City Love

Paraproia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

309. It was my birthday. I supposedly traveled to Paris around 2 days ago but with the fact I had to finish my jobs in Seoul, I had to postpone. I entered Incheon Airport that morning to fly me to Paris as requested by Seohyun. We both thought that it might be a good idea to be in Paris again, so I could take some rest, to clear up my mind. I felt a little sleepy at that time but I always love a morning flight. Seohyun confirmed that Yoona would pay a visit as she planned too, as well with Ji Eun. I told her about my plan to come to Paris to visit Seohyun, also to celebrate my birthday so I invited her and Hanteo oppa too which she was gladly said yes to that.


Beep... Beep...
My phone rang, waking me up from my thoughts.

"Taeyeon-ah..."
"Yeah..."
"It's quite early, but... happy birthday!"
"Thanks, Ji Eun..."
"Are you at the airport already?"
"Yes. I'm on the boarding gate already."
"Alright. Hanteo oppa and I will pick you up. Seo just phoned me to ask for help. She'll be doing some things."
"You don't have to do it, Jieun-ah..." Yes. I had a conversation with Ji Eun. Besides Seohyun's idea, Ji Eun was the one who actually asked me to come. She thinks it'd be good for me to celebrate my birthday that year surrounding by the closest people around. My relationship with Ji Eun works perfectly: we're friends who keep on supporting each other. I feel so thankful for that. "I don't want to bother you. I can take a cab instead."
"Yahhh? Why are you saying that? No. We will pick you up." She shouted quite louder.
"Arasseo..." I chuckled.
"Taeyeon..."
"Yeah?"
"I'm sorry... The meeting is probably postponed. Ms. Sulli just called me, she said the meeting will take place as it has to, which is in May. She'll be taking a leave, also she said that... Jessica recently refused to be contacted. Ms. Sulli said she couldn't inform me more about it because, of course... her privacy. I'm nobody but her client. Besides, I think she's taking a leave too."
"I understand... Jieun-ah... Please don't be sorry about it. It's none of your fault." I begged her. I thought that I didn't deserve her kindness. "Besides... I'm coming to Paris to celebrate my birthday. I don't think I'll find her here too."
"Tae, she's working like crazy, then she suddenly disappeared,"
"Hey... Let's not involve you any deeper than this. It's not good for you."
"I'm sorry... Hahaha... I feel curious about myself. This woman..." She laughed.
"Huh? What's with the laugh?"
"You'd better make her stick with you after this long finding." She chuckled which made me laugh. "And she'd better say yes, for god sake!!! I didn't give you free."
"We'll see... Or maybe she doesn't want me anymore by now."
"Yahhh... Why are you even joking like that?" She yelled at me. "Tae, I have to go. Safe flight and text me later on when you arrived, okay?"
"Sure. Thanks, Ji Eun. I'll see you very soon."
 

 

 

 

 

 

Ji Eun told me that she'd be late around 20-30 minutes cause she had to run some errands before picking me up, so I decided to come to an Italian restaurant at the arrival gate as I felt way too hungry right when I arrived. I arrived around lunchtime so the restaurant was a little more crowded. I stood in front of the restaurant, checking the menu book while waiting to be seated.

"We met again..." A woman with a baby pink blouse and blue jeans greeted me. I stared at her for a while to recognize her face that rings a bell to me. I kept on staring until my memory brought me back to the day I met her. "Do you still remember me?"
"Oh... Hello. Irene... Irene Kim, right? I met you at the festival back then."
"Yes. That's right. Doing business in Paris?" She smiled at me with a little teasing on her note.
"I'm visiting a friend."
"Oh. Are you visiting Jessica too?"
"Jessica? She's here???" I felt my voice rising.
"Yeah. I thought you're visiting her too here."

Suddenly I forgot that I was there to eat and ignored the call from the waitress.

"No. But, I actually looking for her. I just couldn't contact her."
"Oh. Yeah, she's hiding from the media. You know..."
"I know... I couldn't contact her as well."
"Have you phoned her?"
"I... I don't have her private number."
"Seriously? What kind of friend are you?
"She's so busy. I couldn't manage to meet her as she traveled a lot and... she didn't even reply to messages. Her assistant told me she has another... private number that I don't have it. Only the closest ones have it. That's why... I'm not the closest one." I smiled bitterly.
"Oh. Yeah, I told you that woman doesn't even breathe..." She laughed a little. "Here's her number. You'd better hurry. I'm catching the flight."
"T-Th... Thank you." I never knew why it was so easy for her to give Jessica's private number to me. I was left speechless.
"You're welcome, Taeyeon. Next time, you don't lie to me."


I was shocked that she called me by my real name. I could clearly remember that I introduced myself as Jessica's manager at Vogue, the one I met during the workshop session, back then in Seoul. How could she know about me?


"Yeah... I know you're Taeyeon. Short, pale skin, pretty face..." She smiled at me warmly. "I told Jessica that somebody's looking for her that day, but then she told me that you're not Kim Hyoyeon. She showed me your photo on her phone and voilà... it was you. You're the ex-girlfriend. Why did you even lie about it?"
"I'm sorry... I have my own reason." I was still speechless, failing to respond properly.
"That's okay, babe. So, if you want to meet her, you might need to go to the office... the museum now. Guess she'll be leaving around 4 PM, I guess?"
"What? She's at the museum now?"
"I had a meeting with her an hour ago before going to the airport."
"Where will she go after this?"
"Home. In the US. She has to do some preparations for the wedding."


My heartbeat stopped, once again. I tried my best to chase her everywhere, I felt like I'm dying. What's with this wedding thing? Was she going to marry someone else again cause she finally moved on from me? God better kill me, but this time, he really really has to do so.

"Not her wedding, babe..." She continued. That was when I exhaled my breath deeply. "It's Sulli's wedding, her personal assistant. You know her, right? Sulli is like her own sister so she would be a maid of honor for her."
"Oh... Thank God."
"You're cute." She laughed. "I have to go. Jessica didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter