The Golden Star

Paraproia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


 

"Fate has its own way of putting us together,
when we try our best to leave everything behind."

 

 

 

 


"You seem so quiet, too quiet. Is there something bothering your mind, babe?"


I finally woke up from the thoughts that filled my head. I shook my head, trying to act normal. In fact, I couldn't deny the fact that I had this disappointment in my chest that I couldn't be able to meet the one I was looking for. I can't understand myself, though. Why should I feel disappointed with this all? I mean, even if I met her again, what would I do? What would I say? 'Hello, I'm looking for you? Where'd you go?'. You're clearly a mess, Kim Taeyeon.

"Really? You don't wanna talk about it?"
"I'm not gonna talk about anything cause I don't have anything to share with you, baby..." I tried to convince her. I held her hand, trying to find a thing to hold on. "Really. Maybe it's just because I still feel unwell since yesterday. I'm not used to it, to travel anywhere like a celebrity, like you." I pinched her cheek while giving her an annoying laugh.

She held my arm so tight as she leaned on my shoulder where I wrapped her.
"I became too busy, right? I'm sorry..."
"Why do you suddenly bringing up this topic?"
"I just feel like I have so little time for you. Even at your good friend's wedding, you had to accompany too." She looked sad. I caressed her cheek while giving the best smile I could wear on my face. "It must be boring dating me. I really think of quitting, actually."
"Quit what?"
"My career... I just want to be with you."
"What are you talking about?"
"I'm serious."
"You clearly not."
"I am." She frowned. I turned my body so that I could fully face her.
"You're still young and probably at the peak of your career, Jieun-ah... You told me about your dreams, about why you started it all, about what you gonna achieve in the future... Don't let anything or anyone change you like that." I glanced at her. "Not even me."
"What if I really wanna give it up for you?"
"Why would you? I won't be happy."
"Why?"
"Cause I know, deep downside, you want it. To achieve your dreams, you always want it. Nothing could stop you."
"I couldn't ask for a better girlfriend, you know that."
"Don't overthink, okay?"


She nodded while skinking her face to my arm. I took a deep breath, trying to clear up my mind. I needed to get myself back to reality, where I have a girlfriend, and her name is Lee Ji Eun. Also, I'm no longer a corporate worker, I'm a songwriter. I buried the old Kim Taeyeon years ago, deep inside the darkest place in my heart. I couldn't go back. Looking at Ji Eun who slept on my arm, I leaned my head down to my travel pillow, desperately trying to close my eyes.

 

 

 

 

We spent several days at Seohyun and Yonghwa place in Florence. They have a fairly large house on the outskirts of the city with a large garden plus its patio and a beautiful balcony that is used to have 'tea time'. On the day of her wedding, I shed tears happily. Right after the ceremony, I held her tight, transferring all my happiness and good wishes to her. It was enough to make me emotional, until Seohyun repeatedly hugged me and promised that she would still be my little sister, and whenever I wanted, I could always come to her place.

It was the last day that I should go back to Paris with Ji Eun. Since Hanteo or any staff didn't follow us to Florence, Ji Eun and I actually managed to spend our time to have a quality time that rarely could happen. Actually, Ji Eun had to stay in Paris since there were some matters to do but she insisted she didn't want it as she had to accompany me to Florence. Finally it's decided that Hanteo will stay to take care of everything. I felt happy that we could still have it, though.

Seohyun helped me to pack my stuffs while Ji Eun was enjoying her breakfast with Yonghwa.
"Unnie..."
"Yes, Seohyunie?"
"I'm happy that you have a girlfriend now. She's a good woman." She smiled at me softly. "Well... Not to mention she's a famous singer."
"I didn't even know she's a famous singer at first we met."
"That's because you weren't so up to date... Aish..."
"Maybe that was good for me. If I fell silent like an idiot while meeting her, she wouldn't be my girlfriend."

We shared laughter. It's been quite a while to have a light conversation with Seohyun. Some have changed from my life, some people are changed too, but I guess the bond I have with these closest people, like Seohyun, won't easily break.
"Almost finish..." I zipped my luggage.
"Unnie..."
"Yes?"
"Are you happy?"

I tilted my head softly, questioning back the question.
"Why do you ask me that?"
"I have no idea... I just want to make sure you're happy."
"Everything is perfect and thanks to you too, I'm a happier big sister." I hugged her tightly.
"Please come here every time you need it." She repeated it. "Your little sister will always open the door for you. I hope Ji Eun unnie will take care of you the way you take care of me. The most important thing, I hope you could take care of yourself too. Don't forget that you have a migraine, and gastric problem... Do you still drink americano a lot??? Do you eat properly?"
"Seohyun-ah... I'll be okay." We hugged tightly as we had to bid a farewell. "Your unnie will take care of herself. Trust me!"
"I'm sure you do, unnie." She winked at me. "Just so you remember, you don't need perfection to be happy, unnie."
 

Her words zipped my mouth. That was the wisest talk we've done. Also, she indeed grew up.

Around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter