Yoong X - Interlaced

Romantic Street: Crossroad of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is my mom's birthday today. Happy birthday, mom! Hope you're happy there in the other world! Gosh, I miss her so much.

Okay, enough of my personal drama. I wanted to give an update today too since I am bored waiting for Jessica's new song which would be released later. It's been two years. Damn it.

Anyway,  This chapter is fun. I don't know. I had fun writing this so I am hoping you guys will enjoy it too. Hahaha. It got SooSic, Hyosic, YulSic, TaengSic, and YoonSic in it. There's a little bit of JeTi too. See how much of a playgirl baby Jessi is? But, since I'm a very generous author, I will spoil you guys with the endgame at the end of this chap. Don't scroll at the end that fast. trollolololol.

PS: i am spazzing over how cute my DP is right now. so freaking cute. I wanna cry every time I see Yoongie's puppy crying face. T_T  --> Link to Yoongie's crying cutey face like you wanna hug Yoongie baby and say everything is going to be okay

 

 

Three days from that widely recognized university prank all over Seoul was the day of enrolment in Se Kyung University for the second semester of freshmen year.

Apparently, Jessica didn't tell me that it is also the death anniversary of her mother, Anna Jung. She told me about it only when I picked her up from her apartment for us to go to Se Kyung together and said we needed to drop by the cemetery first.

I sighed deeply. I was not ready. It was in the back of my mind. I already stared at the tombstone of her mom before when we first visited here. So, I was aware of the date. SIlly me. I was so happy being with her that I forgot this important date for her. 

It was a silent moment as we arrived there. This time, she's too quiet as she stared at her mom's tomb. I happened to do the same and just stood by her side.

Thoughts have then lingered in my mind. What if those chances of meeting each other happened before, probably her mother would still be alive. I'll fall for her. She'll fall for me. She wouldn't fall for that guy who hurt her the most in the first place then. All of these tragedies wouldn't have happened to her.

But... is that how destiny works?

They say that no matter how much you try to make a detour in your journey towards life, you will still end up on the fate that was written for you before you were even born. No matter which path you'd take.


A few minutes later, someone showed up. It was her sister again. I tried to move forward and shield her but Jessica stopped me and told me to make a distance. I complied and just took three steps back. I am scared that her sister will hurt her again.

"And why are you here?" Her sister asked. "Didn't I tell you to stop visiting this place?"

"She's my mother too, Krystal." Before Krystal could even rebut, she cut her off, "And I killed her. I know. You don't have to shove that to my face all the time because I am aware of what I did."

Krystal was taken aback. Then she redirected to their mom's tombstone. "Go away. Leave." she uttered.

"This is a public place. I am allowed to be here too."

"You sure love getting on my nerves, huh?"

"Let's just stop this, Krystal. Our mother is dead. You blame me. I blame myself. I am now eating the consequence just like how you always say. I am suffering just as how you wanted me to be. So, can't you just stop? I am tired of you always stating the obvious."

It seems to me that this embracing darkness outlook in life as she referred to, somehow made her strong. I smiled from the thought. I think this is a good coping mechanism for her. Well... I was completely hesitant before but I am starting to appreciate it now.

Jessica was still staring intently at their mother's grave. Krystal glanced at her. It was not a look of hatred. But, it was more of a look of worriment on her younger sister. Based on how I see it, I think they do care for each other. It's just that having different fathers have made them a bit distant to one another.

Krystal then stared back to their mom's grave.

"Dad wants you to visit him." Jessica said.

"Why? What does he need from me?"

"He wants to see you."

"I am not his daughter. Why need to see me?"

"Don't ask me because that is not my concern. I am just his messenger."

It was then a long silence.

After a few moments, Krystal asked her, "How are you doing?"

"I am not okay. I will never be okay."

"..."

"And you?"

"I am not okay too and never will."

Another long silence. Afterwards, Jessica then bid, "Goodbye." She started to walk away.

Before I could follow her, Krystal then uttered to me, "Are you taking care of her?"

"Y-yes."

"Good." She looked back at her mother's grave. "Don't give up on her..."

"..."

"She'll open her heart to you someday."

 

 


---

 

 

 

Jessica went back to her normal snob-and-sweet treatment on me as we arrived in front of Se Kyung university. 

"This is going to be fun. I think Yuri-hyung, Taeyeon-hyung, Hyoyeon-noona, and Sooyoung are gonna be here now too. I can't wait for them to see the look on their faces when they see you. Ha! I bet they're going to stop on teasing me about you being a transgender. I haven't had the chance to tell them your real name, though. I was busy the past few weeks but---"

She then cut me off, "Wait." She tugged on my shirt to stop me from walking too.

"What is it?"

"I need you to do me a favor."

"Err- okay. What is it?"

"Pretend we don't know each other. Pretend this is the first time we see each other."

"What?!"

"What what?"

"I can't do that! I want to tell them to their faces! You don't know how much humiliation I got from them when they teased me in public for being gay!"

"You still can't."

I groaned, "You are unfair!"

"This is a favor, Yoong. Can't you just spare me this?"

"Why don't you want me to tell them who you are?"

"I don't want complications."

"What? You're being ridiculous. What complications would that be?"

"Don't tell anyone."

"What?"

"Yuri and I have a past."

"You're kidding."

"I am not."

"You're lying and I know you inside out when you lie to me!"

"Fine."

"..."

"..."

"Jessica!"

"Sooyoung and I have a past."

I looked at her disapprovingly.

"Fine." She rolled her eyes away. "I am irritated at that Taeyeon. We don't have a past, okay. He just irks me so much."

"Why?"

"Our families are rivals."

"Oh."

"..."

"What do you mean by that?"

"My father killed his father."

My jaw dropped. It was indeed shocking. Damn it. How could that slip off from my mind again? I forgot Taeyeon-hyung's father was murdered by a Jung. This is so ing messed up. No. This would be so ing... Aigoo. I don't know how to react, actually. I am so ing shocked.

"Yoong."

"Y-yeah?" I said and faked a smile.

"Don't think too much. It's just a fight between our families. It's not a big deal. But, just don't tell anyone about us. That would spare you from the awkwardness with him too. Pretend you didn't know."

"Okay. But... I can just pretend I didn't know about that fact and can just still brag you on them."

"Just do what I ask!" she shouted in so much rage as she glared at me deadly.

"No."

She groaned, "Why is this hard for you, huh?!"

"Because I don't understand your logic."

"Fine! Yuri and I have a past! Happy?!"

"I do not believe you!"

She clasped her hands together then closed her eyes as if begging to me, "This matters. Do not tell anyone about us. Please. Please. Please."

"Fine." 

"Really?!" Her face lit up as she looked back at me.

"No."

She then frowned, "What do you want me to do to make you agree?"

"I don't know. Convince me."

"Fine." She then went closer to me then whispered. "I will agree to date you for a day."

I chuckled, "Stupid. Even if you say that, we've been impliedly dating anyway."

She groaned again, "Fine. I will agree to be your girlfriend-for-a-day."

"What are the terms?"

"You say the terms."

"You will remove that makeup of yours?"

"Okay."

"You will not wear anything with a hint of Goth?"

"Yes."

"You will call me Yoongie, baby, or husband?"

"Fine."

"You will take care of me?"

"Yes."

"You will be a normal girl?"

"I am a normal girl, idiot."

"No. You know what I mean with a normal girl. Crazy and in love with me."

"Fine."

"You will shower me random kisses?"

"Fine."

"You will tell me you love me with all your heart for the whole day? Multiple times?"

"Aissshhh... Okay!"

"And the day starts at midnight then ends at midnight too?"

"Yes."

"That means I can stay at your place and we can sleep together?"

"Sleep together just beside each other. Just like the last time."

"What? No is on the table?"

"No is on the table."

"Then, that's not what you call girlfriend-for-a-day. Sorry, I'm out."

"YOONG!"

"I had with all my girlfriends. I'm sorry. That is the definition of a girlfriend to me."

She then groaned loudly and rolled her eyes again as she looked away. "You are really demanding."

"It's okay, Jessica. I can just tell and brag everyone we are 'friends with benefits'. You know... making out with no strings attached. I'm gonna brag that to my hyungs. To everyone."

"Shut up."

"And I love you too."

"Aiishhhh-- you're really irking me! Fine! I will agree with touching! Just touching with clothes on!"

"But, you will give me freedom in case you'll be tempted?"

We both stared at each other's eyes. She's trying to read my mind now, I know. And so I am too. I know that she knows if she agrees on that condition, shell get tempted eventually and I'll win this.

"Fine." she finally said.

"Good." I leaned to her ear and whispered, "I will choose the date me and you will become boyfriend and girlfriend, okay? So always be ready, wife. Make sure I am satisfied or else I'll tell everyone."

She then facepalmed herself. I bet she's regretting what she offered me now. Gosh. She really looks so cute.

Yes, my wife. You will regret this because I will make sure you will fall in love with me so hard, you will have no way out.

 

 


---

 

 


I arrived at the enrolment hall of Se Kyung University. It was a damn hell of a long line. Jessica and I decided to not go in together so I went ahead. Apparently, there is a sudden halt of the enrolment so everyone's like stuck in the hall while waiting for the enrolment to resume. Tsk tsk. Se Kyung University has already disappointed me.

A loud cheer and squeal of many girls inside the hall erupted as I got inside. "Yoong!" many girls called my name then flirtatiously smiled at me. Hmm. I didn't know I would also be popular in this place too. Well, as far as I know, my popularity is kind of just university-wide, not inter-university if you know what I mean?

I found my friends, Yuri-hyung, Taeyeon-hyung, Hyoyeon-noona and Sooyoung waiting in one of the lines.

"Yo, what's up!!!" I shouted at them as I approached.

They were all startled from seeing me. "Yoong!!!" 

"What are you doing here?" Taeyeon-hyung asked.

"I'm gonna study here with you guys!"

"Whoa?!" they all shouted then cheered. They all hugged me one by one as soon as I got closer to them.

"Why you didn't tell us?" Yuri-hyung said.

"I want to surprise you guys."

"This is awesome!" Sooyoung shouted. "The four musketeers plus Hyoyeon are together! Solid together now!'"

Taeyeon-hyung butted, "You know, we can just call our group Power Rangers then with Hyo here as our pink ranger."

"Not cool, bro." we all said.

"It's lame. So lame." Sooyoung-hyung said.

My so-called fangirls then continued to give me greetings and giggles. I can't be a snob so I just waved my hand and smiled in return.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. These girls." Sooyoung uttered. "They were just cheering for me earlier now they're into you."

Taeyeon-hyung snapped, "Don't worry. I felt the same way. I was here first and they were all crazy for me. When Yuri came, they all went in haywire for him quickly."

Hyoyeon-noona then butted, "I guess the four of you will just share the same swarm of girls from now on then. Feel sorry for you guys."

Yuri-hyung butted, "Don't count me on that. I'm not really interested in them, anyway."

Taeyeon-hyung then chuckled, "I would seriously become the happiest when it turns out Yuri's dream girl is also studying here and she turned out to be my fangirl."

"I think she'll have a better taste in men, Taeyeon." Yuri-hyung said.

"Yah!" the former complained. Now, they started to spar like in a boxing match.

Sooyoung then asked me, "Did you do that foamy paradise in Ah In before you left?"

"Yup."

"Niceeeeeeee!!!!" all of them except for Yuri-hyung shared a high-five with me. He was just looking at me disapprovingly while shaking his head.

"Stop being a killjoy, hyung." I told him. "You know I was just marking my legacy there. I don't want to leave that place without actually leaving something for them to remember me in their hearts forever."

"Why did you decide to leave Ah In, anyway?" he asked. "That place is really the best place for you to pursue your targeted major. Why waste transferring here?"

"Well... I got bored. Hey, don't you want me to be here, hyung?"

"It's not like that. I am just looking after you and for your betterment."

Taeyeon-hyung and Sooyoung then teased, "Awwwww." Sooyoung then added, "You know, Yul, that kind of concern sometimes lead to romantic admiration."

"Shut the up, praying mantis."

"What did you say?!" And now, they're sparring too.

I sighed deeply. I guess the rest of my college days would really be entertaining since I am with my friends. Plus Jessica, of course. It's like going to school is something I would be really looking forward to every day now.

Wait, speaking. Where the heck is that woman?

All of a sudden, there was a guy who rushed into the hall and shouted, "The dark ice princess is here!"

"WHOA!" most of the guys shouted. They all started to become so excited and started to stretch their necks out as if looking at the entrance to anticipate for that princess' arrival.

And then, she has arrived.

Why did I even bother to think who it was? Of course, it was my wife they were all spazzing about.

She's still wearing the same eye-makeup as earlier but now sporting a lighter-colored lipstick. But this is what's shocking... She's now wearing a ponytail with side bangs plus... freaking plus... thick-framed glasses!

I am totally spazzing crazily like a fanboy inside. She's like a geeky emo princess with this current look of hers. She's too freaking beautiful. Damn it. Freaking damn it! I am crying inside since it's like I am seeing a Goddess in real life. It's like my eyes are blessed just by seeing her.

I guess it was not only me. Everyone in the hall was awed by her beauty. Yes, including all of my friends. 

She started to walk towards the lines. A lot of guys offered for her to cut in their line. "Miss! You can cut in here!" the guy said. And she just rolled her eyes away and continued to walk to find a line elsewhere. "She rolled her eyes on me! She rolled her eyes on me!" that guy said and the other guys were like envious on him.

Sooyoung then snapped to Yuri-hyung, "Dude. Now, I do not regret transferring here." Then, he suddenly shouted as he raised his hand, "Dibs on her! I call dibs on dating her!"

"You cannot call dibs on that, Soo!" I complained.

"I can call dibs, bro!" he shouted back at me out of rage and we both engaged in a glaring battle.

Suddenly, Yuri-hyung shouted, "Jessica! Over here! You can cut the line here!"

Wait. How did he know her?

Sooyoung looked at Yuri-hyung. "That's Jessica?"

"Yeah." Yuri-hyung said. "She's just wearing dark makeup now but try stare at her and this." He then pulled out his favorite sketch pad from his bag. He flipped all the pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter