Chapter 2: In The Halls of YG

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meeting WINNER the previous day was one of the most memorable days of my life. We had so fun when they came, though they were just with us for a short while because we had to be pretty cautious with when Collins and Lee were going to come back to the hotel. They weren't supposed to know that WINNER had come to the hotel to visit. Most especially, Collins.

With the little time we had with WINNER, I couldn't help but feel like a fan girl all over again as we all got to know each other.

Seungyoon, the leader and maknae of the group is so cute. For me I really like him or maybe thats just the fan girl in me saying all that. I just felt he was such a fun and nice person to be around with.

Then there is Mino, who almost looks identical to G-Dragon, you could easily mistake the two for father and son. I mocked G-Dragon about it with the others. And Zoey kind of grew attached to Mino. Which to me, wasn't much of a surprise.

As for Jinwoo and Christine, they seem to be hitting it off pretty well like good friends. I for one thought they made a really cute couple. Though I had to keep in mind Collins' golden rule about not dating anyone while we were here in Korea.

As for Seunghoon, I wasn't going to let go of him that easily. He and I had a lot of talking to do concerning how he got in the closet in the first place. I guess he was the one who had secretly been stalking me the whole time.

Before they left, we agreed to meet tomorrow at YG, though the three BigBang members didn't think it was a good idea because of their manager. Even if the two groups were to meet, how were we, The Toxins, going to agree with Collins to let us go to YG? As far as everyone's concerned, we were done with our collabo with BigBang. What else were we going to do at that place?

I already had that part all sorted out. G-Dragon declared that whatever I had planned wasn't going to work this time around. The other Toxins and WINNER had faith that it will. And I was pretty sure it would work because I knew I wouldn't have to break a sweat.

Right now, this very morning, I'm in my purple pyjamas with a matching sleeping robe and fluffy bed slippers, stretching and yawning as I stepped out of my room into the hall. I made my way to the lounge where I found Collins and Lee by the dining table, working. The two had been so busy yesterday and still even today. I didn't get a chance to talk to Lee about WINNER because she came back so tired last night and went early to bed.

"Morning," I said as I approached the dining table.

"Morning," Collins replied first, then Lee. "Aren't you supposed to be asleep?" he asked.

"I'm tired of sleeping," I said as I drew out a chair and sat on the opposite end of the table from where Collins sat. I needed to look at him straight in the eye as we talk. But as for now, he was looking down at some paper work.

"Well, you can always do something, right?" he suggested.

"Ya, I guess," I replied as I leaned back on my chair and rubbed my eyes. "I was thinking we get back to the old routine."

"What old routine?" Collins asked. He was still not looking at me.

"You know, going for practise every morning. We're done with what we came to do here, so I was thinking it's best we try and keep ourselves busy while we wait to go home. We can't always go shopping and sightseeing everyday. At least we try to do what we're familiar with."

"Mmmm, I guess you're right," said Collins as he looked up at me. "I was wondering what you guys will be doing the whole time now that shooting the music video is done, and you came up with a pretty good idea."

"I did?" I tried not to act surprised through my sleepiness.

"Yep," Collins nodded his head. "I think doing your usual routine to start the day will be perfect. Why don't you wake up the others and head to YG? I don't want all of you to become lazy bums at the end of the day and that won't be good now, will it?"

Wow. This was literally not breaking a sweat. I didn't even have to look at him the entire time and he even agreed for us to start today. Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

I tried not to act all happy about it as I yawned and slowly stood up from the chair.

"Okay, I'll go wake them up," I said.

I left the lounge at a slow and steady pace. When I turned around the corner, I quickly and quietly ran back to my room with so much excitement and through the door I had left open. I ran in and jumped on Zoey's bed to wake her up.

Zoey sat up with a start immediately I landed on her bed. She her teeth in irritation when she noticed it was me and fell back into the bed covers.

"What's your problem, Sam?" she whined. "Can't you see it's too early in the morning?"

"Don't you want to go and see WINNER or what?" I asked as I looked down at her.

At first she didn't say a word until she scrambled to sit up, pushing the bed covers aside and looking at me with her eyes wide open.

"What did you say?" she asked.

"Get ready, we're going for practise," I said as I stood up from the bed.

"We're going to YG for practise? And meet WINNER there?" Zoey couldn't believe it. "Collins agreed?"

"Ya. So get your lazy out of bed and let's go. I'll go wake up the others."

"Sam, I love you," said Zoey with a smile. "You really had it all planned out, didn't you?"

"I did say I had a plan, right?" I shrugged my shoulders. "And Collins agreed without an argument."

"I can't wait for GD to see this. And he said your plan wouldn't work."

"Sometimes it's nice to prove people wrong." I smiled and headed out of the room.

I went to wake up Christine who couldn't understand why we were going for practise until I told her that we had to meet WINNER at YG.

"Wow, seriously?" Christine asked as she rubbed her eyes and sat up in bed. "Collins agreed to go back to the old routine?"

"I gave a reasonable explanation so, he agreed. Now, get your gym bag all packed up. You don't want to miss meeting Jinwoo now, do you?"

I noticed Christine blush out of no where and I decided not to taunt her about it. I quickly walked out of the room to go and wake my brothers up. And as much as they were excited that we were back to doing the old routine, they were happy that they would be meeting WINNER again.

When we all had our bags packed and we were all dressed ready to go for practise, we found ourselves in the lounge. Collins and Lee had stopped discussing and looked at us.

"Well, that was quick," said Collins.

"We don't need to do so much when going for practise, do we?" Zoey asked. "You told us that."

"She's right," said Lee as she looked at Collins.

"I hate when you use my words against me," said Collins. "Let's go before you start to say something I'm not looking forward to hearing."

"You know I can't do that, Collins," said Zoey. "I care too much."

Collins rolled his eyes and that almost made me laugh. "I'll keep that in mind," he said as he stood up from his chair. "Let's go."

"Isn't Lee coming with us?" Daniel asked.

"I would really love to, guys, but we've a lot of work to do," said Lee. "I'll make sure to pass by at lunchtime to check on you."

"You should, we have a lot to tell you," said Christine.

"And what would you possibly want to tell Lee that you wouldn't tell me?" Collins asked with his arms folded.

"Nothing," said Christine.

I noticed Mike give Christine a little shove on the shoulder and he whispered to her to shut up. I quickly intervened before Collins could notice and ask what was going on.

"It's just about the k-drama series we watched last night," I said. "Lee was so tired that she missed the episode that we were all planning on telling her what happened."

"You girls will tell her," said Mike. "I don't watch your k-dramas."

Collins sighed. "I don't watch k-dramas either but we all love something, right? Let's go."

We all said bye to Lee and we headed to the elevator and found the SUV waiting for us as usual outside.

When we arrived at YG, we disembarked out of the car at the entrance of the building. Collins wasn't coming in with us because he said he had to rush back to work.

"I already informed the working staff that you guys will be around," said Collins as he talked to us through the car window. "You guys behave yourselves, okay?"

"Don't worry about a thing, Collins," I said. "I can handle it when things get out of hand."

"I know you will. See you later."

"Bye, Collins," said Zoey and Christine at the same time as they waved at Collins who waved back.

Immediately the car drove out of the YG premises, we all turned around and found ourselves in the lobby.

"I can't believe this is happening," said Christine so excitedly as we walked towards the elevator.

"I know. Sam is a genius!" Zoey said as she wrapped her arm around my neck and brought me closer to her.

"Careful, Zoey," I said as I waved at the receptionist at the desk, who happily waved back at us. "And you're squeezing me to death."

"My sis has always been a genius," said Daniel.

"Did you text them that we're already here?" Mike asked.

"I did that when we were in the car," I said when Zoey had finally let go of my neck and we had reached the elevator.

"Good, so we wait," said Zoey as she pressed the up button of the elevator.

"No," I said as the doors flew open and we all went in. "We practise." The doors closed before us and I pressed the button to the floor leading to the dance studios.

"Are you kidding me?" Zoey moaned as she leaned on the walls.

"We did say we come here for exactly that, didn't we? It would look weird if we were just snooping around doing nothing."

"And besides, I don't think we've gone for practise in the morning for a while now," said Mike. "I really missed dance."

"We just danced three days ago," said Zoey, with her eyebrow raised.

"That's different."

"Ya, I still get what you mean. So, we practise and while we do that we wait for WINNER."

"Exactly," I said as I smiled at Zoey. "Not so hard to do, isn't it?"

"Don't mind, Zoey," said Christine. "We all know her too much already."

"I'm not a lazy bum if that's what you mean," said Zoey.

We soon got to the dance studios and when we occupied one of themy which was empty, we began to practise right away.

It was so much fun getting back to our old routine. I soon had that sense of relief after we practised even though I was tired after our first few rounds. I was born to dance and I realised that I had missed doing it.

"What time are these guys coming?" Zoey asked as she was seated on the floor.

"It isn't even close to two hours, Zoey," I said with my hands on my hips.

"I know, I'm just impatient and I'm already tired of practise."

"I'm so glad I told Collins that we should do this again. You've become so lazy. Stand up. Let's go for another round."

"Another round!" Zoey complained. "Can't we at least wait for the boys and Christine to come back?"

Christine, Mike and Daniel had gone out to fetch water bottles for all of us downstairs a good five minutes ago.

"Come on, let's go one on one, just you and me," I challenged.

"No way," said Zoey, still on the floor and shaking her head. "You know that you're a way better dancer than I am."

"Mike's like 'the' best in our group."

"And you're second. There's not much of a difference."

"Come on, Zoey," I pleaded as I went over to the Beats by Dre pill, lying a few feet away from us. "I promise I'll play that song you really like."

"What song?"

I didn't answer when I got my phone that was lying close to the pill and went through my music list. I tapped on the track, "The Greatest" by Sia and the music on the pill soon started to play.

I turned around and I found Zoey already up from the floor and looking at me. I smiled. I knew she would get up to this song.

"I hate you, Sam," she said as I approached her.

"Just dance, Zoey," I said as we stood a few feet away from her, facing her.

When the lyrics were sang out, Zoey started to dance and I watched her, then it was my turn to step in and dance too.

It's been a while since I had a real dance battle with Zoey and I had to admit, I was enjoying myself. Though we were dancing to one of Zoey's favourite songs and she was so good at dancing to it, I felt I was up to her level.

At the end of it, the whole thing didn't finish like a dance battle. We danced together both our moves synchronising with one another.

When the song was done, the two of us were facing each other and panting like crazy.

"That was so cool," said Zoey. "Let's do that again."

"Wow! You two were awesome," came Mino's voice behind us.

Zoey and I turned around and there stood, Mino and Seunghoon, both smiling at us.

"Aaah! You're here!" Zoey exclaimed excitedly and ran over to them. I was too exhausted to run, so I walked.

"Morning guys, how are you doing?" Zoey greeted them. "I wish I could hug you but I'm all drenched in sweat."

"We're great," said Mino. "Can we watch you two dance battle again? It was awesome."

"You watched the whole thing?" I asked as I finally got closer.

"Pretty much," said Seunghoon.

"Okay, so who do you think is a better dancer?" Zoey asked.

"Zoey," I gave her that look telling her that it wasn't necessary.

"No, like, seriously," Zoey went on completely ignoring me. "Whose the best?"

Mino and Seunghoon both looked at each other and I didn't want to know what was running through their minds. They smiled and went on to look at Zoey and I.

"I think Sam is a better dancer," said Seunghoon.

"Well, I think Zoey is," said Mino.

Zoey smiled to herself. "And it's a tie. We need more votes."

"Zoey can you just drop the whole thing? It's not really necessary," I said.

"Where is Seungyoon and Jinwoo?" Zoey asked, ignoring me again. "Didn't you all come together?"

"We met the other Toxins downstairs and they decided to stick with them," Mino answered.

"We will wait for them and then Sam and I can dance again and see who is the best."

I shook my head at Zoey and said nothing. She could be so persistent at times and right now, I couldn't do anything to stop her.

"Seunghoon, you I need to talk," I said as I looked at him.

"Ya, sure. What is it?" Seunghoon asked.

I nudged my head to the side telling him to follow me. I went over to the wall and leaned my back on to it. I had the back heel of my right foot pressing against the wall as I was staring at Seunghoon as he came closer.

"I want to know everything," I said with my arms folded.

Seunghoon lips were raised to a smile. And it was a corky one. That meant he knew what I was talking about. I wished he could stop doing that. He was making me lose focus.

"You aren't letting this go, are you?" he asked with his eyebrow raised.

"The others might, but I haven't," I said. "And I can also bet, the BigBang members aren't going to either. So, were you the one at the park hiding behind the trees when TOP came to pick me up?"

Seunghoon took a step closer and answered, "yes."

"And the one who was standing behind the door when I was alone in the recording studio and I chased you down the hall?"

He again took a step closer. "Yes."

Well, that made sense since the time I was chasing him down the hall, I never caught him because he had disappeared when I reached the lobby and no one had seen him. Only a person who knew YG could know where to go without being seen.

I hadn't realised it till now that I was looking up at him. He was so tall and he was looking down at me, his eyes never leaving mine. I gulped at how close he was that I could feel his body warmth. And that made me pretty uncomfortable.

"So, its been you the whole time?" I asked as I looked away, trying to ignore him and how close he was.

"Well, yes," he answered. "The others knew about it and they didn't like the idea of me stalking you. But I couldn't because I'm such a big fan of The Toxins."

"If you're such a fan why didn't you stalk the others as well?" I asked as I looked at him. "I'm not the only Toxin."

"Apparently you happen to be my bias," said Seunghoon as he leaned closer and whispered in my ear.

I blushed and I was a little surprised that he used the word "bias." In Korea, most people refer to that word when it was comes to the person who tends to be a personal favourite or most liked especially in relation to k-pop celebrities.

Seunghoon playfully tapped the tip of my nose and he laughed. "You look so cute when you blush. Has anyone ever told you that?"

"Well, yes," I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"I bet most of the BigBang members say that about you."

"No, they don't," I lied and Seunghoon laughed. He could clearly see through me because I was blushing too much. I shoved him aside and walked away. Luckily, the others had arrived.

"Good, the two groups are complete," said Zoey as she clapped her hands together.

"A 'hi' would be nice, don't you think?" Jinwoo suggested as he walked alongside Christine.

"That's Zoey," I said. "How are you two doing today?" I asked Seungyoon and Jinwoo.

"We're great," Seungyoon answered. "And you?"

"Awesome," I replied.

"Okay, Sam get over here," said Zoey as she took hold of my hand and dragged me with her.

"What the....Zoey!" I tried to pull my arm away from her grip but I was still being dragged along either way.

"What's going on?" Mike asked. I bet he had a confused look on his face.

Zoey stopped when she and I stood a few feet from the others. She turned to look at them.

"Sam and I are going to have a dance battle," she said.

"Huh?" Christine looked confused.

"Is that really necessary?" Daniel asked. "You should be having a dance battle with Mike not Sam."

"And besides, you and I have countless dance battles back home," I said after I pulled my hand away from her grip. "If you ask me, we were just having fun until Mino and Seunghoon showed up."

"Zoey, Sam is a better dancer than you. Period," said Mike as he unscrewed a bottle of water and drank some.

"That's not what Mino said," said Zoey with her hands on her hips.

"You should have seen the dance battle these two had," said Mino. "It was pretty awesome."

"I would also love to see it," said Jinwoo.

"Pretty, please?" Seungyoon pleaded with his hands clapped together and looking at me with those cute adorable eyes of his.

Apparently, he wasn't the only one doing the puppy eye thing. The four WINNER members were all doing but as they looked at me. Mino even had to pout his lips and that just made him look even more adorable.

I wanted to look away but I couldn't. They were really making me do something I didn't want to do.

"Come on, Sam," said Zoey. "Look, they are even doing the puppy eyes. So cute."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Fine. Let's battle," I said as I walked over to the audio Beats by Dre pill.

"Yes!" I heard the four of them cheer. I smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter