Jessica II -  Death

Romantic Street: Crossroad of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And do you think I ever loved you?"

"Did you really think I've always loved you?"

"I never loved you, Jessica. I never did."

Those words... Those heartbreaking words... Were those really true, Taeyeon?

"I never loved you, Jessica. I never did."

Was he just lying to me?

"I never loved you, Jessica. I never did."

His eyes... I can still remember how he looked at me when he said those words.

"I never loved you, Jessica. I never did."

I felt he was telling the truth. I felt it really did come from his heart. He never loved me.

"I never loved you, Jessica. I never did."

He never really loved me.

 

I am walking back home lifelessly as tears roll down my eyes. I am still overwhelmed with those words Taeyeon said to shatter my heart into pieces.

"I love you, Jessica Jung." he said.

"I don't care about the past. I don't care about the conflict between our families." he said.

"I want to take this path with you. I want to be with you." he said.

"That's all that matters to me." he said.

I felt those words were real. I really felt those were true.

What should I believe, Taeyeon?

"I never loved you, Jessica. I never did."

Why did you have to break my heart?

 


I couldn't think straight anymore. All the people around me as I walk tried to console me. But, I could never recognize nor respond to their worriment on me. My mind has started to drift away to nothingness. The pain has struck me so much. I feel like I am inside a nightmare.

 


I arrived home. My mom immediately noticed me as she came out of the dining room. 

"What happened?" she asked. She went closer to me. I couldn't help myself but cry in her arms.

"Taeyeon... Taeyeon never loved me... He said he-- he said he was just playing me. He said he--- never really loved me."

"It's okay, Sweetheart. It's okay."

"Mom... It hurts so much. It really hurts." I buried my face in her neck as I sobbed hard.

"It's okay. Just forget about him."

"I love him so much, mom. I really love him so much."

"You will get past this. Soon, you'll forget about him. You two aren't meant to be, Jessica. You'll find someone else. You'll find someone better."

"No." I broke away. "I want him. Just him."

"Jessica..." she tried to touch my cheek but I denied her to.

"What did you do, mom?"

"..."

"Were you the one behind it? Did you set him up?"

"..."

"Taeyeon will never cheat on me. Taeyeon would never hurt me."

"Jessica, this is enough. You are just furious about the situation. Calm yourself down."

"Tell me, mom! ing tell me the truth! Y-you---! You're the one who found out we're still continuing our relationship. Did you ing force him to break up with me?! Did you force him to say all those things to me?!"

She has gotten enraged, "How dare you cuss on me?!"

"Why are you making my life miserable?!"

"Jessica, for ing sake! He's just a man!"

"Stop making me look petty! Stop throwing all these back to me!!!"

"Are you hearing yourself, woman?! Are you seriously disrespecting me right now just because of that man?!"

"You always want to control my life! You and dad! Did I ever want to get back here in Korea?! No! But, you both forced me to! Now, you're trying to control my relationships too?!"

"We are trying to protect you! We are deciding what's best for you!"

"What's best for me or what's best for you?! Did you ever think I am happy with all these s you are deciding for me?! I am too old now for you to control my life! You do not own my life!"

"Jessica." She lowered her head. She held on her chest.

"This is the only thing that I wanted from you and dad! I never asked for anything more! But, you and dad are both selfish! You don't want me to end up with one who would conflict with your personal issues! The ing hell, I don't ing care about your damn personal issues! This is my life! You don't have the right to meddle with my life!"

"Jessica..." she repeated. She started to pant hard.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter