Chapter 8: "We Are EXO."

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Zoey's P.O.V:

"Are you sure Sam will like it if you get her a gift?" I asked as I looked at G-Dragon.

"Of course she will," he answered with a smile on his face, his eyes fixed on the road as he drove. "You know, she hasn't fully forgiven me yet."

I raised an eyebrow. "She hasn't?"

"Nope."

I groaned as I stared up at the ceiling of the car. Sam could be really difficult sometimes.

"I thought she meant it when she told me she forgave you," I said.

"She really didn't. She gave me one weird explanation and I knew she didn't mean it."

I sulked. "Sam is one big fat liar."

"A 'pretty' big fat liar," G-Dragon emphasised. "You got to admit, she's really good at it."

"One of her many talents." I smiled at him but it soon fell away.

"So, what can I get her?"

"I don't think getting her a gift will be enough for her to forgive you."

"What do you mean? I thought ladies love gifts."

I shrugged my shoulders. "You're right on that part. But one thing you should know about Sam is that she's different. She's practically those girls people refer to as a 'rare species.'"

G-Dragon burst out laughing and when he turned to look at me, he stopped. I wasn't laughing and I definitely wasn't joking.

"Oh, you're serious," G-Dragon blushed as he fixed his eyes back on the road.

"When I mean that, I mean she's special," I said with a smile. "Someone like her needs something extraordinary. So if you're buying her a gift, then it should be something that will mean something to her forever. Almost like that pendant."

"So what do you think I should get her?"

"Mmmm, I don't know," I said as I thought for a bit. "That's why I think instead of buying her something, you should do something for her instead."

"Don't you think you should've told me that earlier?"

"I thought we were going shopping together, not getting Sam a gift."

I could see him roll his eyes. "Sorry. I thought you got the catch that we were going for Sam's sake."

"Sam's sake or yours?"

G-Dragon raised the corner of his lip into a smile. "Fine, my sake."

"Don't worry. You brought the right person for this. We'll find Sam something and she will totally forgive you. But just in case she doesn't, you better do something memorable for her."

G-Dragon groaned. "Why is Sam so difficult? I mean, she may seem ordinary, but she's different."

"That's why she's special," I smirked. "She can make any guy break into a sweat just to impress her and she doesn't have to lift a finger. Just like you."

"Are you making fun of me?" G-Dragon didn't turn to look at me when he asked.

"Maybe." I folded my arms with a smile and went on to look in front of me.

We soon found ourselves at Myeong-dong. I remember coming to this place for the first time after landing here in Korea. I think this was the best place to start looking for the perfect gift. I had to think of something real quick or else G-Dragon might just lose it. Though he did seem calm on the face, in the inside, I could tell he was losing it.

As we got out of his car and looked over at the Myeong-dong shopping centre across the road, he asked:

"Have you thought of what we can buy for her?"

The two of us quickly crossed the road when it was clear. We were clearly jaywalking even when there were no cars around. We got to the other side safely. "Not yet," I answered.

"I thought you already figured it out."

"Well, sorry. I'm not actually sidekick to know what Sam wants," I complained as the two of us walked towards the multi-storey building. "Trust me, even buying her a birthday gift is hard on my part."

"You're her best friend."

"Ya, but that doesn't mean she tells me what she wants like any other best friend would do." We soon walked through the wide open doors of the building finding ourselves in the lobby. "Sam isn't an open book where you can see everything. She's one where you've to read in between the lines to fully understand her."

"You think I don't know that?"

"Of course you do," I said sarcastically. "And I think I know just what to get her."

"What?"

"Do you have any antique shop around here?"

G-Dragon and I soon went up the escalator. And he gave me a surprised look.

"Why would you want to go to an antique shop?"

"If you want the perfect gift for Sam then an antique shop is the best place to start looking."

G-Dragon raised an eyebrow at me and I didn't say a word till we got to the top. We looked at each other as we got off the escalator and I could tell G-Dragon was contemplating over what I had just said.

"Are you sure we'll find a perfect gift for her there?"

"We've to try," I answered as I shrugged my shoulders. "Sam really likes things that are old, beautiful and has a special meaning."

"You think so?"

"I know so. Now, can we go? Because you and I are capturing a lot of attention at the moment."

G-Dragon and I looked around and we noticed people looking our way. Some even had their phones out to take pictures.

"Come on, I know just the place," he said as he started to walk away and I followed.

As we passed by some stores, I couldn't help but look at things on display. As we were passing the Gucci store, I saw a fancy looking outfit on a mannequin. The mannequin wore a fancy black leather jacket, a fancy black vest, a tight black and gold stripe fitting skirt with black fancy high heeled shoes. The mannequin even held a black and gold fancy Gucci ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter