Summer Storm

Paraproia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'...cause I heard that you sleep better tonight in the summer storm with you and I..."
 

 

 

 

 


I stood still and with all my ability, I tried to remain standing even though I felt my legs were very weak.

"Tiffany, right?"
"Krystal." Tiffany looked at her sharply. Way too sharp.
"It's been a while..." She smirked with her usual style. "Is it a challenging thing or what for you... to snatch somebody else's girlfriend?"
"Shut up..."
"Uh... Cold. By the way, do you finally claim yourself as a lesbian now? Or what?"
"I said shut up."
"I still remember... Who's the name of your girlfriend you dumped in front of everyone just because you can't admit that you're gay back then?" I didn't understand the situation, but Krystal looked like she was about to end Tiffany at that point. "Ah! Choi Sooyoung! That poor girl. Would you rather call her poor or stupid for dating a snake-like you?"

A hard slap landed on Krystal's cheek. However, she immediately turned to Tiffany with a mocking expression.
"You're not taking this one, Tiffany." Krystal referred to me. I felt like closing the door and leave them both. I couldn't stand it.
"I didn't mean to hurt Jessica... I wish I knew... Just forget it." She wrapped her bag. "I'm leaving."
"Don't plan to come back, you !"
"Keep your dirty word inside your mouth, Krystal." Tiffany looked at me. "Taeyeon, I'm sorry. I was just too emotional. I'm leaving now."



I stood still, in the middle of 'I want to know more' but 'I don't want to know'. It was . Krystal's focus was totally on me. She stared at me straight and it was through me. It wasn't Jessica, but it felt like I was being caught in cheating my girlfriend, while I didn't. I will never.
"It's not like you think it is."
"What? That she likes you too, like I do? Then she kissed you?"
"That's..."
"That's exactly the fact, isn't it?"
"I don't know. I'm not sure if she likes m..."
"...Are you an idiot?" She raised her left eyebrow. "Of course she likes you. She kissed you, you stupid."
"Should I care?"
"You're indeed unpredictable." She was still stared at me. Still sharp. "Did you sleep with her last night?"
"No. Of course not. We're friends." I was too tired to explain. "We had fun last night and slept here, on my couch. Hope that explains. Krystal, please... It's been tough days for me recently. I just don't need you to put a lemon juice to my wound."


"Unnie is sick..." Finally, a word came out of her mouth. "But she's still working. I was thinking to pick you up."
"How? Why didn't you ask her to take a rest?"
"As you should? Go talk to her, mad girl."
"Where is she?"
"At Golden Stars. Our fashion retail company." She turned her back. "If you still care about her, then you might wanna follow me now."
"Can you wait for a while? I need to take my phone."
"Sure." She replied coldly.
"Krystal..."
"Yeah?"
"Please don't tell her about it all."
"You're afraid of it?"


Her cold face pierced my heart. Really, I didn't know what to say. However, I think that is the right thing. Jessica is sick. She needed me, or at least that's what I thought. She certainly didn't any need drama spice in the current state. I just wanted to go see my girlfriend, take her home and hold her until all the wounds are gone.
"I won't..."
"Thank you." I felt awkward, but I feel relieved.
"You really afraid of losing her, aren't you?"
"I will not." I determined.
"Be ready."
"Ready for what?"



"Be ready to go. Did you change your mind?"
She left me behind.

 


 

 

 

Krystal drove me to Jessica's office in her white Cadillac. She didn't say much and I felt grateful for that. Since what happened last day, I still don't understand how I should behave towards her. I considered that as a fortune, where on that day she did not talk much to me. I tried to call Jessica, but there was no answer. I tried to send her a few short messages, letting her know that I was heading to her place. I guess she was so busy.

The traffic wasn't bad. We arrived in around 15 minutes driving. Krystal still didn't talk a lot to me. I assumed, she's pissed off as well with the situation. Honestly, I never really believed when she said that she falls for me. To me, it's just a coincidence that I came to her life, being a good companion during her hard times. As odd as it feels, Krystal might look like so close to her sister, Jessica, but I felt like they have some kind of problem hidden behind. Maybe... Just maybe... I thought about one name. This man named Taylor Jung. Did Jessica indeed take her boyfriend? How could she do that? Am I just a weapon to launch a revenge for Krystal? Or that Tiffany just mistaken, that all of this time Taylor Kwon never dated Krystal, but Jessica. I didn't know.

"Let's go!" She asked me to go out of the car.


We entered the elevator and went to the 8th floor directly.
We stopped in front of the door on the left corner of its floor: CEO ROOM.

It doesn't look like an office space I expected, honestly. Not even a little bit. It looks more like a luxury suite. When I entered the room, I faced an extremely spacious living room with a Steinway & Sons piano in the corner of the room. I looked around, there are some rooms inside this room. I assumed those are smaller meeting rooms inside, or I don't know. It was my first time to enter a big office space like that. Jung family is defi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter