just... I just met her to talk as a friend, telling her I already have a girlfriend. It was a mistake that she didn't hear it from me directly, but from my friends. That was cause I had to deal with my father first, with my family. I needed time. When I talked to her, she just pushed me away and flew here to Seoul." A tear finally fell down. I was surprised to see what was happening. "You may not trust me, but I really didn't mean to lie and hurt her. I wouldn't want to. I'm so young, but I know I love her so much."
"Then why did you push her away when she contacted you last couple weeks?"
"Wh- What are you talking about?"
"She told you about the result. You pushed her away. She dealt with it alone. You're a ing loser, Kai."
"Wait... She asked me to wait until she got back but she never reached me back. I've been waiting for it." He replied uneasily. "What result? What was she dealt with?"


That was the time I realized there's something wrong, a missing puzzle to this story. Kai was stoned looking at Jessica who was sitting down weakly and leaned on me. It was totally confusing and out of our minds. Kai suddenly knelt down in front of us, grabbing both of Jessica's hands.
"Noona..." He asked softly. "What happened? Tell me. I don't understand."
"Kai..." I interrupted. "You really didn't get her message?"
"What message?"
"She tried to contact you once. She sent you a message, telling you about her..." I stopped for a while. That was the toughest part. "Her pregnancy."
"Her what?"
"Her pregnancy. But then she told me you replied, by saying that she had to let you go. You pushed her away." Kai was listening, bowed limply while softly let Jessica's hands-off. "She was devastated by that. She consumed a lot of medicines... probably tried to kill herself. Thank God, it didn't happen but she got a miscarriage. Today is the first day that she left the hospital. Seeing you won't be good for her, at least not now."


He looked down and cried silently. Jessica looked at me, questioning a lot of things I don't have any clue to answer.
"Kai..." Jessica called him to look up. He looked up, and he did cry a lot.
"Noona, I didn't do this all. I couldn't imagine how she dealt with this all. I'm so sorry... But I didn't know about this all."
"I don't un--"
"I don't know who texted her from my phone. I don't know about the pregnancy, and about the... miscarriage." He looks very hurt by saying that. "I'm sorry... But I really don't understand and I'm angry of myself right now. Noona, I really didn't know this all."
"Are you sure, Kai? Do you mean somebody else texted her through your phone?"
"I don't know, noona..."
"Krystal told me she told your big sister about this. Didn't she tell you?" I replied to him.

He glared at me, looking like finally solve the missing puzzle -I guess. He put both of his hands to his head and grabbed his hair as he looks frustrated a lot. 
"You really don't know about this all?"
"I don't." He shook his head. "How is she right now? Please tell me she's okay..."
"She's good. But she can't meet you right now."
"I understand..."
"Kai..."
"Jessica noona..."
"Fix yourself first before coming back again. It's clearly there are lots of people behind you who aren't happy with this relationship. If it cause her sadness, I wont let her meet you ever again. She has lost too much. I don't think you can make her feel whole again."
"Please give me a chance..."
"Kai..."
"Just one chance, noona."
"If that day we couldn't save her, I'd find you and kill you. Why would I risk her to feel it again for you?"
"Because it wasn't me, noona. I waited for her, I was almost getting crazy." He knelt down again, holding both of Jessica's hands again. "Noona, I love her so much. All of these facts killed me. You have no idea. But please, one single chance. Just one."
"Just do what you think it's right for you. For her. But if you hurt her, I swear I will kill you."
"I agree..." He smiled in between the tears they shared together, him and Jessica.
"What are you gonna do right now?"
"Fly back to the US. I need to fix myself first as you said. I hope the chance is still there when I'm back."
"Please don't hurt her..."
"I won't."


He stood up and bowed down a little to us. He turned back his body, prepared to leave from that place.
"Kai..."
"How could you know about my apartment?"
"I didn't at first. Also I didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter